General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rodgers and Adams have both said that 2 weeks off would mess up the zone they're in. Trust the men themselves. They want to play,. They don't want 2 weeks off. Pull them early, certainly. But you don't sit your starters giving them two weeks off when your leaders went public saying that it would disrupt the roll they're on.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jan 2022 23:41
Rodgers and Adams have both said that 2 weeks off would mess up the zone they're in. Trust the men themselves. They want to play,. They don't want 2 weeks off. Pull them early, certainly. But you don't sit your starters giving them two weeks off when your leaders went public saying that it would disrupt the roll they're on.
And it would be 20 or 21 days. That is too long.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Aaron Jones, in the last 2 games, has 3 of the longest 6 runs of the season with carries of 27, 27, and 28. Wondering why it feels so long since we have seen long runs? Other than the 3 above, we have had 1 rush over 15 yards since October.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 00:00
Aaron Jones, in the last 2 games, has 3 of the longest 6 runs of the season with carries of 27, 27, and 28. Wondering why it feels so long since we have seen long runs? Other than the 3 above, we have had 1 rush over 15 yards since October.
Maybe the oline being next guy up they aren't getting to second level or being asked to with run play calls.

Maybe cause how defenses play us with two high safety making it hard to get past that last level.

I dunno but our backs have done well blocking and receiving.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Packers have a top 10 defense again! :banana:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 00:00
Kind of surprised we starting hitting them against what are good run defenses. But looking at the guys we are throwing out there, Newman and Patrick And Nijman, no one will confuse those guys with road graters. Their strengths are all in the passing game and I think that has shown this year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jan 2022 23:41
when did they say that? Im sure they will play a half then. Im also pretty sure it has to do with stats (understandable). But ya, if they insist two weeks off will mess up their mojo...i agree..play a half.

I just 1) really want every starter that was available this week to be available for the playoffs, plus some guys we can get back.
and
2) would really like to see Love in another full game against a managable defense.

(Almost wonder if for negotiations sake Rodgers doesnt want to sit on the sideline as Love auditions for his job right in front of him)
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 08:44
Kind of surprised we starting hitting them against what are good run defenses. But looking at the guys we are throwing out there, Newman and Patrick And Nijman, no one will confuse those guys with road graters. Their strengths are all in the passing game and I think that has shown this year.
Disagree; Newman is a much better run blocker--especially when it's straight ahead--than pass blocker, where he makes tons of mental errors AND gets beat by quickness. I trust the right side of the line run blocking a ton more than I do pass blocking right now (Newman and Kelly)

But yeah, we are getting better run blocking of late than we were in the first couple games with this crew.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 08:46
when did they say that? Im sure they will play a half then. Im also pretty sure it has to do with stats (understandable). But ya, if they insist two weeks off will mess up their mojo...i agree..play a half.
Each said it separately in the post-game pressers. Not super commitedly, but just saying it felt like a long time off and they expected to play. Rodgers specifically mentioned the zone he was in and not wanting to lose it. Said he would play and expects Davante to. Adams said he hadn't thought a lot about it, but thinking about it on the spot, it sure seemed like a long time off and he wouldn't want that.

Then MLF said any decisions made along those lines would be made through conversations with players and leaders like Rodgers and Adams. So it seems like a longshot that they wouldn't start, at least. Davante admitted that part of his motivation is getting the team yardage record off of Jordy.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 03 Jan 2022 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 08:48
Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 08:46
Each said it separately in the post-game pressers. Not super commitedly, but just saying it felt like a long time off and they expected to play. Rodgers specifically mentioned the one he was in and not wanting to lose it. Said he would play and expects Davante to. Adams said he hadn't thought a lot about it, but thinking about it on the spot, it sure seemed like a long time off and he wouldn't want that.
Nice so they said it last night.

Alright well i assume that settles that then. I now expect to see them next week, and I hope it is for no more than a half.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Based on that, which if they feel that way, i support them...I suppose we can never hear of the toe again because it must be 100% healed up, awesome!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

24-23-1...

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
03 Jan 2022 09:16
24-23-1...

That 24-23-1 stat is such a powerful counter to the "but Rodgers" argument. MLF deserves a ton of credit.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
03 Jan 2022 09:21
That 24-23-1 stat is such a powerful counter to the "but Rodgers" argument. MLF deserves a ton of credit.
Yeah, I mean it's weird that it takes convincing for people to recognize it, but it sure seems to, so I'm glad the numbers are mounting to the point it's getting impossible to ignore.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 09:25
APB wrote:
03 Jan 2022 09:21
Yeah, I mean it's weird that it takes convincing for people to recognize it, but it sure seems to, so I'm glad the numbers are mounting to the point it's getting impossible to ignore.
nothing much enlightening about the last two years of McCarthy, that record speaks for itself, not even Rodgers could make those teams better, and even he was a part of the problem.

some of us had been complaining for about 2 or 3 years that McCarthy had to go, and imho Rodgers was part of the US crowd with his public comments that we needed to run more, and make other adjustments.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packers have the fewest turnovers in the league (10)
the 7th most takeaways in the league (26)
which leaves them tied with the Colts for best turnover differential (+16)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I’m good with the starters playing at least the 1st quarter to fine tune whatever they need to. And then get out.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Jan 2022 10:47
I’m good with the starters playing at least the 1st quarter to fine tune whatever they need to. And then get out.
I think MLF should put a performance incentive in it.

Like "ok, Aaron; you play until you lead two TD drives, then come out"

Rodgers will score on the first two drives and call it a day. Gotta give 'em the proper motivation :lol: :P