OTA's 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:57
The issue stems from the way the org is setup. Many fans here (including myself) own stock in the team. So they feel they can’t be hard on something they think they are a part of. Some feel they must run PR for the org because they think they a part of the org. After all, they are an “owner” of the team we are discussing. This influences their own posting, plus influences how they respond to less than glowing reviews for players and org decisions.

But again, it’s all good with me. I don’t care what people post. I come here because I love the packers, learn more about the team here, and find the ecosystem entertaining...however something not on my list is running PR for the org because I have a share of stock.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jun 2022 17:26
Drj820 wrote:
The issue stems from the way the org is setup. Many fans here (including myself) own stock in the team. So they feel they can’t be hard on something they think they are a part of. Some feel they must run PR for the org because they think they a part of the org. After all, they are an “owner” of the team we are discussing. This influences their own posting, plus influences how they respond to less than glowing reviews for players and org decisions.

But again, it’s all good with me. I don’t care what people post. I come here because I love the packers, learn more about the team here, and find the ecosystem entertaining...however something not on my list is running PR for the org because I have a share of stock.
do you and others that do what you just did realize how fking insulting that is, seriously, if you where sitting face to face with someone, made a comment, and there reply was to show you a picture, what would you expect back in return, if ya don't want to have or continue a conversation then just don't respond, wtf

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Packers are my favorite sports team by a good margin. I own stock in the team. That I own stock in the team as NOTHING to do with how I view the team. I view the team the same now as I did before I bought stock in 2011. I support team decisions when I see the sense in them. I don't support the team when I don't see sense in their decisions. I am not going to harp on things continually just for the sake of it or to further a pet topic. I have never been a player "support" guy, but I also am not overly critical of any of them. I'll point out when they do good things and point out when they aren't doing good things. I am here to talk Packers football, that's my entertainment, not the discord that some want to sew by being admitted trolls and supporting others that look to do the same. This last bit has led me to post much less on here. Some will see that as a win, but unfortunately it also means those only trolling for responses are taking over...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

oh this thread.....
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2022 17:36
go pak go wrote:
15 Jun 2022 17:26
Drj820 wrote:

do you and others that do what you just did realize how fking insulting that is, seriously, if you where sitting face to face with someone, made a comment, and there reply was to show you a picture, what would you expect back in return, if ya don't want to have or continue a conversation then just don't respond, wtf
yes.

Fighting fire with fire. I've tried for 10 years of being reasonable. At this point all I can do is make light of these types of posts.
Last edited by go pak go on 15 Jun 2022 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:

This last bit has led me to post much less on here. Some will see that as a win, but unfortunately it also means those only trolling for responses are taking over...
We understand you see yourself as self appointed forum police. The last few weeks have been great.

It’s June of the NFL season, it’s the time to discuss things over and over. Not much else going on.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2022 17:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:22
Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:19

No comment
I assume you say no comment because what you imply actually does not exist on this board.
of course it exist on this board, it exist in everything, Homerism is a natural thing, take a look around, almost 50% of this country is loyal to a baboon, thats the problem, loyalty minus the foundation for it is mis guided homerism.

basically the entire football sports media has said outside of Adams our WR group sucked, I said it for years, look at the backlash I got around here, same with Gary, we used slot 12 on a player that graded 58 of all draft selections in that class, 50 freaking 8, Simmons graded low teens in comparison, again I got gang banged for my opinion, don't tell me there is no homerism here.
2 clarifications.

1. ON THIS BOARD. We aren't talking about anyone outside this board.
2. This isn't about regular "homerism." The statement called out a fictitious group of people on this board that "take the org line or think highly of every player, everytime."

Is there a person on this board that falls into what is described in #2?

Again with the pet topics. :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My policy is I give a player a benefit of the doubt for 3 years. But I will also say if they are bad or not in the meantime.

Like Amari Rodgers. I was the first person on this board who called him out. I did it at Family Night. I said the game looked to big for him. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to root for him this year.

A few players I get over the top hyped about. Rashan Gary, AJ Dillon and MVS definitely fit that mold.

