Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
12 Jul 2024 14:00
I literally thought the point of the video was to show how smooth Love was and how choppy and terrible Fields was. That was my only takeaway.

true, thats all the video did say. :aok: and thanks for bringing it 23.

I was inspired though to delve into cause and affect in defense of Fields a bit, he's had 3 different QB coaches, and ran for 1100 yrds in 2022, so I wouldn't expect him to look as polished as Love, doubt he'll ever be either.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Choices.

I feel for Davante and still love the dude, but these are the secondary effects of the choices he made.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
13 Jul 2024 07:00
Choices.

I feel for Davante and still love the dude, but these are the secondary effects of the choices he made.

true, but.

seems like the affects of stupid decision making of the team myself, Tae went there to unite with his old College QB, who very likely would have dimed that long ball, obviously not his decision to trade him, heck Tae was openly upset with that decision when it happened.

to bad, Adams deserved a better situation then the Raiders are providing.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Looks like Jordan Addison is in direct competition for Rashee Rice for worst driver in the NFL.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Hey. Derrick Henry just signed with the Ravens. Lamar's got another weapon.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Jul 2024 18:09
Hey. Derrick Henry just signed with the Ravens. Lamar's got another weapon.
By just you mean this past March? ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

mnkcarp wrote:
15 Jul 2024 17:10
Looks like Jordan Addison is in direct competition for Rashee Rice for worst driver in the NFL.
Tough look so soon after a teammate got killed by a drunk driver last month

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
Choices.

Yeah you will never get sympathy from me when a player goes elsewhere on a 2nd or 3rd contract and suddenly loses the magic that got them to their status.

There is no free lunch in this world. Especially a salary cap world.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jul 2024 08:09
APB wrote:
Choices.

true, but.

seems like the affects of stupid decision making of the team myself, Tae went there to unite with his old College QB, who very likely would have dimed that long ball, obviously not his decision to trade him, heck Tae was openly upset with that decision when it happened.

to bad, Adams deserved a better situation then the Raiders are providing.
What part of Tea saying, "I want to only be on the Raiders" confused you to think it wasn't Tae's decision?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jul 2024 06:06
APB wrote:
Choices.

Yeah you will never get sympathy from me when a player goes elsewhere on a 2nd or 3rd contract and suddenly loses the magic that got them to their status.

There is no free lunch in this world. Especially a salary cap world.
the only thing Adams lost was his QB, he had more yrds and higher average his first season with the Raiders with Carr at QB.

doesn't mean squat that he said he only wanted to be a raider, we both know comments like that are designed to save face.

if we had even hoped to keep adams, the low ball offer was designed to get Adams to leave without the FO getting blamed, it's the Packer MO.

your comment reminds me of the Huddle tradition, diss every ex player who wanted a fair contract, or simply wanted to play else where.

reality is this, we needed to rebuild the receiver group, and Adams would have held all the newbies down, both MLF and Love would have relied on Adams at the expense of the new kids, might have helped early, or even all season.

two things can be a huge help, either a QB on cheap contract, or the rest of the offense on rookie contracts, myself, I'll always pick the later, dumping Adams and of course Rodgers put the focus of the last three drafts back to offense and building one that can hang together for years to come, Tae had to go for that process to happen.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

The only thing the Packers could have done differently is re-sign him earlier when he was thinking about a new deal, but at the time, the long-term situation at QB was unclear. And so they prioritized extending Rodgers but not re-signing Adams at the time he wanted his deal is reportedly what made him unhappy and then decide he wanted to play for LV.

If that's the case then sorry, Tae, but the Packers were right to do that. A WR, even an elite one, is useless if you do not have a QB that can get him the ball. Were there any doubt of that, watch the clip above. Adams is useless now, not because he is not still great, but because he can't make plays because the QBs can't get him the ball.

And yeah I know he thought he'd be playing with Carr, but there are two problems with that. One, you can never count on the QB situation to be stable when playing for incompetent franchises like LV, least of all with Josh McDaniels as your HC. Two, Carr was flat-out not a very good QB by that point.

Tae did the Rodgers thing, he placed way too much importance on playing with his buddy, rather than playing with and for winners.

Very dumb decision, and since the result we are seeing was entirely predictable, I don't feel much sympathy for him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Jul 2024 08:05
The only thing the Packers could have done differently is re-sign him earlier when he was thinking about a new deal, but at the time, the long-term situation at QB was unclear. And so they prioritized extending Rodgers but not re-signing Adams at the time he wanted his deal is reportedly what made him unhappy and then decide he wanted to play for LV.

If that's the case then sorry, Tae, but the Packers were right to do that. A WR, even an elite one, is useless if you do not have a QB that can get him the ball. Were there any doubt of that, watch the clip above. Adams is useless now, not because he is not still great, but because he can't make plays because the QBs can't get him the ball.

And yeah I know he thought he'd be playing with Carr, but there are two problems with that. One, you can never count on the QB situation to be stable when playing for incompetent franchises like LV, least of all with Josh McDaniels as your HC. Two, Carr was flat-out not a very good QB by that point.

