Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
03 Feb 2022 13:10
wallyuwl wrote:
03 Feb 2022 13:06
They are saying on FS1 that there is a report that Harbaugh is staying at Michigan. I think the fact the Queens haven't announced their HC yet means they were going with the Rams OC the whole time.
There's stuff posted about this in the Black Monday thread. Harbaugh interviewed but seriously Harbaugh'd it up. Vikings can't announce O'Connell yet because the Rams are still playing. But yes, all reports are that direction. I think they would have gone Harbaugh had he not been such an idiot.

The HC of a school like Michigan doesn't take a 9 hour interview with an NFL team on National Signing Day unless he's expecting to get the job.
My understanding is he thought he had the job and the interview was for show. Big mistake. O'Connell apparently gave a whole presentation about where he felt he could bring the Franchise(Vikings) over the next few years. And remember, he did it while preparing for a playoff game.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If that's true, O'Connell sounds pretty impressive, which makes me even more miffed that HARBAW was not their pick.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
04 Feb 2022 20:14
If that's true, O'Connell sounds pretty impressive, which makes me even more miffed that HARBAW was not their pick.
Don’t be to quick to think they won’t screw up the interview with O’Connell, they did a bute of a job leading Harbaugh to think he was a shoe in for the job before he even left Ann Arbor wouldn’t put it past the vikes to blow it. :lol:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
05 Feb 2022 08:15
Labrev wrote:
04 Feb 2022 20:14
Don’t be to quick to think they won’t screw up the interview with O’Connell, they did a bute of a job leading Harbaugh to think he was a shoe in for the job before he even left Ann Arbor wouldn’t put it past the vikes to blow it. :lol:
I think Harbaugh thought he was a shoo-in, not the other way around. After all, if he is such a good catch, how come he hasn't had any other NFL interviews? is 9 or 10 open coaching slots in the NFL this year? Think about it. People thought he had the job because of KAM, but really, he only got the interview because of KAM.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Wasn't the Pro-Bowl today?

Damn, I missed it. :banana:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Raptorman wrote:
06 Feb 2022 17:12
Wasn't the Pro-Bowl today?

Damn, I missed it. :banana:
What happens in Vegas isn't staying in Vegas.
RIP JustJeff