Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If Aaron Rodgers was the starting QB in 2006 with Mike Sherman as head coach...I'm not saying I'm overly confident he is the Rodgers we know today.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:44
If Aaron Rodgers was the starting QB in 2006 with Mike Sherman as head coach...I'm not saying I'm overly confident he is the Rodgers we know today.
I am saying he definitely isn't the Aaron Rodgers we have today.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:33
Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:30
go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:12
If you compare Rodgers rookie preseason to Brett Hundley's rookie season tape....tell me which one you believe will end up the HOFer.

Let's just say one looked more "pro ready" than the other.
not even close, and I didn't even bother to look it up
Yup. That makes sense.
go look Hundley up, he was zippo as a rookie and never much better then that, your comparing a slow processor with Hundly against a person that could quickly read a defense, and almost instantly know his route progressions withRodgers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
WTF, I'am done.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:46
go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:33
Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:30

not even close, and I didn't even bother to look it up
Yup. That makes sense.
go look Hundley up, he was zippo as a rookie and never much better then that, your comparing a slow processor with Hundly against a person that could quickly read a defense, and almost instantly know his route progressions withRodgers.
Oh I looked him up.

First google hit.
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- A week into training camp, Brett Hundley looked lost. A month later, the Green Bay Packers rookie quarterback finished the preseason as the NFL's highest-rated passer.
https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pac ... ing-leader
The fifth-round pick from UCLA put together one of the most impressive summer performances by a Packers' rookie quarterback in years. He capped it with a four-touchdown performance in Thursday's preseason finale against the New Orleans Saints.

Hundley's passer rating of 129.7 led all quarterbacks who had at least 14 passing attempts per game in the preseason.

"I think just seeing from where I was in OTAs, I mean everybody, I can attest to it, I was swimming out there; I was swimming," Hundley said after he completed 16-of-23 passes for 236 yards and four touchdowns (for a 142.4 rating) against the Saints. "But now, I feel a lot more comfortable with the offense. I'm able to make more reads, make my checks. The coaching staff has helped a lot with the play calls. It's just an awesome experience to be able to see the growth and have it come to fruition."

Hundley played the final three quarters in Thursday's game in relief of Scott Tolzien, who started in place of Aaron Rodgers. That came after he started last Saturday's game against the Eagles and threw for 315 yards.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:49
go pak go wrote:
WTF, I'am done.
It's not even close to a bold statement. More of a knock on Sherman than anything.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
WTF, I'am done.
This is the funniest thing I have seen on this forum. Ever.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:07
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
WTF, I'am done.
I think the Hundley thing might be one of my favorite strings of communications in a while.

"I'm not even gonna look it up but my guess is Hundley's rookie season is nowhere close to as good as Rodgers"

Unbeknowesnt to yoop:
Brett Hundley leads the league in pass rating and has a game over 230 yards and another game over 300 yards in preseason football

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

sometimes it pays to vet your thoughts before documenting them for all to see
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:40
bud fox wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:20
Because I am sure if he knew that during those extension years packers would use there top personnel assets to get a third string qb, rb, fb/te - that he would have thought differently about signing it. New years are always good to use especially when comparing contracts.

The way you put it makes is sound even more respectful. A guy who is not caring about money but standing up for the right thing - not many people at all would ever do that. Commendable.
Years? You mean 1 year? You mean the 2020 draft only is the reason that he feels so disrespected? He feels so disrespected because we drafted a RB in round 2 as our top 2 runningbacks were going to be free agents? He feels so disrespected because we drafted an H-back because we didn't have a dynamic TE yet, or have a fullback? So basically he just feels disrespected because we drafted a QB after 2 years of average play from our current aging and expensive QB and Rodgers didn't want a competition that he could easily beat out.

Standing up for the right thing? What is the right thing that he is standing up for? The team can only acquire players or let go of players he approves of? The team can't have competition to improve?

New years means nothing in the situation and we aren't comparing contracts, so even more useless. It is trying to be said that there was some mythical plan to resign Rodgers and then draft a replacement within a years time. This is patently ridiculous.
You asked for a reason he has felt disrespected.
One argument has been the packers are drafting for the future and now it is to create competition? Does a HOF QB need competition? What about a high performing RB entering his contract year? Love and Dillon were never competition for Rodgers or Jones.

He is standing up for himself. Broken promises. He may not sign the extension if packers tell him as soon as your extension years start we will be rebuilding.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:15

You asked for a reason he has felt disrespected.
I did and as I expected the reason is ludicrous. I was hoping that a better explanation would be given. If our starting QB is so thin skinned and insecure, it very well may be high time we get rid of him.
One argument has been the packers are drafting for the future and now it is to create competition?
Drafting is ALWAYS for the future, near or far, it is always future. Some are too near sighted to see that good players sometimes take more than a year to develop. These people would make AWFUL personnel men.
Does a HOF QB need competition?
Apparently yes, as it broke him out of a 2 year slump. If it keeps him going for 3 more years at this level, it was well worth the competition.
What about a high performing RB entering his contract year?
Absolutely, as the position was uncertain after 2020. Again, how can one be so near sighted.
Love and Dillon were never competition for Rodgers or Jones.
You may not understand the definition of near sighted so I will give you a pass.
He is standing up for himself. Broken promises.
What broken promises?
He may not sign the extension if packers tell him as soon as your extension years start we will be rebuilding.
This alternate reality is just asinine. This 100% a made up. The literal definition of making things up to fit a narrative.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 22 Jul 2021 18:42, edited 2 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
WTF, I'am done.
:rotf: Might be the biggest whopper you have said in 11 years and THAT is saying something. :rotf:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

You think it was competition for Rodgers, you think it was competition for Jones - I will give you a pass because you are an idiot but Rodgers does not compete with some bum rookie that had 17 ints in his final year in college Mountain West. Any stud NFL player's greatest motivator is the money in there second contract, so to think Jones needed Dillion is dumb as the second contract is the biggest motivation for all NFL athletes.

Every draft is for the future is such a stupid wish washy comment. Obviously draft picks are expected to develop over years but there are picks that can help immediately. Love does nothing to help the team win until Rodgers is not on the field.

You hate Rodgers we know we have all witnessed it for a long time - its borderline psychotic. Sorry but stats don't lie and he is probably the best QB of all time at playing the position. I guess we all may soon see how big Rodgers influence is on the play of the packers.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:13
NCF wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:07
Yoop wrote:

WTF, I'am done.
I think the Hundley thing might be one of my favorite strings of communications in a while.

"I'm not even gonna look it up but my guess is Hundley's rookie season is nowhere close to as good as Rodgers"

Unbeknowesnt to yoop:
Brett Hundley leads the league in pass rating and has a game over 230 yards and another game over 300 yards in preseason footbal
l

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

sometimes it pays to vet your thoughts before documenting them for all to see
yeah, that doesn't count for much. 31 out of 43, 413 yards 3 TD's, and 0 Int's 125.4 rating. Do you know what that gets you? A reserve contract with the Raiders in your 4th year only to be released 4 months later.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
22 Jul 2021 19:16
You think it was competition for Rodgers, you think it was competition for Jones - I will give you a pass because you are an idiot but Rodgers does not compete with some bum rookie that had 17 ints in his final year in college Mountain West. Any stud NFL player's greatest motivator is the money in there second contract, so to think Jones needed Dillion is dumb as the second contract is the biggest motivation for all NFL athletes.
Hehe, you completely missed the point. It wasn't all about 2020. Drafting Dillon was about 2021 and beyond. Not even remotely a bad strategy. Drafting Love was about 2023 and beyond. Not even remotely a bad strategy. It just so happens that Rodgers played the best he has played in 9 years. Could that be attributed to drafting Love, to some extent, maybe. However, you are attributing things to me that I never said. I guess that is the only way your argument holds water. Strawman after strawman.

Rodgers is getting all pissy right now from competition you claim doesn't even exist. Interesting.
Every draft is for the future is such a stupid wish washy comment.
It's a comment based in reality.
Obviously draft picks are expected to develop over years but there are picks that can help immediately.
And it doesn't mean that picks who do not help that year are worthless to the team then or in the future. Almost ALL rookies are not their best their first year either.
Love does nothing to help the team win until Rodgers is not on the field.
And that is not a bad thing if he helps the team win when Rodgers is not on the field.
You hate Rodgers we know we have all witnessed it for a long time - its borderline psychotic.
Not even a little bit, even now. Your hero worship has blinded you.
Sorry but stats don't lie and he is probably the best QB of all time at playing the position.
Then if stats do not lie he was an average NFL QB in 2018 and 2019 and the drafting of Love was a prudent move. The sword cuts both ways.
I guess we all may soon see how big Rodgers influence is on the play of the packers.
It takes more than 1 player to build a Championship team.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:38
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
WTF, I'am done.
:rotf: Might be the biggest whopper you have said in 11 years and THAT is saying something. :rotf:
Sherman wasn't the coach in 06,

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:38
Yoop wrote:

WTF, I'am done.
Sherman wasn't the coach in 06,
It's a typo, 2005... And as we all knew, you aren't done.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 22 Jul 2021 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

You're missing the point - Rodgers is not upset about competition he is upset by the fact that he signed an extension with a team to win a championship over that period - a team that will do everything to win with Rodgers in that period. The packers signaled that they will not do everything to win in that period. If Rodgers knows that maybe he doesn't sign the extension.

Packers should have worked with Rodgers if there plan was changing given his significance to the team. This is not a punter.

Alex Smith was interviewed and he was astounded packers never spoke to Rodgers about the potential to take a QB. He mentioned Chiefs were constantly in discussion with him that it is a possibility. That is Alex Smith.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drafting Love is not not doing all the Packers can to win a Championship from 2020 and beyond. That's the point you can't get through your head.

Should they maybe have said to him we will be looking for your replacement for after you retire? Sure, but that is no reason to be throwing this tantrum.

No one gives a &%$@ about Alex Smith. The Chiefs were in discussions with him because the team was trying to actively replace him every year. The Packers were not trying to actively replace Rodgers in 2020 and they are not actively trying to replace Rodgers in 2021. Rodgers is actively trying to replace himself on the Packers roster.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:18
Drafting Love is not not doing all the Packers can to win a Championship from 2020 and beyond. That's the point you can't get through your head.

Should they maybe have said to him we will be looking for your replacement for after you retire? Sure, but that is no reason to be throwing this tantrum.

No one gives a &%$@ about Alex Smith. The Chiefs were in discussions with him because the team was trying to actively replace him every year. The Packers were not trying to actively replace Rodgers in 2020 and they are not actively trying to replace Rodgers in 2021. Rodgers is actively trying to replace himself on the Packers roster.
They were very high on Love and it should have been mentioned to Rodgers - he looked like an idiot on media that day.

Drafting Love is Packers not doing all they can to win a Championship in Rodgers window. Love does not help the packers at all whilst Rodgers is on the team. A WR, LB, CB, DL, OL definitely could help.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

bud fox wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:24
They were very high on Love and it should have been mentioned to Rodgers - he looked like an idiot on media that day.
He has done an amazing job parlaying that into looking like an idiot the last 3 months.