Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Well that's something.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Either way I am glad we have the QB whisperer back in town. Either for Rodgers or for developing Love.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 14:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 13:56
BF004 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 13:29
Bukowski just went through a bunch of trade scenarios, guys like Billy Turner and Za’Darius.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but we’d have to carry their cap hits to the new league year in order to trade them, right?

Essentially hurting ourselves having to cut other guys who maybe we could keep, and just making it infinitely harder to try to tag a guy like Davante. Whether to keep or trade him.
Correct. Trades do not go on the books until the New league year begins.
So we'd essentially have to, as an example, cut Adrian Amos in order to hold onto Billy Turner long enough just to trade him for like a 4th-5th round pick.

This cap sucks. I suppose if it wasn't this tight, we wouldn't be talking about cutting or trading good players.
100%.

It's why I laugh about statements that say the cap is imaginary or downplay the situation we are in. It's not good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
17 Feb 2022 14:13
Well that's something.
Holy cow! Rodgers will be happy about this.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 11:31
I will say as good as our OL appears to be, and as much as they were dinged up, and as good as our RB were. I thought they were quite awful run blocking last year.

I feel like our only big runs came squarely on the shoulders of Jones and Dillon.

Not having Bak, Jenkins, and Myers surely didn't help for a lot it, no so sure on Myers yet. JRJ and Newman never really looked ready for that load just yet. Patrick is fine, but he just was never meant to be the shining star of the interior OL.

However to the contrary, lol, I kind of want to make the OL worse and leaning towards getting rid of Turner. :lol: I think he is out playing his contract, at least earning it. But you got a competent 5 with Bak, JRJ, Myers, Newman, Jenkins, whether you try Jenkins or Newman at RT, doesn't matter a ton. We do got Nijman coming back (maybe try him at RT too), and a draft and few other young guys we have been developing. I guess I just feel more comfortable with that than I would getting rid of a Lowry or Amos where we really don't have other options right now.
Gee, for his second season I thought Runyon played pretty well at LG. We could do a whole lot worse...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pugger wrote:
17 Feb 2022 17:19
BF004 wrote:
I will say as good as our OL appears to be, and as much as they were dinged up, and as good as our RB were. I thought they were quite awful run blocking last year.

I feel like our only big runs came squarely on the shoulders of Jones and Dillon.

Not having Bak, Jenkins, and Myers surely didn't help for a lot it, no so sure on Myers yet. JRJ and Newman never really looked ready for that load just yet. Patrick is fine, but he just was never meant to be the shining star of the interior OL.

However to the contrary, lol, I kind of want to make the OL worse and leaning towards getting rid of Turner. :lol: I think he is out playing his contract, at least earning it. But you got a competent 5 with Bak, JRJ, Myers, Newman, Jenkins, whether you try Jenkins or Newman at RT, doesn't matter a ton. We do got Nijman coming back (maybe try him at RT too), and a draft and few other young guys we have been developing. I guess I just feel more comfortable with that than I would getting rid of a Lowry or Amos where we really don't have other options right now.
Gee, for his second season I thought Runyon played pretty well at LG. We could do a whole lot worse...
He wasn’t a liability but I certainly wouldn’t classify his play as ‘well’.

I mean expectations shouldn’t be high for a 2nd year 6th rounder, but he was okay. All the reason in the word to be excited, but he wasn’t even average this year, particularly in run blocking.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 17:47
Pugger wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I mean expectations shouldn’t be high for a 2nd year 6th rounder, but he was okay. All the reason in the word to be excited, but he wasn’t even average this year, particularly in run blocking.
I disagree. As the season went on, he was arguably our best OL. The future is extremely bright with him.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
17 Feb 2022 18:58
BF004 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I disagree. As the season went on, he was arguably our best OL. The future is extremely bright with him.
I was a huge Runyan skeptic at the start of the year, but as the year went on, I believe he played well, call it above average.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
Well that's something.
:dunno: how are people not talking about this more? I figured there would be lots of opinions on both sides.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
17 Feb 2022 18:58
BF004 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I didn't see any guy on the OL regularly win in the run game like we have the past two years.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
17 Feb 2022 19:27
paco wrote:
Well that's something.
:dunno: how are people not talking about this more? I figured there would be lots of opinions on both sides.
just seems like a move that points to the team seriously wanting Rodgers back. What other sides are there?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, not sure what to say about it that has not already been said: happy he's back -- I think he was a pretty good QBs coach --, and this seems like a move to coax Rodgers back... :idn:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

You people will debate anything. But Clements back and everyone is like, whatever. Just funny is all.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Probably the best QB Coach hire we could make at this point.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

A good hire for AR or Love or a 2023 pick.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
17 Feb 2022 20:18
A good hire for AR or Love or a 2023 pick.
I thought the same.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I was shocked to see Clements will be back in town. :shock:

1) It's a great hire. By all accounts, he's a heck of a QB whisperer.
2) In theory, this will help the Packers keep Rodgers if that's what they want to do.
3) This should be good for Love's (and Benkert's) development.

I still think Rodgers is gone though; I'm at about 20% stays vs. 80% gone.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
paco wrote:
Well that's something.
I think Clements was a major reason why Rodgers became the QB he is today.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
17 Feb 2022 22:00
paco wrote:
paco wrote:
Well that's something.
I think Clements was a major reason why Rodgers became the QB he is today.
No doubt.
RIP JustJeff