Rodgers Traded

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Good story about how the trade happened.

Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I rely on what I've seen, when Rodgers had more then one quality receiver he won a SB, with only one, he couldn't, everything else is noise.

anyone that supports relying on the QB to make game saving plays to win is defending the GM, reality is it just makes everything more complicated and harder when the QB's receiver group is so limited, and when ya add in the !@#$ poor ST's and lousy defense, it becomes impossible.

Rodgers didn't go from the best QB in the league, or one of em to what we saw last year, Lazard became his go to guy, a year prior and Lazard was the same as every other young very raw receiver Rodgers has been forced to play with.

I also believe the main reason Murphy renegotiated his contract early 2018 was because Rodgers wanted a trade, he was not happy with the direction of the offense, obviously, McCarthys schemes required better receivers then we had, and he basically refused to run the ball, it got him fired, but didn't really fix the problem other then Matt used more run schemes.

and our new GM (Teddy T. too) used every excuse in the book to avoid using a high pick on receiver or TE, he should be horse whipped for that negligence, :swear: maybe he was, cause he finally has found the errors of his ways :rotf:

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Yoop wrote:
07 May 2023 14:01
Labrev wrote:
07 May 2023 10:45
You are not missing anything. The slavish defense of Rodgers/pathological criticism of Mgmt for doing stuff they don't like (it's hard to know where one begins and the other ends) is 100% confirmation bias; everything is proof-positive of it.

Last season, drafting Watson and Doubs was both negligence of the WR position for which our O woes were to blame *and* (later, when the O improved) the WR position finally getting the help it needed, and then back to negligence when we lost to DET (even as one of the rookie WRs in question was one of the only players to actually play well).
insulting me and others who blame management for the &%$@ that went on here the last half doz years is a fools errand sonny, only a homer like you would suck up to the bs of not drafting high floor high ceiling receivers for 7 years and asking a HOF QB to make do with the chicken scratchings they've brought in since Adams, same crap at TE, all to keep building what they hope will eventually be a servicable defense, it's a running Joke to anyone not a Packer fan, the biggest reason we've had winning Records in that 7 year span or even longer is the guy you keep dissing, and that makes you a fool.

the Jets beat us last year using a 22 package and running the football, and this defense with it's gobs of 1st round draft picks couldn't stop it, and then our receivers kept dropping passes.

Rodgers hasn't been the problem, the GM's we've had have been, don't take my word for it, as anyone that has nothing to lose taking a side, look around at the best offenses in the league, there rounded out with skill position talent, something this team has lacked for that 7 years span, people that just keep blaming the QB either have no clue why, or a agenda of protecting the FO.

It's one thing to dislike Rodgers, it's another to insult me or anyone that isn't agenda driven to support this BS, better receivers help the QB do better, so to say the ones he had where good enough obviously is false, because we freaking saw how good he was with a better cast of talent, duh, seriously Labrev, are you on meds? you spout this non sense and expect no response.

I will be laughing my ass off at you Labrev and that goes for the rest of you Rodgers doubters too, again last season you center your distaste for the team on the QB when it was a FO issue again, sad actually that the Jets don't come to Lambeau and this QB doesn't get to seek some revenge as Favre did, I'am sure he'd love to ( no pun intended)
Is it just me or is it weird to call out Labrev for "insulting you" when you refer to him as "sonny"?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
08 May 2023 11:03
I rely on what I've seen, when Rodgers had more then one quality receiver he won a SB, with only one, he couldn't, everything else is noise.
Damn, I had no clue that the Packers won the Super Bowl in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. My day just got a whole lot better!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
How about this variable for ya. Rodgers only won a SB when the defense scored a TD in 3 out of the 4 playoff games and all but one of them were needed to pull off the victory because we won by only one score.

The 2011 team was an offensive story. The 2010 team was a defensive story.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 May 2023 11:21
Yoop wrote:
How about this variable for ya. Rodgers only won a SB when the defense scored a TD in 3 out of the 4 playoff games and all but one of them were needed to pull off the victory because we won by only one score.

The 2011 team was an offensive story. The 2010 team was a defensive story.
good point, thing is Starks was not good enough as a RB to help slow the Giants pass rush, opponents like KC ??who exposed our weakness first, simply used deep cover and didn't even bother to try and stop the run or anything short, max pass rush and prevent coverage caused the 2011 loss

2010 we had a great defense with very good 2nd tier talent, every loss was a 1 score game

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 May 2023 10:34
Good story about how the trade happened.

Good read!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
08 May 2023 11:56
good point, thing is Starks was not good enough as a RB...
How dare you?! :nono:

:rotf:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Good article. pretty close to how I assumed it went down.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That SI article is really good. Thank you for posting!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
08 May 2023 12:40
Yoop wrote:
08 May 2023 11:56
good point, thing is Starks was not good enough as a RB...
How dare you?! :nono:

:rotf:
Sorry Crazy legs :oops:

the up right slasher types just can't protect themselves, Dillon is also taking a beating, when ya can't knock a RB down hitting him high, ya aim for the shoe laces, least that how I remember James Starks, hardly ever played at 100% healthy, when he was though he was a package, big, quick, one cut RB. :aok:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

How it all happened, according to some (which Rodgers will probably say is BS cuz it make him look bad).
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/375 ... l-contract
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
10 May 2023 09:28
How it all happened, according to some (which Rodgers will probably say is BS cuz it make him look bad).
The Jets gambled a lot on Rodgers, a lot more then they gambled on Favre, picking up a 100 mil contract, plus the draft compensation.

sorta reminds me of the Dandy Devine insanity with John Hadl, going for broke can really come back to haunt you, but just like the Packer fans of 73 the jets fans are ecstatic with this trade, we'll see how they feel towards the end of the season, good chance the jets FO people will have to protect there pets, kids, wifes, heck probably have to sell there glass houses and live behind bars :lol:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
Aaron doesn't know about wi-fi calling? Yeah, okay. :roll:
At his introductory news conference with the Jets, Rodgers blamed the lack of communication on bad cell service at his Malibu home and said the only way to reach him is via FaceTime.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Yoop wrote:
10 May 2023 10:14
paco wrote:
The Jets gambled a lot on Rodgers, a lot more then they gambled on Favre, picking up a 100 mil contract, plus the draft compensation.

sorta reminds me of the Dandy Devine insanity with John Hadl, going for broke can really come back to haunt you, but just like the Packer fans of 73 the jets fans are ecstatic with this trade, we'll see how they feel towards the end of the season, good chance the jets FO people will have to protect there pets, kids, wifes, heck probably have to sell there glass houses and live behind bars :lol:
If they don't win it all with him this trade isn't going to age very well.

Of course if they don't win it all it will be all on the OL, WR, TE, RB, DEF, ST and coaching. (yes this is a joke)

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Yoop wrote:
Let‘s assume that to be true (and I actually agree that Rodgers was „undertalented“ most of his Packers time). Then why would Rodgers go for max deals, knowing it will worsen the situation for him and his team? Rodgers wasn‘t and isn‘t the typical NFL player who does rightfully prioritize money over anything bc his window is small and unsafe. Since 2011 Rodgers became a megastar and money flows naturally and plenty to those. Ad deals, tv deals after retirement, networks with rich & mighty people - if you are not some King Midas you can focus on other things than money…like legacy. Rodgers did not and this is why he is to blame at least as much as the organization: his monster deals strangled us from mid 2010s to now and prevented loaded Packer teams.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

German_Panzer wrote:
12 May 2023 17:56
Yoop wrote:
Let‘s assume that to be true (and I actually agree that Rodgers was „undertalented“ most of his Packers time). Then why would Rodgers go for max deals, knowing it will worsen the situation for him and his team? Rodgers wasn‘t and isn‘t the typical NFL player who does rightfully prioritize money over anything bc his window is small and unsafe. Since 2011 Rodgers became a megastar and money flows naturally and plenty to those. Ad deals, tv deals after retirement, networks with rich & mighty people - if you are not some King Midas you can focus on other things than money…like legacy. Rodgers did not and this is why he is to blame at least as much as the organization: his monster deals strangled us from mid 2010s to now and prevented loaded Packer teams.
I'll never fault a player for getting all the money they can, but it absolutely comes at a price in who else you can sign to support.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Madcity_matt wrote:
13 May 2023 09:39
German_Panzer wrote:
12 May 2023 17:56
Yoop wrote:
I'll never fault a player for getting all the money they can, but it absolutely comes at a price in who else you can sign to support.
He was paid based on his QB ranking just as most others are, and he took the money because it is how others perceive status across the league, same with all sports.

other teams pay huge QB contracts and still win because they give those QB's skill position players to win with, we became side tracked intent on building defense to the point of futility, and it led to the decline of the receiver room, it discouraged Rodgers to the point I think he wanted a trade after the 2017 season so we gave him a bunch more money, I have no prove of that but he still had 2 years left on his old deal, why bump the contract unless he was complaining.

Money isn't the reason for not getting him better receiver talent, team building was, the powers that be decided building defense took precedence over being able to score on a 5 or 6 play series.

look at the changes made, we fired a HC that styled his offense on the ability to score quickly, when Ted took over he built a offense capable of just that, and Hired a coach with spread vertical asperations, and Rodgers became the most respected QB in the league because he excelled at dropping bombs in the hands of a very good receiver group, from 2016 on that basically ended, and everything on offense became harder.

people seem baffled why Rodgers developed a pissed off attitude, and took the big contracts over doing the Brady thing, simple, NE actually directly helped Brady, they didn't spend every resource or draft pick on defense.
as to skipping the OTA's the last couple years, the Packers didn't bring anyone in to get excited over till Watson last year, and his actions which seemed like a divorce the off season of 2022 hinted he was fed up, as they say money may make life easier, but not necessarily happier, to me that pretty much describes Rodgers since 2017.

just my regurgitated opinion again :cry:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

yoop when Rodgers contract comes up:

:P
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
13 May 2023 10:41
people seem baffled why Rodgers developed a pissed off attitude, and took the big contracts over doing the Brady thing, simple, NE actually directly helped Brady, they didn't spend every resource or draft pick on defense.
Nobody is baffled as to why he -was- pissed; he explained that in no uncertain terms.

It's you who refuses to accept the facts to keep your WR Madden fantasy going.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto