What to do with Aaron (with season now in dumpster)?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 12:30
Yep, a simple small movement in the pocket is not a pressure, never said it was...
ffs you just told me it was, we see Rodgers moving in the pocket to avoid the DT pushing our OL man back into Rodgers in less then a 2 count most of the damn season and you want to deny it

funny how now you rely on PFF grades to &%$@ on Rodgers when you burnt holes in there grades for years, same with stats, you are beyond the worst person here for digging up any ol stat or grade that supports whatever twisted point of view your trying to push off on people, and you call me a liar.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 12:40
And this is PFF:
Under pressure passing is any time the quarterback is disturbed from his normal throwing motion from set up to release, or anytime a pressure is registered on a given passing play.
2 from OL against the Bears. A fabrication to say the OL was responsible for an appreciable amount of pressures in the form of getting pushed back into the QB.
again, it's horse &%$@, according to PFF Bahkteria has not given up a pressure, when I actually saw it happen, PFF grades have become even more questionable lately, does your daughter work for them :lol: your now defending them so.?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

No relying, no defending, simply providing. You fabricate things to discredit the offensive line, so I am providing some evidence that what you say didn't happen. You will watch a game or a reply with a motivation and preconceived notion. In this case you had to discredit the OL to stick to it. In reality the OL played very well in pass pro against the Bears and this notion that they gave up interior push to pressure the QB is just false.

FYI, I am not talking about Aaron Rodgers. I am talking about the OL, you afor some reason, are getting butt hurt that the OL played well in pass pro... Weird.
we see Rodgers moving in the pocket to avoid the DT pushing our OL man back into Rodgers in less then a 2 count most of the damn season and you want to deny it
We did earlier in the season but this is not true in the last 5-6 weeks.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop's utter disrespect for every player on the O other than AR is truly astonishing.

I guess I'll have to try watching a game with the mindset: "How was this successful play due to only AR? How was this negative play fault of others than AR?" I don't think I can do it, but I guess yoop has done it for so long it has become second nature.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:12
Yoop's utter disrespect for every player on the O other than AR is truly astonishing.

I guess I'll have to try watching a game with the mindset: "How was this successful play due to only AR? How was this negative play fault of others than AR?" I don't think I can do it, but I guess yoop has done it for so long it has become second nature.
yoop lives in multiple realities. Because I can just as easily see him dump on the QB (this is more rare) or coach or lack of motion, WRs etc. if he necessary when he senses someone picking on a specific player.

yoop is a mama bear. He protects those he feels are attacked at the cost of everything.

Of course this means yoop will contradict himself roughly 30 times in a day (meaning he will dump on a Packer for 2 straight hours and then defend same Packer at expense of other Packers he was just defending 3 hours later) but all of that be damned when dealing with a transactional arguer. It's all about saying what needs to be said to win an argument. Facts, logic, memory, consistency be damned.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

yada yada, blah, blah, blah, It is not disrespectful to say our ol man where pushed to the point that Rodgers had to move off his set spot, and that happened at least a half doz times in the Bears game, to funny, you's guys bash Rodgers in every game and whine when I question PFF grades you've all questioned in the past, :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

FYI, I never bashed Rodgers for the Bears game...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:29
salmar80 wrote:

yoop lives in multiple realities. Because I can just as easily see him dump on the QB (this is more rare) or coach or lack of motion, WRs etc. if he necessary when he senses someone picking on a specific player.

yoop is a mama bear. He protects those he feels are attacked at the cost of everything.

Of course this means yoop will contradict himself roughly 30 times in a day (meaning he will dump on a Packer for 2 straight hours and then defend same Packer at expense of other Packers he was just defending 3 hours later) but all of that be damned when dealing with a transactional arguer. It's all about saying what needs to be said to win an argument. Facts, logic, memory, consistency be damned.
least I don't root for the team to lose, or whine like puppy because we'll miss out on a lower draft pick, or mention I'll give up being a Packer fan when the team losses, you got nothing on me.

as to defending players, coaches or any or other thing thats called loyalty, and if I should happen to change my mind or complain about a player or coach you'll find that to be common fan ship.

when Amish said the only thing that would cause him to leave was insider bickering, what is it that you think your doing here, why would you think putting me down with insults wouldn't provoke a response from me?

when so called Fans root to lose they should expect a negative response from me. when they tell me one thing and deny it, same thing.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:41
and I don't remember you saying you did, what you said was that Rodgers wasn't pressured, didn't have to avoid a pass rush, in that you where wrong, and just because PFF or Herman, or anyone else says that, well there wrong too.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
And this is PFF:
Under pressure passing is any time the quarterback is disturbed from his normal throwing motion from set up to release, or anytime a pressure is registered on a given passing play.
2 from OL against the Bears. A fabrication to say the OL was responsible for an appreciable amount of pressures in the form of getting pushed back into the QB.
Pfr has the better stat as it is less subjective.