Tae did the Rodgers thing, he placed way too much importance on playing with his buddy, rather than playing with and for winners.

Very dumb decision, and since the result we are seeing was entirely predictable, I don't feel much sympathy for him.
Tae bought a home in Vegas months before he left, it was a done deal, the Packers offered him 17 mil that off season, which we both would have thought of as insulting, we did the same with just about everyone who wanted to be paid fairly on a 3rd contract, thats our MO, same as most other teams, it's normal.

Carr was good enough so that Tae was able to produce more then he ever had with us, Carr, like Rodgers had great chemistry with Adams and audibled out of Daniels called plays to feature Adams just as Rodgers did, the difference is that MLF saw the value of allowing Rodgers to do that, McDaniels ego wouldn't allow that.

dumb decision, he got mostly what he wanted, at least for one year, wanted to settle after football in Vegas, he may be upset that the raiders didn't replace Carr with a better QB, but I doubt he's upset about the rest.

Tae is one of our best all time, had nothing but praise for the Packers most of his tenure, of course I feel bad that he couldn't finish his career here, sad it's ending on a down note, but look forward to his return to retire as a Packer

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
16 Jul 2024 08:19
Tae bought a home in Vegas months before he left, it was a done deal, the Packers offered him 17 mil that off season, which we both would have thought of as insulting, we did the same with just about everyone who wanted to be paid fairly on a 3rd contract, thats our MO, same as most other teams, it's normal.
Get your facts straight. The $17M offer was an extension offer BEFORE his final season in Green Bay. All reports said Green Bay offered MORE than Las Vegas during the offseason he was traded but his mind was already made up that Green Bay could not do anything to keep him. He was butt hurt about being low-balled the offseason before.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
16 Jul 2024 08:28
Yoop wrote:
Get your facts straight. The $17M offer was an extension offer BEFORE his final season in Green Bay. All reports said Green Bay offered MORE than Las Vegas during the offseason he was traded but his mind was already made up that Green Bay could not do anything to keep him. He was butt hurt about being low-balled the offseason before.
I think most players would be butt hurt if they were offered $17M after being the top WR in the league. That was an embarrassing offer by the team.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jul 2024 09:10
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
I think most players would be butt hurt if they were offered $17M after being the top WR in the league. That was an embarrassing offer by the team.
That's fine. The truth is he had a year left on his contract, so he did not have leverage. When he did, he chose to use it to exit the team rather than cash in with them.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:

Carr was good enough so that Tae was able to produce more then he ever had with us,
Let's get more facts straight! Davante Adams had a career high in TDs and receptions in 2020 with a career high in yards coming in 2021. Both years he was a Packer!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 16 Jul 2024 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

More Adams facts...all of these players conveniently forget about the big fat signing bonus they got at the beginning of their new deals
Adams happily pocketed that HUGE bonus and then ignored it when griping about the "lowball" salary or extension. Its disingenuous.

Its also disingenuous to say WRs are making $35M+ per season; Adams current deal is over-inflated to satisfy his ego of being the highest paid WR,
( on paper) but he will never see that cash. Either the deal gets re-done by Raiders or another team trading for him. His cap number for 2025 - is a whopping $44M and he ain't getting all of that. Or the $44M in 2026.

So tell Tae thanks for everything, but he can STFU about being underpaid or undervalued- that's only true if we ignore the signing bonus AND the imaginary fluff in the later years. Its a stupid game of stroking the athletes' ego and padding the resume of his agents. Reality is the Packers took very good care of him, backed him despite his massive struggles in 2015, and turned him into an NFL star.
Nothing to be ashamed about as a fan of the Packers.
IT. IS. TIME

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

NCF wrote:
16 Jul 2024 09:26
lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jul 2024 09:10
NCF wrote:

That's fine. The truth is he had a year left on his contract, so he did not have leverage. When he did, he chose to use it to exit the team rather than cash in with them.
Agreed. Be butt hurt then get over it and move on. He choose to get less money to get out of GB. It was a choice I believe he regrets now. GB moved on and long term will be better for it.

Tough business esp with a fan fav

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
my facts are facts, GB offered him, a measly 17 mil the year prior which Adams considered insulting, these are undisputable facts, and Gute didn't up the offer till well after Tae had bought a house in Vegas, and committed to Carr and the Raiders, this stuff has been reported by many different sources, I mean if you guys want to diss the dude, I just don't get it, best damn thing to happen to this team the last 10 years

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
16 Jul 2024 10:57
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
my facts are facts, GB offered him, a measly 17 mil the year prior which Adams considered insulting, these are undisputable facts, and Gute didn't up the offer till well after Tae had bought a house in Vegas, and committed to Carr and the Raiders, this stuff has been reported by many different sources, I mean if you guys want to diss the dude, I just don't get it, best damn thing to happen to this team the last 10 years
Wrong again. He didn't buy the house until 14 days before the trade. The Packers negotiated with him all offseason.

I don't know why you feel the need to lump me in with "everyone else". I am not dissing Davante Adams. I love Davante. I just choose to discuss him using, you know, things that ACTUALLY happened in the timeline that they ACTUALLY happened. You be you, though.

Read More. Post Less.