Bears @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 18th , 7:20 PM CT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 22:06
Fields is a decent runner, but man is he not a good QB.

Lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Good win.

Still need to work on some things but the offense went a long way in establishing a new identity. That’s the type of offensive football they need to play.

The defense had a good night but they, too, have some things to shore up. They seem to have drives where they just play soft or with poor technique. Grabbing instead of tackling. Getting shoved around. They can dominate but they also need to be more consistent.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Thanks for stopping by Ringo.
F304DC87-C601-426F-81DF-7B974A198718.jpeg
F304DC87-C601-426F-81DF-7B974A198718.jpeg (3.55 MiB) Viewed 561 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Well that was just what the doctor ordered. Playing the Bears cures all our woes.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

About that late deep ball to Sammy:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Just an awesome play by Jaire:

Same play only with commentary by Jaire: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2/3 of the Earth is covered by water

The other 1/3 is covered by Jaire Alexander

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

texas wrote:
19 Sep 2022 02:25
Well that was just what the doctor ordered. Playing the Bears cures all our woes.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Good overall game. Glad the defense stepped it up after the first drive. They played nasty for the rest of the game minus some big runs they gave up. I would think they'll fix that. Montgomery is heavily underrated.

I was pleased with the offense. Dillon and Jones should be the centerpiece. Watkins looks like our best overall WR followed by Doubs. Time to get him even more involved. Rodgers still looks a tad shaky, still getting to trust his guys. Hopefully that develops throughout the year. After the TB game, the schedule looks pretty friendly for the next month, so that should help. Beat TB and we could be looking at a 6-1 start easily.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Acrobat wrote:
19 Sep 2022 08:12
Good overall game. Glad the defense stepped it up after the first drive. They played nasty for the rest of the game minus some big runs they gave up. I would think they'll fix that. Montgomery is heavily underrated.

I was pleased with the offense. Dillon and Jones should be the centerpiece. Watkins looks like our best overall WR followed by Doubs. Time to get him even more involved. Rodgers still looks a tad shaky, still getting to trust his guys. Hopefully that develops throughout the year. After the TB game, the schedule looks pretty friendly for the next month, so that should help. Beat TB and we could be looking at a 6-1 start easily.
But even if we lose in Tampa next week a 5-2 start is nothing to sneeze at.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pugger wrote:
19 Sep 2022 08:18
Acrobat wrote:

We'll take that. Looks like Mike Evans could possibly be suspended for next game. Godwin has a bad hammy, and Julio isn't completely healthy, so the opportunity is there to really give Brady some grief. Their defense looks really good too though.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Acrobat wrote:
19 Sep 2022 08:20
Pugger wrote:
19 Sep 2022 08:18
Acrobat wrote:

We'll take that. Looks like Mike Evans could possibly be suspended for next game. Godwin has a bad hammy, and Julio isn't completely healthy, so the opportunity is there to really give Brady some grief. Their defense looks really good too though.
Our run D has to be better next week for sure.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Nice win. There were glimpses of awesome followed by some sloppyness that can be fixed imo. I thought Walker really struggled at times getting washed out. It will happen as long as he plays fast he will be ok. Preston and Gary dominated. The BUCS tackles are better but Brady can't move they need to eat next week. Secondary was lock down for the most part. Fields is not good. I would say Love is better at this point ha

O had some ups and downs but great gameplay by ML. Run the football and be a bully. Build off the ground game. AR with 250 and a few tds each week is cool with me. Jenkins was a little rusty but great to see him back. For the life of me why is Tom not out there.

Get better each week and we are going to be ok

GPG

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bogey wrote:
19 Sep 2022 00:31
Thanks for stopping by Ringo. F304DC87-C601-426F-81DF-7B974A198718.jpeg
Awesome photo. 2 great Packer fans!!!!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
I agree with this! Any QB who is two yards past the line of scrimmage and still throws the ball really needs to work on his awareness of necessary details.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Using Quay Walker as a QB-spy actually worked pretty well. He was the one who saved a TD by stopping Fields short of the pylon.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 22:12
Pckfn23 wrote:

Lol
In light of what you and Wally said this past week, I made a point to watch Fields last night. While I didn't see anything that made me think he's good, I will say that that offensive line did not do him any favors. He was under pressure for what seemed like the whole game. So the jury is still out, in my mind, about Fields.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I notice Barry didn't do his usual thing at EDGE where he plays the scrubs on early downs and then rolls out Smith/Gary to keep them fresh for run downs; those two seemed to play early and often.

Although I think Enagbare has looked fine and should rotate in a bit, I think it's better this way.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto