Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:23
go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:20

It's crazy how similar Watson is from a production standpoint to Moss too. I remember a lot of Moss's games would be like only 3 or 4 receptions...but it was like 3 or 4 receptions for 125 yards and 3 TDs.

We have an absolute star on our hands in Watson.
I tend to be more reserved on these things. Just as it was ridiculous to call him a bust within the first month or 2 of the season, it is probably too early to call him a star in the the Randy Moss vein. However, it is legit to compare him to Moss as a rookie. When a player does something only 2 other players have ever done, that's pretty cool.
Watson has a LOT to learn, and that he's producing like he is despite being so raw is even more exciting.The ceiling is HIGH.

A WR like Watson or young Moss are like the best strikers in soccer: Invisible most of game, touch the ball 3 times, score twice.

But Watson isn't just built for long speed, so he could become a true all-arounder.

Kudos to Watson for battling through the early struggles to move outta the doghouse for good.. I do wish 'Tae was here to teach him the nuances of route running and releases. Those two woulda been a sight to see...
You lost me at "soccer."

:hide:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Anyone going to be at the Rams game? [mention]Bogey[/mention] are you accessible before the games?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:14
Anyone going to be at the Rams game? @Bogey are you accessible before the games?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
Anyone going to be at the Rams game? @Bogey are you accessible before the games?
Let me know what you plan is when you know, I'd like to stop by.

Wife and I will be rolling into town around 4. Checking in and then going to get lubed up for the game.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's awesome!

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
I'm usually at work at least 6-7 hours before kickoff, so probably not.

If anyone is in the neighborhood of Fan Assistance at Section 109, I'm often there around the time the gates open. After that I'm usually moving around the lower or upper concourse. If you do stop by FA 109 and I'm not there, you can always tell the folks there to tell "Rick" you stopped by. They don't know nothing 'bout no "Bogey." :lol:

[mention]jglovia[/mention] is usually there early also, but he's down in the bowels of the stadium on the field and locker room level, which is not open to the public.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
Hope to see you guys around the concourse.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Bogey wrote:
05 Dec 2022 15:03
Pckfn23 wrote:

If anyone is in the neighborhood of Fan Assistance at Section 109, I'm often there around the time the gates open. After that I'm usually moving around the lower or upper concourse. If you do stop by FA 109 and I'm not there, you can always tell the folks there to tell "Rick" you stopped by. They don't know nothing 'bout no "Bogey." :lol:

@jglovia is usually there early also, but he's down in the bowels of the stadium on the field and locker room level, which is not open to the public.
Sweet, I will be sure to stop by before the game!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bogey wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

@jglovia is usually there early also, but he's down in the bowels of the stadium on the field and locker room level, which is not open to the public.
Wait. Your real name isn't Bogey?

I thought we had to use our real names here. :oops:

I mean when people ask why I chose the Packers I simply said, "I heard a chant as a kid on a tv and it resembled my name...figured I may as well cheer that team"

Kinda weird that my name isn't capitalized now that I think about it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 15:08
Bogey wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Sweet, I will be sure to stop by before the game!
👍

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 15:21
Bogey wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Wait. Your real name isn't Bogey?

I thought we had to use our real names here. :oops:

I mean when people ask why I chose the Packers I simply said, "I heard a chant as a kid on a tv and it resembled my name...figured I may as well cheer that team"

Kinda weird that my name isn't capitalized now that I think about it.
:rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Sounds like David Bakhtiari might miss most of the rest of the season per MLF. (we won't see Bak for a while).
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2022 06:14
Sounds like David Bakhtiari might miss most of the rest of the season per MLF. (we won't see Bak for a while).
If anybody has ever had their appendix removed, you'd know it sucks. Surgery affects core muscles and getting past it takes some time. I had mine removed after it ruptured when I was 23 years old (some 30ish years ago and I'm sure the procedure has changed but...) and it took about a month to be "over" it.

If the Packers are officially eliminated from the playoffs prior to their next game, they might as well shut Bakh down and let his recovery from his knee and appendectomy surgeries continue unimpeded.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2022 06:40
go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2022 06:14
If anybody has ever had their appendix removed, you'd know it sucks. Surgery affects core muscles and getting past it takes some time. I had mine removed after it ruptured when I was 23 years old (some 30ish years ago and I'm sure the procedure has changed but...) and it took about a month to be "over" it.

If the Packers are officially eliminated from the playoffs prior to their next game, they might as well shut Bakh down and let his recovery from his knee and appendectomy surgeries continue unimpeded.
I was thinking the same thing.

Apparently another NFL player had an appendectemy and only missed 1 game...I thought that was absolutely crazy. I would very much be in favor of shutting him down as well.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bak is contractually locked into next year. He's been very very good still when actually on the field. Hopefully breaking the ice this year help returned some leg strength and confidence in it and he'll actually hit the ground running next year.

But I'd keep him locked into starting LT for 2023.

Jenkins needs to be resigned, then ya got Meyers and JRJ under contract. RT we got Tom and Newman and possible Rhyan or other young guys, potential for Nijman to be resigned. He's been pretty good at RT for us the past few weeks. But assuming Jenkins is lock to be resigned, even without Nijman, we got 5 guys under contract you should feel comfortable with starting.

Really like not 'needing' a starter on OL, yet total freedom to add some nice young cheap talent if the opportunity arises.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 08:24
Bak is contractually locked into next year. He's been very very good still when actually on the field. Hopefully breaking the ice this year help returned some leg strength and confidence in it and he'll actually hit the ground running next year.

But I'd keep him locked into starting LT for 2023.

Jenkins needs to be resigned, then ya got Meyers and JRJ under contract. RT we got Tom and Newman and possible Rhyan or other young guys, potential for Nijman to be resigned. He's been pretty good at RT for us the past few weeks. But assuming Jenkins is lock to be resigned, even without Nijman, we got 5 guys under contract you should feel comfortable with starting.

Really like not 'needing' a starter on OL, yet total freedom to add some nice young cheap talent if the opportunity arises.
Not sure I agree with any of this. I am starting to think Nijman was priority #1 and I am pretty 50-50 on Jenkins and Bak. I am not paying Jenkins OT money any more to play OG and I would have to feel much better about Bak than the week-to-week world we live in now not to just eat the cap and start over.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Maybe I missed it during the game, but never saw mentioned Aaron Jones joined the 5K club.

Shocked to see James Starks on that list.

Bat &%$@ crazy to think Aaron could pass Paul Hornung next year if he’s back. :shock:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 20:10
Bat &%$@ crazy to think Aaron could pass Paul Hornung next year if he’s back.
sorta puts holes in the argument that he's a pocket passer :rotf: He's run a lot in his career, but more so I think in the earlier years when he had a bunch of dangerous receivers, and younger legs, but that shocked me that he's piled up the yardage he has.

Jones should over take Brockington next Sunday for #3 all time Packer RB, hope we can keep him around next year

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »