Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
21 Nov 2023 16:08
Acrobat wrote:
21 Nov 2023 15:58
So Musgrave is in the hospital with a serious injury. No other details yet.
*was

He *was in the hospital but he's home now. Not looking likely he'll be available for Thanksgiving Day game.

This is Kraft's big chance. He could become the guy. Either that or have Quay Walker play ironman football and lineup at TE and LB. :beer2:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
*was

He *was in the hospital but he's home now. Not looking likely he'll be available for Thanksgiving Day game.

Oh good. One tweet I read made it sound like he was still in the hospital.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Acrobat wrote:
21 Nov 2023 16:43
APB wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
*was

R

That reminds me. With Musgrave out, Kraft is probably a good pick in " Here's Johnny"

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
21 Nov 2023 17:54
Acrobat wrote:
21 Nov 2023 16:43
APB wrote:

*was

R

That reminds me. With Musgrave out, Kraft is probably a good pick in " Here's Johnny"
Screw you, I get him ! ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Bill Huber is reporting that it is a lacerated kidney for Musgrave. Probably ends his season. Sucks for this kid. He was improving every week.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bad news if it's a lacerated kidney, We finally get a decent TE and it looks like his rookie season comes to a halt. :cry:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

been seeing some Rudy Ford stats today. He's kind of come out of nowhere to have a pretty good year, hasn't he? Not sure anyone expected this. Might have built himself up a little market this offseason.

RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
22 Nov 2023 12:48
been seeing some Rudy Ford stats today. He's kind of come out of nowhere to have a pretty good year, hasn't he? Not sure anyone expected this. Might have built himself up a little market this offseason.
Shoot, I thought he did a nice job last year. I think he's worth keeping around if the price isn't too crazy. His arrow has been pointing up, and he's a willing hitter.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Not sure I saw this anyplace, but we did sign James Robinson and Bo Melton from the PS. Would love to see Reed and Melton on the field at the same time!
RIP JustJeff

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Use Melton and Watson to take the top off the defense and then have Doubs and Reed running crossers underneath. Pick your poison!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Kenny Clark is top-25 overall in pressures over the past three seasons?? That's amazeballs. I never would have guessed.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow

Chiefs and Vikings make up the other two games.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is going to be a take that isn't particularly popular, but one I want to get out there. This team is definitely improving and moving in the right direction, but they are still young and still learning how to win together. There will still be bumps along the road, so when that happens I hope we can understand that and not look to throw the baby out with the bath water. Could they win 5 of the next 6 and end the season with 10 wins? Absolutely, but I could see 2 or even 3 losses. I would be surprised if we don't finish the year with the same record as last season or better. Some great pieces coming together right now and I hope they can "stack success," but I also acknowledge they are still young... and injured.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 08:37
This is going to be a take that isn't particularly popular, but one I want to get out there. This team is definitely improving and moving in the right direction, but they are still young and still learning how to win together. There will still be bumps along the road, so when that happens I hope we can understand that and not look to throw the baby out with the bath water. Could they win 5 of the next 6 and end the season with 10 wins? Absolutely, but I could see 2 or even 3 losses. I would be surprised if we don't finish the year with the same record as last season or better. Some great pieces coming together right now and I hope they can "stack success," but I also acknowledge they are still young... and injured.
Well two more losses would actually be very impressive. We finish 4-2 and get to 9-8 on the season. I think what you meant to say is you could envision 3 or 4, maybe even 5 more losses.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

your right, it's not a popular point of view, and it requires that our players decline from the better play we've seen lately, sure lack of experience probably will led to mistakes, but at this stage of the season and for the last few games we've seen less of that.

what we have seen is better designs to over comes these short comings, better blocking designs to pick up free rusher, better chemistry between Love and his receivers, more intensity, initiative between coaches and players, and Barry scheming and adjusting to the skills of his players.

bad stuff happens (injury), thats a given, however minus the unforeseen I see no reason for this bunch to take a step back, I think we are getting to the point where this team can over come a mistake or two, other then a tough game with KC, the other games including that one are winnable.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 08:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 08:37
Well two more losses would actually be very impressive. We finish 4-2 and get to 9-8 on the season. I think what you meant to say is you could envision 3 or 4, maybe even 5 more losses.
I think I see at most 3 more losses. Maybe we lose 4 or even 5, but I don't think so. 5 would be supremely disappointing. We are riding high on 2 wins in a row where most thought we would lose both. When we lose again, which very well could be Sunday, I don't see that as a setback or something that tanks our expectations. I see that as a young team still learning to win on a week to week basis.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Nov 2023 08:52
your right, it's not a popular point of view, and it requires that our players decline from the better play we've seen lately, sure lack of experience probably will led to mistakes, but at this stage of the season and for the last few games we've seen less of that.

what we have seen is better designs to over comes these short comings, better blocking designs to pick up free rusher, better chemistry between Love and his receivers, more intensity, initiative between coaches and players, and Barry scheming and adjusting to the skills of his players.

bad stuff happens (injury), thats a given, however minus the unforeseen I see no reason for this bunch to take a step back, I think we are getting to the point where this team can over come a mistake or two, other then a tough game with KC, the other games including that one are winnable.
It's not a step back from my point of view, it's simply the bumps in road and lack of consistency from a young team. That's my entire point. Losing 2-3 more games isn't a step back, but something I can expect with this team.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I would actually expect another dog crap performance before the year is over. Finishing 3-3 wouldn't surprised me at all, neither would 2-4.

Such a young inexperienced team, thinking they got it figured it out now, momentum going, future looking bright. Gunna be hard to get down to the dirty details on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning to make sure they are all fully prepared. Something I'm sure a guy like Aaron certainly brought, that day in and day out expectation of how to prepare and come to work every day.

6 games is just a lot to expect them to bring their A, or even their B game, each week from here on out.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
27 Nov 2023 09:19
I would actually expect another dog crap performance before the year is over. Finishing 3-3 wouldn't surprised me at all, neither would 2-4.

Such a young inexperienced team, thinking they got it figured it out now, momentum going, future looking bright. Gunna be hard to get down to the dirty details on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning to make sure they are all fully prepared. Something I'm sure a guy like Aaron certainly brought, that day in and day out expectation of how to prepare and come to work every day.

6 games is just a lot to expect them to bring their A, or even their B game, each week from here on out.
:clap: