Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:18

Not wrong...
I just said this same thing like a day ago.
I think they lurk our forum!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Aaron Rodgers did not wear any tape or protection on his thumb in yesterday's practice.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2022 11:23
Aaron Rodgers did not wear any tape or protection on his thumb in yesterday's practice.
He should know to wear protection.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2022 10:32
The biggest knock I think the MLF coaching staff deserves IMO is their lack of knowledge of their own players and fear of going with the less experienced guy when it is clear that person is the better player for the job.
for me it's coaching hires and in house promotions, Barry has taken this defense in reverse, and Stenavich is not ready to be a OC, imo Lafluer is on his own with running to much of the offense.

We've played a lot of rookies, we've had to, but agree yanking Nijman for Turner was a disaster, but inserting a rookie like Toms could have ended up that way to, the worst thing ya can do to a young player is put them in when there not ready because failure destroys confidence, and rookies usually don't have a lot of that to start with.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
14 Dec 2022 11:37
go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2022 11:23
He should know to wear protection.
right, he thinks he knows everything else :lol: the Thumb now is miraculously healed, it was a Reggie White intervention :rotf:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Read caption...
20221214_121703.jpg
20221214_121703.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 438 times

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

wallyuwl wrote:
14 Dec 2022 12:17
Read caption...

*Image*
Love has almost zero leverage.

From his interview with Wilde:
So, where does that leave Love? Asked if Rodgers comes back for the 2023 season if he really is willing to sit for yet another year, Love replied, “That’s something me and my agent will talk about. We’ll figure that out.”
“If they say, ‘Hey, Aaron’s done for the season. You’re starting.’ Then, OK. Control what I can control. I’m not in control of that situation. I don’t know what’s going to happen. I don’t know what’s going to happen this offseason, I don’t know what’s going to happen next year. Obviously my contract, things like that — I don’t know. So I try not to put too much thought into it.

“Yeah, I think about it, but why waste time or have anxiety over a situation that who knows what’s going to happen?”
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just the messenger

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Modest deal is just fine. Always need role players.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Lowry getting an extension would rock lol, so many people will hate it.

If he's getting around the vet-min and is demoted from starting, I'd be okay with it, neither jazzed or opposed.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2022 14:22
Modest deal is just fine. Always need role players.
He was decent last year. He hasn't been this year. I would assume move on.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
14 Dec 2022 12:38
wallyuwl wrote:
14 Dec 2022 12:17
Read caption...

*Image*
Love has almost zero leverage.

From his interview with Wilde:
So, where does that leave Love? Asked if Rodgers comes back for the 2023 season if he really is willing to sit for yet another year, Love replied, “That’s something me and my agent will talk about. We’ll figure that out.”
“If they say, ‘Hey, Aaron’s done for the season. You’re starting.’ Then, OK. Control what I can control. I’m not in control of that situation. I don’t know what’s going to happen. I don’t know what’s going to happen this offseason, I don’t know what’s going to happen next year. Obviously my contract, things like that — I don’t know. So I try not to put too much thought into it.

“Yeah, I think about it, but why waste time or have anxiety over a situation that who knows what’s going to happen?”
right.
Love is talking out of his lower unit, he has zero leverage, Guty covered his bases with the 5th year option.

more and more I think Rodgers will be here at least next season, so depending on if Love plays and does well and if Rodgers does want to play and retire a Packer, Love could provide us with possibly more then just a first round draft pick in a trade, Wolf was really good at drafting and trading young QB's during the Favre era, we'll see, cause Rodgers seems excited to finally have a couple young receivers to play with again.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Massive OT Caleb Jones is back on the roster after missing several weeks to a bout with mono.
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Zero leverage for Love? Everybody knows only Rodgers is allowed to act like a turd in Green Bay. Love just needs to send some foul tweets, slant his eyes in a presser, or tell the truth about any number of things going on with the org and hel be out of Green Bay in no time.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Resigning Lowry is the most Gutenbumst move I could ever imagine.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It was nice while it lasted.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Dec 2022 20:35
:aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Dec 2022 20:35
I was ready to move on from Lowry this pre-season but, like everything, it's conditional. If it's a vet min rotational type player deal, I'm ok with that. If they give him a contract that dictates starter-level playing time, then yeah...dumb. They drafted Wyatt for that.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
14 Dec 2022 14:39
Love is talking out of his lower unit
Love isn't talking at all. This is media speculation. There is no direct quote of Love saying anything. This story came out of one guys "feeling about the situation".

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
15 Dec 2022 07:27
Yoop wrote:
14 Dec 2022 14:39
Love is talking out of his lower unit
Love isn't talking at all. This is media speculation. There is no direct quote of Love saying anything. This story came out of one guys "feeling about the situation".
Good, Love shouldn't say to much, it's not as though he's actually proven himself yet, and we'll do right by Love, either here or with a trade, imho the best thing that has happened for him is to sit for these 3 seasons behind Rodgers, to me he's vastly improved over last year, I expect we'll play Rodgers till we are eliminated from the PO's then we'll see more of Love.