Gutes done a lot of good. Lot of bad too. His first draft after Rd1 is :suicide:

But overall the good has far outweighed the bad. I just wish the front office didn't underweight STs to the level it did. Pretty clear they valued kicker, punter and felt everything else could kind of take care of itself. That was a serious mistake.

But overall I enjoy at least some level of thought and care that goes into a post. Posting something with clear gross negligence of looking something up prior and spreading misinformation or posting something to post something (to strike a ruse) doesn't add to anything. We are a better forum than that.
Last edited by go pak go on 15 Jun 2022 17:54, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 17:41
Pckfn23 wrote:

This last bit has led me to post much less on here. Some will see that as a win, but unfortunately it also means those only trolling for responses are taking over...
We understand you see yourself as self appointed forum police. The last few weeks have been great.

It’s June of the NFL season, it’s the time to discuss things over and over. Not much else going on.
Ah, so what you say below was just general &%$@, got it!
I don’t care what people post. I come here because I love the packers, learn more about the team here, and find the ecosystem entertaining...
FYI, it's been much more than several weeks. In fact I have been more involved the last several weeks than much of the offseason minus the few weeks around the draft. It's been more than a year since I have been taking time away simply because there is a faction, mostly from Packers Planet that aren't here to actually talk Packers. Sure, that's the platform they use, and they are fans, but they aren't interested in community. They are interested in strife and discord. They take pleasure in it, just as they take pleasure in being correct about the negative. The last part I can't get behind and roll my eyes at, but the former is deplorable in it's dishonesty.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
The Packers are my favorite sports team by a good margin. I own stock in the team. That I own stock in the team as NOTHING to do with how I view the team. I view the team the same now as I did before I bought stock in 2011. I support team decisions when I see the sense in them. I don't support the team when I don't see sense in their decisions. I am not going to harp on things continually just for the sake of it or to further a pet topic. I have never been a player "support" guy, but I also am not overly critical of any of them. I'll point out when they do good things and point out when they aren't doing good things. I am here to talk Packers football, that's my entertainment, not the discord that some want to sew by being admitted trolls and supporting others that look to do the same. This last bit has led me to post much less on here. Some will see that as a win, but unfortunately it also means those only trolling for responses are taking over...
God love ya B. You don't own stock in the team. Time to put that to rest.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Realist wrote:
15 Jun 2022 18:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
Stukndet, you just had your chance! Why didn't you take it? I wish I would have known and I would have started a go fund me for you! I've posted pics of my stock in it's city stadium bleachers frame. It's a pretty neat piece of memorabilia.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=786&p=73585&hilit=Bleacher#p73585

Thank you for perfectly exemplifying my point, by the way.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 19:42
Realist wrote:
15 Jun 2022 18:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
Stukndet, you just had your chance! Why didn't you take it? I wish I would have known and I would have started a go fund me for you! I've posted pics of my stock in it's city stadium bleachers frame. It's a pretty neat piece of memorabilia.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=786&p=73585&hilit=Bleacher#p73585

Thank you for perfectly exemplifying my point, by the way.
Ok 23. Awesome.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jun 2022 15:39
Drj820 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 13:07
There are literally people on this board who think you are a pessimist or bad fan of you don’t take the org line or think highly of every player, everytime. The only player allowed to be attacked amongst this group is Mr Aaron Rodgers.
This is the realest thing posted on this board. Fans will bash away at Rodgers hours on end. Meanwhile the front office has been absolutely failing in their personnel decision making from coaches to players.

Though annoying and often disruptive, Fanboy is a relatively harmless Warrior because his interests and knowledge are strictly limited a single obsession. He's fixated on a particular video game, a celebrity {**cough**RODGERS**cough**}, a television show, a sports team, – almost anything, really. Fanboy’s compulsion makes him very easy to identify, but it also arms him with supernatural tenacity. The most benign criticism of his beloved immediately provokes a cascade of virulent abuse. Once alerted to Fanboy's sensitivities Evil Clown, Troller and Jerk will goad himmercilessly. CAUTION: ANYONE can become a Fanboy, but the warning signs of an emerging Fanboy are subtle and easily overlooked. For example, are you a little hasty to defend Linux?
https://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warr ... fanboy.htm
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I just really enjoy rooting for good teams and talking about good teams with other people who care about the same team.

It doesn't have to be that complicated. It's a hobby. A passionate, time-intensive hobby. But I like it when my team is good, and I am frustrated when my team is bad. Our team has been really good, so I like what they're doing and I like talking about them. When they do badly, I get bummed out and I don't really like to talk about it. So I just keep posting about how good our team is when our team is good. Being better than good is great! I love it when that happens. But not so much to take it for granted when our team is really good and/or consistently good. If that makes me a rose-colored elite, so be it. But for me, being a good team is a season-long reward of spending time watching competitive games and feeling invested in them. A loss at the end of the road hurts my soul, but it doesn't flood the road behind me.

Also, what complicates the picture here, is that I keep getting what I want from this team. Not generally, but, like, exactly, specifically what I want. Gutey keeps doing things I want him to do. So it's hard for me to complain, even when it doesn't work out. But, like, I wanted to draft Jaire Alexander, and we did. This season, I wanted to sign Sammy Watkins, and we did. I wanted to draft Christian Watson, and we did. I wanted to draft 3 WRs and we did. In 2020, I listed Deguara and JRJ in the five players I most wanted to draft, and we did. I loved AJ Dillon, and we took him. I compared Darnell Savage to Earl Thomas pre-draft, and we moved for him. This isn't to toot my own horn as an evaluator, because sometimes Gutey and I agreed and were wrong--EQSB, Amari Rodgers (so far) stand out, plus some of the guys I just listed.

So when your favorite team's GM keeps doing specific things you want him to, you're gonna come off as pretty frickin' rosy. Sure, maybe I wouldn't have drafted Quay Walker at 22, but I also wouldn't have drafted Eric Stokes, and that was great. So yeah, I'm a happy fan. I like my team. I like that they're good. And I like their approach because it aligns so well with my own thoughts. So when we disagree, I give them some benefit. I know they think generally like I do, but they have a lot more information and expertise, so let's see what happens.

And what happens? We keep winning so many games! They're so fun to watch! I love watching Packers games and thinking Packers thoughts! That's who I am.

Also, browse through this thread to see drunk YoHo (this post) versus high YoHo (all that diplomatic analysis and big words earlier).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 17:42
Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2022 17:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jun 2022 16:22

I assume you say no comment because what you imply actually does not exist on this board.
of course it exist on this board, it exist in everything, Homerism is a natural thing, take a look around, almost 50% of this country is loyal to a baboon, thats the problem, loyalty minus the foundation for it is mis guided homerism.

basically the entire football sports media has said outside of Adams our WR group sucked, I said it for years, look at the backlash I got around here, same with Gary, we used slot 12 on a player that graded 58 of all draft selections in that class, 50 freaking 8, Simmons graded low teens in comparison, again I got gang banged for my opinion, don't tell me there is no homerism here.
2 clarifications.

1. ON THIS BOARD. We aren't talking about anyone outside this board.
2. This isn't about regular "homerism." The statement called out a fictitious group of people on this board that "take the org line or think highly of every player, everytime."

Is there a person on this board that falls into what is described in #2?

Again with the pet topics. :roll:
I get your point, we on occasion are infiltrated by flamers, they contradict almost everything in order to create discord and division, but those people are few, and yes we have one right now, as the slogan goes, " don't feed the trolls" and eventually they will go away, I know, at times it's hard to ignore them.

my pet topics are real, both Ted and Gute have done little till now to fortify the WR position, and Gary was a expensive pine rider, after just spending a 100 mil. on edge rushers why use slot 12 on him, when a damn good DT is available, the pick made absolutely no sense to me, yet everyone here justified it, that is unfounded homerism.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Jun 2022 10:25
the pick made absolutely no sense to me, yet everyone here justified it, that is unfounded homerism.
The pick doesn't have to make sense to you. It's fine to hate it. You can be on your lonely island.

But to then say the rest of the board here justifying it only being "unfounded homerism" when you are talking about a budding star and potential best defensive player and 2nd most impactful Packer this season....that is absolutely ridiculous.

