Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

AmishMafia wrote:
02 Dec 2022 21:29
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Dec 2022 18:59
AmishMafia wrote:
01 Dec 2022 16:25

Fire Gute! MLF, the OC and the receivers coach as well. Don't stop there, Murphy, and all board members on the executive committee gotta go as well. Oh and revoke the season tickets of anyone who cheered for him.
The irony is this is what should actually happen.
No. We just have to get rid of Aaron Rodgers. Not the worst QB in Packer history, but a definite hindrance to our success. Prior to Rodgers, in 85 years the Packers won 12 titles. One ever 7 years. Now with AR on the team, 17 years and only 1 title, he has obviously way underperformed to the Packer standard of excellence.
If you are using this criteria then Brett Favre was another one of our starting QBs who could only muster one title in 16 years.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
03 Dec 2022 09:02
AmishMafia wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

No. We just have to get rid of Aaron Rodgers. Not the worst QB in Packer history, but a definite hindrance to our success. Prior to Rodgers, in 85 years the Packers won 12 titles. One ever 7 years. Now with AR on the team, 17 years and only 1 title, he has obviously way underperformed to the Packer standard of excellence.
If you are using this criteria then Brett Favre was another one of our starting QBs who could only muster one title in 16 years.
He's not... I assure you.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
03 Dec 2022 07:28
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Dec 2022 01:14
AmishMafia wrote:

Not to be rude but just how stupid are you?
You started it. Thought the goal was to post something really stupid. Afterall, firing the HC who won the most games in his first 3 years in NFL history in year 4 doesn't exactly make you look like Einstein (not to mention taking season tickets away from fans who cheer for someone you don't like)
the beyond insane out right crazy remarks are a sign of the times unfortunately, and now they've become more common in the Huddle, for years and years I was that guy, now others are stealing my lime light :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Dec 2022 10:49
AmishMafia wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Dec 2022 01:14

Not to be rude but just how stupid are you?
You started it. Thought the goal was to post something really stupid. Afterall, firing the HC who won the most games in his first 3 years in NFL history in year 4 doesn't exactly make you look like Einstein (not to mention taking season tickets away from fans who cheer for someone you don't like)
the beyond insane out right crazy remarks are a sign of the times unfortunately, and now they've become more common in the Huddle, for years and years I was that guy, now others are stealing my lime light :rotf:
I love it. Amish is fighting fire with fire.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2022 10:50
Yoop wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:

yep, seriously who hasn't grown tired of Lupe wanting to fire someone in the FO, a GM, a coach or all of the above and claim to know more then all of them combined, Lupe is the poster boy for the armchair football enthusiast :rotf:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Yoop wrote:
03 Dec 2022 11:15
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

yep, seriously who hasn't grown tired of Lupe wanting to fire someone in the FO, a GM, a coach or all of the above and claim to know more then all of them combined, Lupe is the poster boy for the armchair football enthusiast :rotf:
Good point yoop. I cant think of anyone else here that thinks they know more than the coaches do.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:
01 Dec 2022 16:25
NCF wrote:
01 Dec 2022 10:35
Watson has been regressing. Bust in the making. Went from 3 TD, to 2 TD, to only 1 TD last game.
Fire Gute! MLF, the OC and the receivers coach as well. Don't stop there, Murphy, and all board members on the executive committee gotta go as well. Oh and revoke the season tickets of anyone who cheered for him.
Quit being so surgical ............ Throw in (I mean "out") the defensive coordinator as well.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

If they were competent I wouldn’t want them fired but we continuously do stupid &%$@ that makes no sense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Dec 2022 09:52
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

If they were competent I wouldn’t want them fired but we continuously do stupid &%$@ that makes no sense.
true, and no offense intended, I was mostly just joking around :lol: but you do go a bit over the top at times, Murph did finally do something about Ted, and Guty though for going getting receivers for Rodgers and missing on some draft picks has done well with others, and Lafluer has had to compromise with Rodgers and build a working relationship, and till this year did so, my point is we are not the only team you wouldn't be happy with, you hold a very high bar.

to many things went wrong this year, OL, WR's, OLB, lber, CB's, safety's, lots of missing starters, or starters in decline, I have to have some patience for specially Lafluer, even Barry, and it's hard to tag Guty or Murphy with these issues.

Sure we might be able to do better then any of these guys, but this boat has floated quite well till this season

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Whats weird is that people here call for the heads of coordinators and individual players ad nauseam year after year. It takes forever for them to realize that the gm is the one responsible for putting said scapegoats in place. You are banging ur head against the wall Lupe. Its a slow process of reality.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Realist wrote:
04 Dec 2022 11:56
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Whats weird is that people here call for the heads of coordinators and individual players ad nauseam year after year. It takes forever for them to realize that the gm is the one responsible for putting said scapegoats in place. You are banging ur head against the wall Lupe. Its a slow process of reality.
This team is too slow to react to problems under Murphy. No one is held accountable until it’s way too late.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Dec 2022 12:26
Realist wrote:
04 Dec 2022 11:56
lupedafiasco wrote:

This team is too slow to react to problems under Murphy. No one is held accountable until it’s way too late.
And nothing is going to change. I really hate Murphy. My guess is that he will pick his own replacement similar to keeping a Thompson guy in Gute.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:Watson is officially a bust

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah calling a guy a bust just a few weeks into his rookie season (one where he missed most of 'Camp due to injury) was just asking to be fed crow.

Unless the object of that take was to jinx yourself and in so doing, reverse the player's fortunes for the good of the team, in which case... thank you for your service. :mrgreen: :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
05 Dec 2022 06:58
wallyuwl wrote:Watson is officially a bust
It is not about how many of these you get wrong, it is about calling everything and everyone a bum so when one does come along....you can say, "I've been sayin this for years"

...this forum's most favorite punch line.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rookies with a 4+ game TD reception streak: https://stathead.com/tiny/aMf1W

8 TDs in 4 games as a rookie tied with Randy Moss and Bill Groman.\

https://stathead.com/tiny/lbOc3 - Rookies with 7+ TD receptions and 9+ total TDs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:12

https://stathead.com/tiny/lbOc3 - Rookies with 7+ TD receptions and 9+ total TDs.
It's crazy how similar Watson is from a production standpoint to Moss too. I remember a lot of Moss's games would be like only 3 or 4 receptions...but it was like 3 or 4 receptions for 125 yards and 3 TDs.

We have an absolute star on our hands in Watson.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:20
Pckfn23 wrote:

It's crazy how similar Watson is from a production standpoint to Moss too. I remember a lot of Moss's games would be like only 3 or 4 receptions...but it was like 3 or 4 receptions for 125 yards and 3 TDs.

I tend to be more reserved on these things. Just as it was ridiculous to call him a bust within the first month or 2 of the season, it is probably too early to call him a star in the the Randy Moss vein. However, it is legit to compare him to Moss as a rookie. When a player does something only 2 other players have ever done, that's pretty cool.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:23
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I tend to be more reserved on these things. Just as it was ridiculous to call him a bust within the first month or 2 of the season, it is probably too early to call him a star in the the Randy Moss vein. However, it is legit to compare him to Moss as a rookie. When a player does something only 2 other players have ever done, that's pretty cool.
Watson has a LOT to learn, and that he's producing like he is despite being so raw is even more exciting.The ceiling is HIGH.

A WR like Watson or young Moss are like the best strikers in soccer: Invisible most of game, touch the ball 3 times, score twice.

But Watson isn't just built for long speed, so he could become a true all-arounder.

Kudos to Watson for battling through the early struggles to move outta the doghouse for good.. I do wish 'Tae was here to teach him the nuances of route running and releases. Those two woulda been a sight to see...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:23
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

For sure. Injuries are likely going to be his largest nemesis. But yes we have absolutely seen rookies pop to only fall to earth after their rookie season.

I do wonder how well rounded of a receiver he will ever become. I also wonder how his game will age as he matures as a human being (this could be good or bad as clearly right now his speed is what separates him).
Yoop wrote: