General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 10:49
Acrobat wrote:
03 Jan 2022 10:47
I’m good with the starters playing at least the 1st quarter to fine tune whatever they need to. And then get out.
I think MLF should put a performance incentive in it.

Like "ok, Aaron; you play until you lead two TD drives, then come out"

Rodgers will score on the first two drives and call it a day. Gotta give 'em the proper motivation :lol: :P
Make it a team encompassing measure: two score lead with ST contributing XP/FG without error.

Get all three units motivated to git 'r done.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Including playoffs, the Packers are 24-3 at home under MLF

2019: 7-1 regulay, 1-0 post
2020: 7-1 regular, 1-1 post
2021: 8-0 regular......

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Definitely more than an average EDGE defender.

PFR has him 9th in Pressures with 41, 15th in sacks with 9.5, 8th in QB Knockdowns with 13. 1 of 6 players with 40 or more tackles and 0 missed tackles.

****NOTE**** These PFR rankings are among all defenders, not just edge rushers.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 03 Jan 2022 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 11:43

Definitely more than an average EDGE defender.

PFR has him 9th in Pressures with 41, 15th in sacks with 9.5, 8th in QB Knockdowns with 13. 1 of 6 players with 40 or more tackles and 0 missed tackles.
Just came to post this, lol

Yours was better.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Best tackler in the league? Campbell. Lowest missed tackle percentage among those players with 85 or more combine tackles. He has 4 missed tackles. In that group with 85 or more combined tackles only Nick Bolton has less with 3, but he has 40 fewer combined tackles than Campbell's 146.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

PFR 41 pressures 9th in league

PFF 76 pressures, 2nd in league

how in thee hell can PFR an d PFF come up with a difference of 35 pressures? obviously one service counts all pressures on the QB and the other selectively leaves out half of them.

we can only dream of how affective our pass rush could have been if Z played all year, or even if Lowery was simply close to consistent as Clark, this group would be mentioned with the likes of the 07 and 011 Giants, or the Rams and Ravens the last couple seasons, absent Z and Gary has picked up that loss.

Campbell is a huge PB snub, he had a much better season then Wagner.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Do we really need to explain it for the 5th time...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:07
hell ya, I never get tired of listening to someone explain how a stat service can miss 35 pressures?

my opinion is that PFR only counts the first pressure that forces the QB to mov e off his spot, and don't count the other 1, possibly 2 or even 3 other rushers that came later, to me it's selective, since often two guys or even more arrive at almost the same time, and PFF counts everyone that forces a hurry or a QB to try and avoid the rusher.
If your going to provide stats then provide complete stats, PFR doesn't, and just look at the discrepancy between the two, what Packer fan wouldn't take 2nd in the league over 9th, or 76 pressures over 41? not this Packer fan you can be sure of that.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think Dafney is very underrated for the Offense in terms of affecting whether the O has success or not. Obviously he isnt a playmaker, but I think the O is much better when he is in the game and involved.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:17

what a solid pick Stokes has been, hopefully a deal can be worked out for Douglas, Alexander has no lasting affects and we have all 3 to finish this season with.

Lewis seems like the energizer bunny, season after season he just keeps on delivering, I like the looks of Davis over DEquora, at least this small smple.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:23
Pckfn23 wrote:
hell ya, I never get tired of listening to someone explain how a stat service can miss 35 pressures?

my opinion is that PFR only counts the first pressure that forces the QB to mov e off his spot, and don't count the other 1, possibly 2 or even 3 other rushers that came later, to me it's selective, since often two guys or even more arrive at almost the same time, and PFF counts everyone that forces a hurry or a QB to try and avoid the rusher.
If your going to provide stats then provide complete stats, PFR doesn't, and just look at the discrepancy between the two, what Packer fan wouldn't take 2nd in the league over 9th, or 76 pressures over 41? not this Packer fan you can be sure of that.
What does it matter if they are different if they are both consistent in their determination and highly correlatable? And why do you need to ask every week?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:32
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

What does it matter if they are different if they are both consistent in their determination and highly correlatable? And why do you need to ask every week?
they just screwed our best pass rusher, the player almost everyone here said I was wrong to not want at slot 12, and they do so for every pass rusher, 3 years ago they snubbed Aaron Donald, and Z. Smith in 2019.

I wouldn't mind so much if they where consistent player to player across the board, but there not, this year with Gary bares that out, PFR rates him 9th, PFF rates him 2nd, and those rating are based proportionatly on Pressers, hit's and sacks, along with his play against the run, which has also very good.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

And you would be wrong since a half sack would also count as 1 pressure for each person. There is not 1 pressure only per play.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Hey all. If anyone knows where Jeff's stone is at Lambeau, let me know. I know it's been posted but couldn't find where.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:40
BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:32
Yoop wrote:

they just screwed our best pass rusher, the player almost everyone here said I was wrong to not want at slot 12, and they do so for every pass rusher, 3 years ago they snubbed Aaron Donald, and Z. Smith in 2019.

I wouldn't mind so much if they where consistent player to player across the board, but there not, this year with Gary bares that out, PFR rates him 9th, PFF rates him 2nd, and those rating are based proportionatly on Pressers, hit's and sacks, along with his play against the run, which has also very good.
How did they screw our best pass rusher? How are they snubbing anyone? What are they snubbing them from?

PFF rates him 2nd among ONLY Edge rushers. PFR was a total of ALL pass rushers.

How are PFR or PFF not consistent from player to player?

This is ALL a lack of understanding on your part, not some screw job or inconsistency.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 03 Jan 2022 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ranking of 2nd to 9th isn't a big deal and they aren't even talking about the same lot of players. And really don't think anyone cares the slightest bit if you ever liked the pick. We just care if he is good or not and yes, that determines our opinion of Gute's drafting ability. Pretty sure everyone here, at least who's opinions I care about, have stated from the beginning its stupid to grade or judge a pick too early.

If PFF is more lenient in the determination of a hurry, then that just likely means PFR's is more likely to record more 'impact' or 'obvious' pressures. So yeah, PFR still holds a lot of credibility in my opinion.

We know the Packers coaches do their own stats as well that sync up with neither.

Just as long as both are consistent in how they grade, the answer probably lies somewhere in the middle. Neither should be taken as gospel and just one number of many to consider.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:50
Hey all. If anyone knows where Jeff's stone is at Lambeau, let me know. I know it's been posted but couldn't find where.
North side of the stadium, between the atrium entrance and the will call ticket area.

I was to say like 3 panels away from that ticket thingy.

I would guess like here:

image.png
image.png (2.88 MiB) Viewed 315 times

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:56
paco wrote:
03 Jan 2022 12:50
North side of the stadium, between the atrium entrance and the will call ticket area.

I was to say like 3 panels away from that ticket thingy.
Knew you'd come through! Going to find it after lunch.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gary has been good overall this year. Glad to have him on the team.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23