Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, January 9th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:09
I know Newman was in there. Looks like he got the bench with Myers coming back.
After failing to pick up the same stunt that he has missed picking up over and over and over again, he deserves a spot on the pine. Nijman put in his worst work of the year, too, so excellent time for this OL to get as healthy as it has been in a long time.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

They've got the visiting zoom room setup in a damn data closet!
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So much for the talking heads hand wringing over playing starters.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Also, I will not be making the GDT for the next 3 games. 2 loses is more than enough.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 09 Jan 2022 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
09 Jan 2022 14:58
williewasgreat wrote:
09 Jan 2022 14:57
I have seen very little from Amari this year to show me he is much of a player.
Very disappointing, everyone was so high on him when drafted. Training camp will be huge for him.
He looks like he plays slow, and seems like he lacks football smarts

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:08
BF004 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:04
Well OL did no favors last drive there.

Still feel like I have no gauge of Love.

Production isn’t where you want it in 6 quarters. But isn’t all his fault, but at some point the excuses add up.
How many OL starters were in at the end?
Also feels like Love didn't get much time with the starting WRs?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

British wrote:
09 Jan 2022 16:05
Pugger wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Production isn’t where you want it in 6 quarters. But isn’t all his fault, but at some point the excuses add up.
Nah he played most of the game with the 2s. Had dillon in there in the 3rd for a while.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

British wrote:
Pugger wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Rodgers has been barely practicing the past 1.5 months. If practice reps with the WRs is the problem, I’m not sure that problem is fixable.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

British wrote:
Pugger wrote:
BF004 wrote:

No, he did not. ESB was the only experienced WR.

Does anyone know if he was going against the starting Lions D?

Thank God Meyers is back and Patrick can take the starting RG spot in the playoffs.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:Still feel like I have no gauge of Love.

Pretty much where I’m at. I think it’s beginning to be telling that after every performance we’re citing excuses for Love.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:16
Everybody knows we win this if all of our starters stayed in.
Why? Because they won the first half?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

JKB wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:58
kampmanfan4life wrote:
09 Jan 2022 14:58
williewasgreat wrote:
09 Jan 2022 14:57
I have seen very little from Amari this year to show me he is much of a player.
Very disappointing, everyone was so high on him when drafted. Training camp will be huge for him.
He looks like he plays slow, and seems like he lacks football smarts
If you switch the name to Jordan Love it is the same.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:46
Also, I will not be making the GDT for the next 3 games. 2 loses us more than enough.
Thanks for the ones you did do. :clap:
GO PACK GO!!!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I thought we could have seen Love open up a bit more today - some medium/long balls. However MLF seemed to protect him with short ball play calls.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
09 Jan 2022 16:17
BF004 wrote:Still feel like I have no gauge of Love.

Pretty much where I’m at. I think it’s beginning to be telling that after every performance we’re citing excuses for Love.
Definitely on the side of Love being a bust after today.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Just watched the replay with every down of Love.

The pass dropped by Davis was a nice play by Love. Nice rollout, nice touch on the pass, little high, but should have been caught.
The pass that brought the first and goal to Taylor was nice touch with blitz in his face.

Love hit some other passes that were nice. Most of the time the guys were completely open and the passes were on schedule, but he hit them. The Deguara pass and the one before that to Amari would fall into this category...easy passes that a high schooler could complete...but he DID complete them. Props.

First INT was Loves fault I guess..due to allowing it to be tipped. Dont think that was originally even going to Rodgers. That said, Rodgers has to catch that. Amari is straight up Darius Shepherds clone. Sadly Darius was an UDFA, Rodgers was a day two draft pick.

Bad miss to St Brown on the deep ball while coming under pressure, but nice pass on the next play, on schedule, to St Brown.

Then the second pick was just bad. Pressure in his face sure, but never the right response to respond to pressure by being reckless. Big overthrow. Ball game.

Love was not AWFUL. Not really sure he was even "bad". It did end bad for him, but for much of the half he hit the on schedule plays. I felt like Lafleur was protecting him alot. Not alot down the field, ran the ball alot, lots of short passes. But he executed them fine until after 4 minutes in the 4th quarter. If asked to describe Loves performance in one word...I would use the word:

Uninspiring.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

APB wrote:
09 Jan 2022 16:15
British wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Rodgers has been barely practicing the past 1.5 months. If practice reps with the WRs is the problem, I’m not sure that problem is fixable.
It's not so much about practice time, it's more that the WRs he was playing with are pretty &%$@.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

British wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:07
APB wrote:
British wrote:

It's not so much about practice time, it's more that the WRs he was playing with are pretty &%$@.
Ah, ok. I read that as if you were referencing practice time.

Yeah, he didn’t have the starters but the Lions were also playing many young players. I’d have thought the talent would have equaled out.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

British wrote:
APB wrote:
British wrote:

You watch the game? He threw a pass a little high to Davis that would have been a TD, but Davis should have caught it. And i think everyone is giving Love credit for what should have been. Outside of that, the only WR to let him down would be Winfree who fumbled the ball on his first drive. Every other pass was caught if it was a good ball. Amari should have never allowed an INT off the first pick, but Love was the one who allowed the ball to get tipped. Love also had great run support the entire half. Started by Dillon, followed up by Taylor.

I dont think the WRs impacted his performance much at all.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:12
British wrote:
APB wrote:

You watch the game? He threw a pass a little high to Davis that would have been a TD, but Davis should have caught it. And i think everyone is giving Love credit for what should have been. Outside of that, the only WR to let him down would be Winfree who fumbled the ball on his first drive. Every other pass was caught if it was a good ball. Amari should have never allowed an INT off the first pick, but Love was the one who allowed the ball to get tipped. Love also had great run support the entire half. Started by Dillon, followed up by Taylor.

I dont think the WRs impacted his performance much at all.
Come on man. If he was playing with the starters don't you think they would have maybe got more open? Maybe more likely to get more YAC? Maybe break a long run?

Amari and Winfree did not help him much.

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit.