Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lulu wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:32
TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:07
I've slept on it, and I've come to the simple conclusion that 1. Rodgers is a savage, waiting to leak the dirty on draft day - this was purely calculated - and 2. he doesn't have a whole lot to be upset about, other than Jordan Love, there isn't enough to be the diva he's currently being. Team should be stacked after this draft, with returning most of our starters. If we finished 4-12 last year, and the O was in the dumps, I could maybe understand it... but what exactly is there to really complain about right now? Love was a year ago, get over it. Or don't, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
To add to this, is he really crabbing about the team or just miffed about his contract. Can't ever blame a guy for wanting more. I don't see his actions or behavior (whatever that may truly be, because we really don't know unless the words come off his lips) as being detrimental to the team.
Hard to imagine him being already pissed about his contract, but never say never, guys are always mad about the amount of money they're getting. Most of them are babies.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:30
go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:27
We would demand significant compensation. I think we should get at least 2 1st round picks if not 3 1st round picks but we also want to ensure one of those picks is a premium 1st pick (top 10). If we trade Rodgers now, it will only be for future picks which likely means we are looking at pick 23 or later.

That is not good enough compensation. I think our best time to trade him now will in fact be spring of 2022.
I mean, we could trade him for the player another team just took. Like if Denver gives us Surtain and Jerry Jeudy, plus next year's 1st and this year's 3rd.

But I still just don't think it's in the best interest of the Packers to move him this year. The distraction is preferable to giving away the 2021-2022 window that we have opened up rather effectively.
that would be best case scenario for a trade this year, even that doesn't help the team for this season and maybe not much for 2022 either depending how quickly Love or another QB manage MLF's offense.

the distraction would be unbearable for the fans, Guty needs to eat crow, and do whatever possible to tame the anguish of Rodgers, or he could end up being a one contract GM, in fact the Board has to be scratching there head with the way Murphy has handled his job after leaving Ted at the helm back in 016

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:07
The messed up part in all of this though is that his best chance for a ring this year is to come back. I really don't think he puts Denver or Las Vegas over the top. Maybe close, but I don't think either team suddenly becomes a bigger Super Bowl favorite than a Rodgers led Packers team.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:43
paco wrote:
The messed up part in all of this though is that his best chance for a ring this year is to come back. I really don't think he puts Denver or Las Vegas over the top. Maybe close, but I don't think either team suddenly becomes a bigger Super Bowl favorite than a Rodgers led Packers team.
that was the point Lewis was making, he wants Rodgers back, he knows if Rodgers goes, so does his ring.

I bet there isn't a person here that thought Tampa would win the SB when Brady went there, a team that would give a lot to get Rodgers would also give as much as possible to help Rodger achieve the same result

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:57
Acrobat wrote:
paco wrote:
that was the point Lewis was making, he wants Rodgers back, he knows if Rodgers goes, so does his ring.

I bet there isn't a person here that thought Tampa would win the SB when Brady went there, a team that would give a lot to get Rodgers would also give as much as possible to help Rodger achieve the same result
And the point we are making is the Packers have. The Packers have given up as much as possible, save one draft pick selection, to get the results for Rodgers that Brady got last year.

The only difference is Adams and Rodgers didn't make the plays to score enough points whereas Godwin and Brady did to score the points.

And then your underlying situation of our edge rushers not stepping up like the Bucs edge rushers did and our top end LT wasn't there to help stop their edge rushers.

But you don't go 13-3 two in years in row unless you have really good football teams. Rodgers alone isn't good enough to do that. If he was, the Packers would have done it a lot more. No we only did that when the team was special; when the team was the top of the league such as 2011, 2014, 2019 and 2020.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Tampa Bay had the 3rd best Super Bowl odds preseason 2020. :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:05
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

And the point we are making is the Packers have. The Packers have given up as much as possible, save one draft pick selection, to get the results for Rodgers that Brady got last year.

The only difference is Adams and Rodgers didn't make the plays to score enough points whereas Godwin and Brady did to score the points.

And then your underlying situation of our edge rushers not stepping up like the Bucs edge rushers did and our top end LT wasn't there to help stop their edge rushers.

But you don't go 13-3 two in years in row unless you have really good football teams. Rodgers alone isn't good enough to do that. If he was, the Packers would have done it a lot more. No we only did that when the team was special; when the team was the top of the league such as 2011, 2014, 2019 and 2020.
Rodgers didn't lose that game, he had maybe two or 3 plays he could have done better, it was the rest of the supporting cast and coaching that sent the Bucs to the SB, peopel are so quick to blame Rodgers whenever we lose, why? because he didn't play as best as he has in the past, that is si idiotic

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:12
Tampa Bay had the 3rd best Super Bowl odds preseason 2020. :roll:
Also, Brady signed for $25 million a year and his friends wanted to go play with him in tax-free, sunny, warm Florida.

If Rodgers wants the team to do what the Bucs did, then he should cut his salary on the condition that the money is used to sign the 3 veteran free agents who want to come win a ring with Rodgers on the cheap. That's what Gronk and AB did last year.

The scenarios are not even remotely analogous.

Interestingly enough if Rodgers is traded and we eat the dead cap, the receiving team will get him at a salary of $25M and changing teams might give him the chance to tamper and pull some old buddies into the fold (though it's too late for impact guys). For a team trading for Rodgers, the situation the Bucs were in DOES become somewhat analogous. But it's not the same for us and for them.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Incidentally, the player that really stood out for awful play in the NFCCG was the one whose replacement was drafted first.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I've thought long and hard about the NFCCG lately

And I've determined that there was no one player we could add to have improved that game. What failed were our strengths all season long. The running game. The pass protection. The Pass rush. The red zone offense, including a drop by Adams and a couple errant throws by Rodgers.

What didn't fail? The run defense, which we know needed help. MVS, who we know we want to upgrade from. The secondary not named King, who nabbed 3 INTs off of Brady.

Fixing any of our season-long problems doesn't look like it impacted our NFCCG much. And adding strength to our season-long strengths would have been no more useful or appreciated on draft day 2020 as any other non-need position.

The team improved last year through development, continuity, and the addition of AJ Dillon, who played his part even if it was a small part. He basically won us the Titans game.

The team will further improve this year through development, continuity, and the addition of Eric Stokes and whoever else comes in; so long as we have OL worked out.

If you want to fix the holes on our team in the draft, though, recognize that the holes were not the reason we got bumped. No one player is. But assuredly, our best players (Adams, Z, and yes Rodgers) along with a sometimes useful starter (King), were among the most at-fault, along with the collective OL-without-Bakh effort (again, who played quite well all season through a variety of shuffles and injuries.

It's inconsistent to group last year's draft and last season's NFCCG failures to each other in any way other than the convenience of "around draft time I said 'this is why we won't win the Super Bowl' and then we didn't win the Super Bowl." That's really the only link. I can't imagine an available-to-us draft class that would have made the difference in THAT game, given how many of our best and most-experienced players fell flat.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:15
go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:05
Yoop wrote:

Rodgers didn't lose that game, he had maybe two or 3 plays he could have done better, it was the rest of the supporting cast and coaching that sent the Bucs to the SB, peopel are so quick to blame Rodgers whenever we lose, why? because he didn't play as best as he has in the past, that is si idiotic
Isn't the difference of a "few plays could have done better" usually the difference between a winner and loser?

Whether it be from Adams making the catch, Rodgers making some better decisions/throws, King not screwing up. But ultimately Rodgers is just as much part of that mix as anyone else on that championship caliber squad. And I guess I would have hoped he would be trying to figure out how to get the team, he supposedly has said has been his favorite rosters in his career, to get another crack at it rather than !@#$ it all away because of a petty grudge and getting his feelings hurt.

He is throwing away a lot more than his gain of "sticking it to Guty"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Waldo wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:22
Incidentally, the player that really stood out for awful play in the NFCCG was the one whose replacement was drafted first.
Yes, and coach responsible for that defensive call at the end of the half got canned.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:28
And I guess I would have hoped he would be trying to figure out how to get the team, he supposedly has said has been his favorite rosters in his career, to get another crack at it rather than !@#$ it all away because of a petty grudge and getting his feelings hurt.
I used to do PsyOp in the Army and this would be a really nice time to have a mobile speaker system follow him around or camp outside his house with a loop playing all the clips of himself talking about how much fun he was having, the unique team chemistry, how much he loved the room and the group, AND all the times he ever said he wanted to handle things differently than Favre did

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:26
I've thought long and hard about the NFCCG lately

And I've determined that there was no one player we could add to have improved that game. What failed were our strengths all season long. The running game. The pass protection. The Pass rush. The red zone offense, including a drop by Adams and a couple errant throws by Rodgers.

What didn't fail? The run defense, which we know needed help. MVS, who we know we want to upgrade from. The secondary not named King, who nabbed 3 INTs off of Brady.

Fixing any of our season-long problems doesn't look like it impacted our NFCCG much. And adding strength to our season-long strengths would have been no more useful or appreciated on draft day 2020 as any other non-need position.

The team improved last year through development, continuity, and the addition of AJ Dillon, who played his part even if it was a small part. He basically won us the Titans game.

The team will further improve this year through development, continuity, and the addition of Eric Stokes and whoever else comes in; so long as we have OL worked out.

If you want to fix the holes on our team in the draft, though, recognize that the holes were not the reason we got bumped. No one player is. But assuredly, our best players (Adams, Z, and yes Rodgers) along with a sometimes useful starter (King), were among the most at-fault, along with the collective OL-without-Bakh effort (again, who played quite well all season through a variety of shuffles and injuries.

It's inconsistent to group last year's draft and last season's NFCCG failures to each other in any way other than the convenience of "around draft time I said 'this is why we won't win the Super Bowl' and then we didn't win the Super Bowl." That's really the only link. I can't imagine an available-to-us draft class that would have made the difference in THAT game, given how many of our best and most-experienced players fell flat.
:clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

This is all his agent trying to get him a longer extension this year instead of waiting until next year. He won the MVP and is on top of the world so the agent is making his play. Unfortunately this type of play sucks and makes Aaron look like a whiny baby. All year he's been saying how this was his most fun year and he is in a great mindset.

On GMFB a few weeks ago, Kay Adams said something about this being his 16th season with one team and he corrected her to point out this will be his 17th season with the Packers. Didn't sound like a guy who didn't want to return. That's why I'm pissed he let his agents do this. Totally washes away his so-called "happy mindset" and makes him look like he was playing everyone all season long.

He is way too comfortable letting rumors fester and not caring what the fans think or his reputation look likes. Go host Jeopardy and let's move on to the next future prima dona!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this is Rodgers doing, don't go blaming his agent, he said at the beginning of the off season that he was not sure of his future, now mostly I think he was referring to after 2021, however he didn't say that, he wants insurance that he is playing for the Packer till he retires or his play tails off.

Guty does not want to give him that assurance, again people blaming Rodgers for what has been a FO issue the whole time.

either commit to Rodgers long term or trade him.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Seems clear that Rodgers has no real leverage and will therefore be back playing for the Packers in 2021.

You can tell his position is weak because it was him who leaked to the press. His only card is a media firestorm.

The Packers can tell him he either plays for the Packers in '21 or he retires. Rodgers wants to play into his 40s. Do we really think he's going to let Gute force him to retire at 38 against his will?

The Packers have a stacked roster, a QB-friendly scheme and an innovative head coach. There are worse options for a first round QB to take on the starting job.

Rodgers can quarterback that team to a Superbowl run if he wants or he can retire. Aaron, the choice is yours.

What the Packers must not do is trade him this offseason. If they avoid that then odds are extremely high he plays for the Packers in '21.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We are committed to Aaron Rodgers long term. He has a contract with Green Bay up until he turns 40. He is currently 37.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

The false narrative of the front office screwing up is strong.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is great, top 10 all time at his position. But I saw this coming in 2012 when he started having his little pissy fits and it started leaking that players didn't like him. Sure a lot of the articles were just the same two guys airing grievances, but a lot of the chatter matched the attitude we all saw on TV and in interviews sometimes. Rodgers is just...awkward, and a control freak. I'm not surprised this is happening now.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

If #12 Rodgers (not #12 Dickey or #12 Bratkowski) emerges from the corner of the south endzone again in a Packers uniform ........... What will be the reaction be from the fans in the stands? If I am there I am pretty sure I'd just shut up and wait for line to dictate the offenses success. I know this makes no sense, but what does? What about the Ring of Honor ceremony? And all of the HOF talk? The Packers Hall of Fame induction?

This is so much of a mess. Bears and Vikings fans have gotta be lovin' it.

Rootin' for Gutey and the new CB from Georgia now. Let's see what happens next.

GO PACK GO !!