Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jan 2021 17:17

People on this forum praying for a Rodgers bad game it seems lol
Absolutely not.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Man...I'm starting to get jacked for this! We have to go and show them what it's worth to us. We need to show, not them, but the media who's boss!
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Then there is this:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Jan 2021 14:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:19
Here is why I say that. Rodgers in NFCCGs:
image.png

Now, here is Rodgers in the first half of those games:
image.png

Like I said, if Rodgers comes out hot in the 1st half, the game is over, we will be headed back to Tampa!

That lone TD in the first half came in the 1st quarter of the Seahawks game.
Skip Bayliss was using this as an argument all day yesterday. That Rodgers is not good in the big moment.

We were whipped the last two NFCCG's, but that San Fran team was miles better than us. Atlanta was really hot in 2016, and our defense was atrocious and so banged up. Maybe we should have expected ass whippings here.

I was a bit surprised with our run with the Bears. I have all "roses in the valley" memory for that performance. He definitely played worse than I remember.
Skip Clueless would choke before he would say anything positive about Rodgers. This clown absolutely hates AR for some reason. Why anybody would watch that moron's show is beyond me.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Full 2020 version of Green and Yellow :violin: :guitar: :dude: :jam: :dude: :guitar: :violin:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 23:28
Full 2020 version of Green and Yellow :violin: :guitar: :dude: :jam: :dude: :guitar: :violin:

I liked the song. Probably his 2010 version was better. There were some questionable bars in this one. The "Whoever play the Packers hope you packin light, you flying back tonight" was a hard bar I thought. It got me hype.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Half Empty wrote:
23 Jan 2021 12:10
Less than 90 and win - Atlanta, Jax, Chicago

90-100 and win - NO and Houston

2 of 3 losses were less than 100, and the other was 109
You know what, I don't even remember the Houston game. I said it many times during the season- we utterly dominated so many teams this year that I'm going to have a hard time remembering it like I remember previous seasons. Like I still remember a good deal of our 2007 and 2010 seasons. I know my brother went to the GB-HOU game and told Aaron Jones that he bought his cereal (which is delicious btw), but I can't really remember the actual game.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:19
Here is why I say that. Rodgers in NFCCGs:
image.png

Now, here is Rodgers in the first half of those games:
image.png

Like I said, if Rodgers comes out hot in the 1st half, the game is over, we will be headed back to Tampa!

That lone TD in the first half came in the 1st quarter of the Seahawks game.
That's a good point. It has been sort of obvious early in the game in the past when we were fixing to get blown out.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

There's been this inkling feeling of us matching up poorly again should we have to play TB in the playoffs, and I read FootballOutsiders today and they agree. But idk, LAR matched up well against us too, and we even drew "Good Goff" and still comfortably won.

I've thought since like week 2 or 3 that this was our year. Really when Rodgers came out and looked like the old Rodgers. Felt like it was our year. Still feels that way. TB is no SF. I mean, we do matchup sort of poorly and we could lose, but I think we're just too good.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 12:38
I think the barometer will be the play of Aaron Rodgers in the first half. If he comes out hot, we win this game.
Like in Atlanta a few years ago. He was totally dialed in. And so were his guys. Have to admit, if they are playing like that, nobody can stop them.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

How about if the Pack scores a TD in each of the 1st and 3rd quarters.

In the 1st, it'll set continue the tone that has carried all season, that we want to score early and build confidence.

In the 3rd, it'll overcome the complacency that has plagued all year. And given that'll be after halftime adjustments, it'll boost confidence in us and diminish it in the Bucs.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Obviously if Rodgers has a terrible game this is going to be a difficult day. But the determining factor is not Rodgers at all.

It is the Oline and the running game. It is the RB's getting 5 yards on first down, not 2. It is no turnovers for the O or ST and 1 for the D. It is for no dropped passes on 3rd down. It is for domination by the Dline. If all these things are true, Rodgers can miss open receivers and have a passing rating of 80 and the Packers will still win. Or Rodgers can be in the tent in the first quarter and the Packers win with Boyle.

On the other hand, if the RB's and WR's turn the ball over twice, if Rodgers gets sacked 4 times or more, if the D can't get a turnover and can't get off the field, if the ST gives the O a first and 10 from their own 2 yard line, then Rodgers can have a perfect passer rating and the Packers still lose.
Last edited by TheSkeptic on 24 Jan 2021 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The old saying “defense wins championships” is still true, but not like it used to be.

With the proliferation of offenses in the modern game, the best defense nowadays is a 10-13 play drive that consumes 6-8 minutes and results in a TD.

Tampa has enough weapons to make that happen. So do we. Brady will be crazy fired up to win. So will Aaron. But I think maybe the Packer squad as a whole will start more motivated to get to the SB than Tampa. One writer mentioned they’d want it for Aaron because he “only” has one ring. I’ll buy into that today.

That said, I want us to nab at least one INT today and the D to continue it’s excellence in the RZ.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Jan 2021 03:13
The old saying “defense wins championships” is still true, but not like it used to be.

With the proliferation of offenses in the modern game, the best defense nowadays is a 10-13 play drive that consumes 6-8 minutes and results in a TD.

Tampa has enough weapons to make that happen. So do we. Brady will be crazy fired up to win. So will Aaron. But I think maybe the Packer squad as a whole will start more motivated to get to the SB than Tampa. One writer mentioned they’d want it for Aaron because he “only” has one ring. I’ll buy into that today.

That said, I want us to nab at least one INT today and the D to continue it’s excellence in the RZ.
Should be wanting it for TT. This is still mostly the team he put together.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

25 F and snowing in Green Bay this morning. Home Ice. Wish I was there.

Perfect day so far. Time to get the coffee brewing.

Agree....win it for TT.

Go Pack Go!

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Anybody feel like running through a brick wall today?

LET'S GOOOOOO!!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Scott4Pack wrote:

In today's modern game that is the worst D. If you are going to give up a TD at the end of a long drive, go for broke and either get off the field with a 3 and out or a turnover. Get your guys off the field but get them off quickly so your O isn't sitting around cooling off. Let your own O take the big drives and wear out the opposing D. In the second half their D is gassed and you are fresh can play how you want.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
24 Jan 2021 07:17
Scott4Pack wrote:

In today's modern game that is the worst D. If you are going to give up a TD at the end of a long drive, go for broke and either get off the field with a 3 and out or a turnover. Get your guys off the field but get them off quickly so your O isn't sitting around cooling off. Let your own O take the big drives and wear out the opposing D. In the second half their D is gassed and you are fresh can play how you want.
I think what he meant is a the same, having a offense that consumes a ton of time and scores TD's after using it will automatically improve your own defense because it's not being exposed on the field, or something like that :lol: