Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 16:05
Packers have been amazing in ‘those’ rankings.

Super small sample size, but were awful last year against KC.

Kind of wonder how much is Aaron and everything he does. Given we just flat out don’t have that good of a line this year or last, starting to think more and more Aaron with his reads and checks and cadence play.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also, at some point can we stop doing this &%$@ where we plays guys like Jake Hansen and Royce Newman over guys like Tom for half a year.

Like when we tried to start Lane Taylor over Elgton.

Feel like I’m generally pretty humble with stuff like this, but a few of these calls have been so obvious over the years and FO just won’t make what seems to be the logical play.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 16:29

Super small sample size, but were awful last year against KC.

Kind of wonder how much is Aaron and everything he does. Given we just flat out don’t have that good of a line this year or last, starting to think more and more Aaron with his reads and checks and cadence play.
I think we have a pretty darn good line now since we gave old Royce the boot and moved Jenkins inside.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 16:30
Also, at some point can we stop doing this &%$@ where we plays guys like Jake Hansen and Royce Newman over guys like Tom for half a year.

Like when we tried to start Lane Taylor over Elgton.

Feel like I’m generally pretty humble with stuff like this, but a few of these calls have been so obvious over the years and FO just won’t make what seems to be the logical play.
The moving Turner to LT the last 2 years for the playoff games was not a good decision.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 16:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 16:05
Rodgers makes a massive difference with his pre-snap work- helps the OL tremendously. I also think its why GB prefers the uber-cerebral OC too. Neither Linsley nor Myers are road graders... but both are super smart and able to adjust while having a hand up their arse.
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Net rest from Sharp Football

Packers had the worst "net rest" in the league in 2022, including 2 games vs teams coming off a bye and another coming off a mini-bye
The middle of the Packers 2022 schedule was brutal on the rest side and MLF chose to have the bye week late instead of post-London

https://theleap.substack.com/p/packers- ... m-schedule
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, that was a bad choice by LaFleur.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 17:36
Ya, that was a bad choice by LaFleur.
from a Wilde article below:

Rodgers: My body's feeling a lot better. Look, nobody wants a Week 14 bye. Nobody does. But, it always feels good coming back after the bye, whether you're 21 or whatever the hell old I am right now. It's nice to get that week off."

Shots fired, haha :lol:

https://madison.com/sports/football/pro ... disonSport
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Doubs is expected to go.

I do like the group of Doubs, Watson, Lazard and Cobb. None of them will beat your #1 guy one on one consistently, but all of them can beat your #3 or #4 guy consistently.

Should be about the healthiest our offense has been all year.l now.

Wish we were closer to like 7-6 right now. I’d have more hope. But thought it might take most of the year to see the OL get healthy and gel and find their 5, the rookie WR’s to learn to play ball, Aaron learn how to win with this offense.

Sadly most likely too late on their end.

No words for the D and their recent struggles, that is the disappointing group. They got all the offseason money and all the draft picks and they are not returning that investment. They needed to be much better.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

when it comes to OL grades, PFF is the last source I'd use, I see rush pressures they don't even report, and the run blocking hasn't been near as good as they claim, heck is there even a G logo in that run blocking graph, can't seem to find it.

I'd imagine if MLF had a say he'd have 2 bye weeks, to me that would seem to go a long way to more competitive football games and help the players be more safe, ( tired players get hurt more easily)

If I had my way there would be no off season, just 2 weeks off for the league to make up a yearly schedule and hold the yearly draft, and every 8 weeks would be a bye week for rest, recuperation and sex :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sigh... See the Y axis.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2022 08:10
Doubs is expected to go.

I do like the group of Doubs, Watson, Lazard and Cobb. None of them will beat your #1 guy one on one consistently, but all of them can beat your #3 or #4 guy consistently.

Should be about the healthiest our offense has been all year.l now.

Wish we were closer to like 7-6 right now. I’d have more hope. But thought it might take most of the year to see the OL get healthy and gel and find their 5, the rookie WR’s to learn to play ball, Aaron learn how to win with this offense.

Sadly most likely too late on their end.

No words for the D and their recent struggles, that is the disappointing group. They got all the offseason money and all the draft picks and they are not returning that investment. They needed to be much better.
It is frustrating because the supporting cast around our QB is progressing exactly like we hoped it would on offense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I didn't even know he was on the team... :dunno:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:11

Practice Squad.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:13
APB wrote:

Practice Squad.
I didn't even know he was on the Practice Squad.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:14
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:13
APB wrote:

Practice Squad.
I didn't even know he was on the Practice Squad.
I want to say we added him around the time Amari Rodgers was $%@# up hard enough to get cut. I assumed to return punts, but that didn't pan out...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not wrong...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The biggest knock I think the MLF coaching staff deserves IMO is their lack of knowledge of their own players and fear of going with the less experienced guy when it is clear that person is the better player for the job.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:18

Not wrong...
I just said this same thing like a day ago.