Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well damn, I’d have given them a 5th outright for him to come play RB.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

The Bears watched in horror as Jordan Love tore it up the last half of the season. At that point Fields was an afterthought . So they don’t have much choice but to roll the dice with Caleb if they want to compete in the NFC North..
Love is the answer…

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Mar 2024 07:09
Allen probably has another season or two of good production. He did slow down a bit in the 2nd half of last season and then was shelved due to injury. Plus, Chicago doesn’t have a competent QB.
Caleb Williams could develop into a competent quarterback pretty fast.
BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2024 09:32
Bears giving out $50 million to Keenan Allen and Kevin Byard next two season. About $35 million this year $15 next. And giving up draft picks for them.

All that cap could go to front load some deals of some young guys entering their prime, or cap carryover.
The Bears could restructure the deal of Allen to reduce his cap hit for this season though. In addition they are slated to only spend a total of $38 million on those two players as Allen is under contract for the upcoming season only.

I agree that I'm glad the Packers have a much better front office than the Bears though.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cowboys signed Dak to a 4 year 160 million contract. They just restructured his roster bonus.

Through 3 years they’ve only counted 63.7M on the cap and part of that cap was already can kicking from his rookie deal. He has a cap hit of ~55 million this year, ~38 million next year and ~12 million in ‘26 and 1.25 in both 27 and 28.

If they decide to not bring him back, he’ll have a cap hit over $50 million in 2025 well. That is tough to build a team around.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
18 Mar 2024 19:19
:lombardi:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Saints finally restructured their way into positive cap territory.

…and summarily exhaust it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I would not have touched Chase Young with a 10-foot pole, nor would I ever in the future unless he totally turns things around.

He got traded to a good defense that made it to the SuperBowl and was set to hit the open market at the end of the season, so he had every imaginable reason to play hard, yet not only was he underwhelming, there are countless instances of him showing terrible effort on the field and taking plays off... even in the SuperBowl!! :messedup:

If you cannot bring yourself to play hard in that circumstance, you are a hopeless case, IMO.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Random rant about ESPN.

So I see Mel Kiper released a new mock draft, I decide to click on the link and check it out. In this day and age in 2024, that is still hidden behind a ESPN+ pay wall.

Now I stupidly have an ESPN+ account through Verizon tacked on automatically against my will.

Then I even miraculously have the ESPN+ log in information properly saved in my iphone and I was able to retrieve it (didn't automatically load for some reason).

I successfully log in, however they want to send a verification code to my email. I refresh my email for about 2-3 minutes and finally lose interest. Just now saw the verification code in my junk mail filter and has since expired and I can't log in.

Still haven't seen it.

Do that actually want anyone to see their website? Not sure they could provide a much worse user experience.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
19 Mar 2024 10:59
Random rant about ESPN.

So I see Mel Kiper released a new mock draft, I decide to click on the link and check it out. In this day and age in 2024, that is still hidden behind a ESPN+ pay wall.

Now I stupidly have an ESPN+ account through Verizon tacked on automatically against my will.

Then I even miraculously have the ESPN+ log in information properly saved in my iphone and I was able to retrieve it (didn't automatically load for some reason).

I successfully log in, however they want to send a verification code to my email. I refresh my email for about 2-3 minutes and finally lose interest. Just now saw the verification code in my junk mail filter and has since expired and I can't log in.

Still haven't seen it.

Do that actually want anyone to see their website? Not sure they could provide a much worse user experience.
very boomer of you to go to espn dot com seeking sports information
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2024 11:04
BF004 wrote:
Random rant about ESPN.

Still haven't seen it.

Was just a link on X I clicked on.

I'm hip enough to scroll through X and even call it X.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
Random rant about ESPN.

Still haven't seen it.

I feel like this happens to me constantly as well. That and Roku deciding that I should have to login to all of my apps once per month.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I can't even access ESPN+ even though it's it bundled with Hulu and Disney. I login just fine and then I go back to the article and it asks me to login again... Cleared all site data, cookies, etc... and still nothing... Only bothers me every so often, so don't have the drive to contact them.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
19 Mar 2024 11:28
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Random rant about ESPN.

Still haven't seen it.

Was just a link on X I clicked on.

I'm hip enough to scroll through X and even call it X.
It's tweeter
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Random rant about ESPN.

Still haven't seen it.

So you are against the blogger Andy's of the world. But the ESPNs are also "uncool"

What is the Drj approved source of information?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Mar 2024 13:24
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Random rant about ESPN.

Still haven't seen it.

So you are against the blogger Andy's of the world. But the ESPNs are also "uncool"

packers-huddle dot com, cheesehead tv, sirius xm mad dog sports radio, rich eisen, michael lombardi, matt schneidman, and private sources of the DrJ820
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2024 13:46
packers-huddle dot com

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Mar 2024 13:46
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

packers-huddle dot com, cheesehead tv, sirius xm mad dog sports radio, rich eisen, michael lombardi, matt schneidman, and private sources of the DrJ820
so bloggers and Schneidman for local and bloggers and Eisen/Lombardi for national. :aok:

I think Eisen is the only "broad" national guy I actually enjoy listening to. Dude's a legend.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ya let’s just keep drafting WR’s.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
19 Mar 2024 14:31
Ya let’s just keep drafting WR’s.

I would be really keen to see an analysis from someone with a careful eye to look at these WR contracts and see how inflated they are due to 1st-round draft status. Maybe not drafting a WR in Round 1 has been intentional on the Packers part. Chess, not checkers. If any of our receivers becomes worthy of a long-term extension, there is no 5th-year option to mess with, tons of incentive for player to accept a below market deal earlier to secure guaranteed money. Interesting concept, if nothing else.

Read More. Post Less.