Rashan Gary is becoming exactly what you would ever dream any draft pick to be with the one exception of producing at a slower rate than hoped for in year 2. But otherwise this guy is everything a draft pick is hoped to be. He was the best player on the field in our last playoff game and it wasn't close.

I honestly commend your consistency on saying you didn't like the Gary pick. The consistency of liking Simmons was a 2020 development but I will let that slide. But to say "liking the Gary pick" is just some unfounded homerism is absolutely ridiculous. Especially when that assertion of liking and rooting for the pick has come to fruition.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I will also add that by Year 2, Gary was showing enough that he should have been on the field more, but our coaches just were not using him like they should have been. His pressure rate was high, even as a rookie.

We essentially did to him then what we are doing to AJ Dillon now. That's on the coaches, not the GM or the pick.

The way we saw them use all three of Gary and the Smiths in that 49ers game was hawt secks. It's a shame they waited 'til Z's last game as a Packer to finally start doing that, though. EDGE/DL is not like QB or OL, you can play more than just the "starters" all at once.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
16 Jun 2022 12:44
I will also add that by Year 2, Gary was showing enough that he should have been on the field more, but our coaches just were not using him like they should have been. His pressure rate was high, even as a rookie.

We essentially did to him then what we are doing to AJ Dillon now. That's on the coaches, not the GM or the pick.

The way we saw them use all three of Gary and the Smiths in that 49ers game was hawt secks. It's a shame they waited 'til Z's last game as a Packer to finally start doing that, though. EDGE/DL is not like QB or OL, you can play more than just the "starters" all at once.
Gary was always bound to be a bench warmer for a couple seasons. Thats what happens when you pay 100m to the same position in the same offseason. I do agree though that the coaches could have been more creative with him to get their moneys worth more with him. He certainly appears to be turning into a nice pick now, but ideally you want more playing time with the cheap labor of a high draft pick
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jun 2022 12:16
Yoop wrote:
16 Jun 2022 10:25
the pick made absolutely no sense to me, yet everyone here justified it, that is unfounded homerism.
The pick doesn't have to make sense to you. It's fine to hate it. You can be on your lonely island.

But to then say the rest of the board here justifying it only being "unfounded homerism" when you are talking about a budding star and potential best defensive player and 2nd most impactful Packer this season....that is absolutely ridiculous.

Rashan Gary is becoming exactly what you would ever dream any draft pick to be with the one exception of producing at a slower rate than hoped for in year 2. But otherwise this guy is everything a draft pick is hoped to be. He was the best player on the field in our last playoff game and it wasn't close.

I honestly commend your consistency on saying you didn't like the Gary pick. The consistency of liking Simmons was a 2020 development but I will let that slide. But to say "liking the Gary pick" is just some unfounded homerism is absolutely ridiculous. Especially when that assertion of liking and rooting for the pick has come to fruition.
I liked Simmons along with a half doz other in that draft class, and Simmons was a stud almost immediately, the point is you and others defended the pick from the moment Gute allowed Mike Smith to talk him into it, other then QB there is no way I'd pick another position to groom using slot 12, not ever, PFT and another draft grading service rated Gary # 58 in that draft class, Simmons in the teens, and Simmons is ranked in the 50's in this years 100, Gary in the 70's, which position is tougher to find a stud, easily DT, the lengths you've went to defend the pick over Simmons is pretty homeristic, and it's been the same for receiver.

as I said though, we are all a bit homerish here, and thats OK, I just wish people would at times be more agreeable.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
16 Jun 2022 12:44

Many also forget the status of the team and the Smiths at that time. We had no proven EDGE players at the time we signed Preston and Zadarius. Preston Smith was coming off a mediocre season with the Redskins. He had 2 decent seasons out of 4, but wasn't a sure fire "star." Zadarius was even less of a sure thing than Preston. He was coming off a good season, but in his 4 years in Baltimore he was a situational pass rusher and at most a part time starter. They became very good signings for the Packers, but they were in no way sure fire quality starters when we signed them. Drafting Gary was not the nonsensical pick it is being made out to be. Gary took a while to play up to potential and we knew he was raw at draft time. Then it happened that both Smiths played really well in 2019. That was a good problem to have.