2021 NFL Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

49ers at #3 Take...

Poll ended at 30 Apr 2021 00:11

Mac Jones
50%
Trey Lance
38%
Justin Fields
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 8

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Very preliminary; quite limited in prospects numbers

Excuse the bold; that was how I built my mock
image.png
image.png (72.94 KiB) Viewed 261 times
image.png
image.png (55.85 KiB) Viewed 261 times

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Thanks YoHo. Gives me a good place to start.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

One thing I noticed on yours and a few other places is that people are completely shying away from the Packers taking an EDGE in the 1st. I wouldn't. There is still no guarantee Preston is here more than 1 year and Z 2 years. Can never have too many EDGE rushers.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
01 Apr 2021 13:35
One thing I noticed on yours and a few other places is that people are completely shying away from the Packers taking an EDGE in the 1st. I wouldn't. There is still no guarantee Preston is here more than 1 year and Z 2 years. Can never have too many EDGE rushers.
I think there is a strong chance this may happen if say either the kid of U of Miami or U of Michigan falls.

However, I also think if an edge falls to us that it may provide good trade back value which I would be more in favor of. But man oh man would Packers fans flip sh*t if we drafted another edge.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
01 Apr 2021 13:35
Perfectly fine point. I just really don't want it and thus haven't examined it very closely or allowed myself to consider it as a possibility. You may also notice I don't even have a CATEGORY for safeties. But we very well might draft a safety. I'm personally hoping that the 3-safety looks are few and far between now and we get ourselves more physical CBs and athletic LBs to play those roles.

But as for EDGE, it's worth noting that I view this edge class as weak. There are a lot of prospects and not a lot of finished products. The best one to me, Jaelen Phillips, has big medical questions. UCLA literally "medically retired him" so he transferred to a school that would clear him. And if we're going to take a toolsy projection anyway (which is how I think of literally the rest of the top of the class), I'd rather do so with a few favorites I've developed in the mid-late rounds.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

How come this board doesn't talk about Jabril Cox at all?

Why did we love Patrick Queen, Devin White, Devin Bush, but like it is CRICKETS when it comes to Jabril Cox.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
01 Apr 2021 14:04

Why did we love Patrick Queen, Devin White, Devin Bush, but like it is CRICKETS when it comes to Jabril Cox.
I assume people have finally given up on the Packers taking an ILB early.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm a couple days behind on updating my Pro Day database, but I'm browsing through some recent results and some really good stuff out there.

Landon Young, the Kentucky OT that someone here really likes put together a reallly nice workout; short shuttle could improve, but 3-cone and 40 and vert and height and weight were all stellar.

CB Aaron Robinson ran a 4.39

LB Jamin Davis got under a 4.5!

solid numbers from a very solid Day Two safety Richie Grant

Kadarius Toney got a 4.39

On the other hand, OT Rodney Hudson, who was supposed to be an athletic marvel but raw, had bad numbers.

Marlon Williams, a slot receiver I think [mention]NCF[/mention] likes, ran a 4.63

Chubba Hubbard's c.o.d. numbers were mediocre

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
01 Apr 2021 14:06
go pak go wrote:

I assume people have finally given up on the Packers taking an ILB early.
:aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:

I am sorta out on an early ILB but also, I made this board as I was doing data entry on all the Pro Days, so guys who hadn't had pro days are only on there if they're already top of mind. Cox just had his, but didn't work out due to a hamstring. But yeah, I like him. If we took him in the second, fine. But I guess I just value him below where he'll go, so I'd throw him in the late 3rd and why bother, haha

edit: WAIT, Jabril Cox is totally in my "Second/Third" category!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bateman came in shorter than expected, 6 feet and 3/8 of an inch, rather than 6'2"

I think he ran a bit slower (4.51) than the reported workout he had last month (4.39) but fast enough and consistent with his tape. But I am seeing both numbers still out there, so I'm not confident about that.

His c.o.d. were OUTSTANDING. 4.00 and 6.63

Basically, he is who he was on tape, according to the numbers.

Nothing yet on St-Juste.