This is another case of a pff kid deciding when a throwing motion set upnis disturbed. Atleast pfr is based on something clear like escaping the pocket.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
and I don't remember you saying you did, what you said was that Rodgers wasn't pressured, didn't have to avoid a pass rush, in that you where wrong, and just because PFF or Herman, or anyone else says that, well there wrong too.
Can't stand when random packer fans like Herman are put forward as a source of truth on play just because they have a website or twitter handle. I put more credence in the opinion of some posters here then those guys.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:

Salmar, you do know that for most of a decade and a half AR was the player most responsible for our success, maybe I will need to retrain myself and not automatically give him the credit, but probably not for another year or so, and odds are I'll never be able to give that credit to Love

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
you's guys bash Rodgers in every game
Nope, didn't say that either. Again your lack of reading comprehension is killing you.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
And this is PFF:

This is another case of a pff kid deciding when a throwing motion set upnis disturbed. Atleast pfr is based on something clear like escaping the pocket.
pfr hasn't come out with their Week 13 Advanced Stats but I am very confident they will be a maximum of 2 pressures allowed/the Bears earned or less. I wouldn't be surprised if PFR awards 0 pressures to the Bears (0 given up by the Packers).

PFR is significantly stricter on handing out pressures than PFF. PFF is absolutely the source that shows more pressures. They give a pressure when the QB stays in the pocket like pckfn23 stated whereas PFR appears to require escaping the pocket to give a pressure.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
06 Dec 2022 14:01
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Can't stand when random packer fans like Herman are put forward as a source of truth on play just because they have a website or twitter handle. I put more credence in the opinion of some posters here then those guys.
no kidding, and Herman imho is one of the best of the lot.

People bring any ol blogger because having a blog site gives that person status in the eyes of other fans and it supports whatever BS opinion there trying to win a debate on, question that opinion and they will attempt to get other members to support them, it's so cliche and absent of original thought on there part, they just want to be on which ever side provides the best argument.

to say Rodgers wasn't forced to move around to avoid pressure against the Bears is hog wash, but who's going to disagree with Pro football focus, or actually re watch some of the game and see it for themselves.

insane

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 14:09
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Nope, didn't say that either. Again your lack of reading comprehension is killing you.
you've said it all year FY

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2022 14:12
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
And this is PFF:

pfr hasn't come out with their Week 13 Advanced Stats but I am very confident they will be a maximum of 2 pressures allowed/the Bears earned or less. I wouldn't be surprised if PFR awards 0 pressures to the Bears (0 given up by the Packers).

PFR is significantly stricter on handing out pressures than PFF. PFF is absolutely the source that shows more pressures. They give a pressure when the QB stays in the pocket like pckfn23 stated whereas PFR appears to require escaping the pocket to give a pressure.
I use to think the same way a couple years ago, since then I've become more skeptical of there grades, they miss on pressures, blocks , tackles, PD's,

and just because they allow two pressures against the Bears, simply sit down and rewatch some of the game, when a DT drives Runyan or Myers back and Rodgers has to side step that push/rush, that is forcing Rodgers to reset, and to me that constitutes a pressure, and the Bears sure as hell did that more then just twice.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
06 Dec 2022 14:01
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
The reason I use Herman as a source is because he watches and grades the play of every player every game and documents his scoring.

His scoring he has found is very consistent with how GM's perceive players (meaning indicative of if a player will be on a roster the following year) and his dedication and documentation alone make him far more credible in my eyes than almost any other person in the media. You won't see much more of a "whole picture" guy than Andy Herman simply due to his dedication of watching every play and documentation of it (meaning you're not strapped to recency bias or any other bias)

And that's not even to mention Herman graduating from both the National Football Post and Worldwide NFL Scouting schools. I'm not putting Herman on the level of an NFL coach or professional scout, but I am confident to use his work as a source compared to national media members or forum members who either don't have the football knowledge or dedication to watch every Packer play.

I certainly enjoy listening to guys like Dan Orlovsky and Kurt Warner as well. They do a great job.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2022 14:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 14:09
Yoop wrote:

you've said it all year FY
Again, nope. Haven't said Rodgers hasn't been pressured all year. The OL play was absolutely atrocious the first month.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2022 14:12
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
And this is PFF:

Agreed.

I don't think pfr is a good definition but it is a cleaner stat.