Gutey was present.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Holy poop stick.

Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Apr 2021 14:42
Bateman came in shorter than expected, 6 feet and 3/8 of an inch, rather than 6'2"

I think he ran a bit slower (4.51) than the reported workout he had last month (4.39) but fast enough and consistent with his tape. But I am seeing both numbers still out there, so I'm not confident about that.

His c.o.d. were OUTSTANDING. 4.00 and 6.63

Basically, he is who he was on tape, according to the numbers.

Nothing yet on St-Juste.

Gutey was present.
Ok the page I got these from had probably made an upload mistake and has been revised.

The sensational change of direction numbers AND the shower of the two 40-times belong to St-Juste.

Bateman, it appears, ran the 4.39 and did not do c. o. d. testing

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m not the biggest Bateman fan and further don’t like those numbers, especially at a proday.

Don’t think he makes my top 50ish

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
01 Apr 2021 18:45
I’m not the biggest Bateman fan and further don’t like those numbers, especially at a proday.

we would most likely have to trade up for Bateman, this is a solid WR class and Bateman ranks by most as the #4 WR in it, he has the tool box, however he is a civil rights activist, changed his # from 13 to zero last year in support of BLM, he's a kneeler :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
02 Apr 2021 07:15
BF004 wrote:

we would most likely have to trade up for Bateman, this is a solid WR class and Bateman ranks by most as the #4 WR in it, he has the tool box, however he is a civil rights activist, changed his # from 13 to zero last year in support of BLM, he's a kneeler :lol:
[mention]Yoop[/mention] :nono:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
02 Apr 2021 07:29
Yoop wrote:
02 Apr 2021 07:15
BF004 wrote:

@Yoop :nono:
I know :lol: I was shocked to read that stuff about him, and it may have lost him some draft status, people have grown tired of activism.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
01 Apr 2021 15:10
Holy poop stick.

Liking what I'm reading about this kid a lot. It's weird, though; even Pauline, who tweeted that he can play and wrote a glowing review, puts him in the 5th round on his big board. Definitely a mid-late target for me moving forward. I'll try and watch some to see how much I like him, but I'm on board with the descriptions

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Apr 2021 08:28
go pak go wrote:
01 Apr 2021 15:10
Holy poop stick.

Liking what I'm reading about this kid a lot. It's weird, though; even Pauline, who tweeted that he can play and wrote a glowing review, puts him in the 5th round on his big board. Definitely a mid-late target for me moving forward. I'll try and watch some to see how much I like him, but I'm on board with the descriptions
Yeah he definitely is a later round "try it" pick.

I watched the defensive film of Kentucky vs Bama to watch Kelvin Joseph. Joseph played so well that game. But Bama scored a lot of points so to do that...it means they were picking on someone else.

But it has worked for us before. Taking a flier on a freak athlete only to have Same Shields contribute to an amazing secondary for us.

I think the bigger news was your nugget about St Juste at MN"s Pro Day. So you're telling me the guy does have hips and agility. :think:
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
02 Apr 2021 09:56
I think the bigger news was your nugget about St Juste at MN"s Pro Day. So you're telling me the guy does have hips and agility.
I'm optimistic but apprehensive. He feels SO MUCH like Kevin King. The value would be better if he's an early day three obviously. But King also had questions about the fluidity on film and then crushed the agility drills, alleviated those concerns to that extent, and then never played like it.

The differences to me are 1) tackling; St-Juste gets rave reviews both for tackling and general physicality, which is 2) King always had the potential as a press-man, but he hadn't (iirc), in college, really shown the physical style of play and remember early in his career talk by the DB coaches about getting him to play more physically; and 3) top-end speed for King gave him a higher ceiling than St-Juste may have (which also hasn't shown up as often as he gets beaten deep without showing a ton of recovery speed *burst*

So I'm thinking if St-Juste's physicality and c.o.d. allow him to play inside where the "fine-but-not-great" speed can be covered up a bit more. Where-as King and other "long" CBs like Josh Jackson never seem to fit inside well unless it's a TE matchup or something.