Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
16 Jul 2024 11:06
Yoop wrote:
16 Jul 2024 10:57
NCF wrote:
16 Jul 2024 08:28

Get your facts straight. The $17M offer was an extension offer BEFORE his final season in Green Bay. All reports said Green Bay offered MORE than Las Vegas during the offseason he was traded but his mind was already made up that Green Bay could not do anything to keep him. He was butt hurt about being low-balled the offseason before.
my facts are facts, GB offered him, a measly 17 mil the year prior which Adams considered insulting, these are undisputable facts, and Gute didn't up the offer till well after Tae had bought a house in Vegas, and committed to Carr and the Raiders, this stuff has been reported by many different sources, I mean if you guys want to diss the dude, I just don't get it, best damn thing to happen to this team the last 10 years
Wrong again. He didn't buy the house until 14 days before the trade. The Packers negotiated with him all offseason.

I don't know why you feel the need to lump me in with "everyone else". I am not dissing Davante Adams. I love Davante. I just choose to discuss him using, you know, things that ACTUALLY happened in the timeline that they ACTUALLY happened. You be you, though.
don't give me this &%$@ about me being me, :thwap: I've read that he purchased the house months prior, maybe he had just put down some holding money, who cares, he was not going to play because we actually did insult him with that low offer, we had to we where broke, heck I wanted to completely rebuild the WR position and would have traded Adams after 2019

heres adams 2017to 2021 contract.

BSA I don't know where you got your figures, these are from sport trac which shows a 18 m signing bonus, the 30mil. guarantee is spread over the 5 years, correct? in that sense 17 mil annual is a low ball figure.

Team signed with
2017-2021
EXTENSION
Davante Adams signed a 4 year , $58,000,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including $18,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,500,000.
CONTRACT TERMS:
4 yr(s) / $58,000,000
AVERAGE SALARY:
$14,500,000
SIGNING BONUS:
$18,000,000
GTD AT SIGN:
$24,000,000
TOTAL GTD:
$30,000,000
FREE AGENT:
2022 / UFA

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id ... ante-adams

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop just do some basic math.

Tae was traded on March 18, 2022. "Months" prior would mean Tae bought the house while still playing the 2021 season. We both know that is likely not true.

As for dissing...I'm not dissing Tae. But you do reap what you sow so I certainly don't feel bad for him. Tae looked at the $17 million as an insult. I can't argue that as it is true that his value was higher. But in the end GB was better off financially and cumulative talent with their current group and Tae was better off financially but worse off with surrounding talent in his situation.

It's just the reality. Tae couldn't have his cake and eat it too. He had to scacrifice one thing for the other and I don't feel bad his football isn't fun because he chose the money instead.

Fortunately GB had their cake and could eat it too. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
I mean if you guys want to diss the dude,
I don't want to diss Tae, I love that dude. I just want him to be honest when he's painting the picture of being poorly treated by GB.
He wasn't. He was very well-compensated, commensurate with his ascending production.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... 991218001/

The two sides agreed to a four-year extension worth $58 million that places Adams among the highest-paid receivers in the league, according to a report from NFL Network. Adams received an $18 million signing bonus the moment he put pen to paper, and the deal includes $32 million over the first two years.

The Packers announced the extension in a news release Friday afternoon, but Adams was prohibited from speaking with reporters because he remains in the concussion protocol. He did, however, discuss the deal in a live stream on his mobile app.

“Stressful, stressful time but I’m glad we were able to get it done,” Adams said in the video. “Lot of work, lot of time put into this thing, man. Lot of back and forth, but we got it done and couldn’t be more excited to be in a better place, man. So shout out all the Packers fans out there, #PackNation, all my supporters

The end result was an extension that places Adams among the position’s elite. His yearly average of approximately $14.5 million ranks fourth in the league, according to salary information from overthecap.com, and trails only Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers ($17 million per year), DeAndre Hopkins of the Houston Texans ($16.2 million per year) and A.J. Green of the Cincinnati Bengals ($15 million per year).
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jul 2024 11:39
Yoop just do some basic math.

Tae was traded on March 18, 2022. "Months" prior would mean Tae bought the house while still playing the 2021 season. We both know that is likely not true.

As for dissing...I'm not dissing Tae. But you do reap what you sow so I certainly don't feel bad for him. Tae looked at the $17 million as an insult. I can't argue that as it is true that his value was higher. But in the end GB was better off financially and cumulative talent with their current group and Tae was better off financially but worse off with surrounding talent in his situation.

It's just the reality. Tae couldn't have his cake and eat it too. He had to scacrifice one thing for the other and I don't feel bad his football isn't fun because he chose the money instead.

Fortunately GB had their cake and could eat it too. :lol:

Yeah you will never get sympathy from me when a player goes elsewhere on a 2nd or 3rd contract and suddenly loses the magic that got them to their status.

I think the way you worded this set me off, Adams never lost the magic, his team traded away the magic Carr had built with Adams, the way you word stuff at times confuses me.

again I'am not to sure I'd have kept Tae passed 2019 or 2020, our receiver room was in dire need of up grade, and his cost hurt our ability to add street talent, whatever, and in 2022 we where broke/busted, no way we could afford both Rodgers and Adams, and the QB will usually get the nod, tae had to go.

and why shouldn't couldn't tae have his cake and fork to eat it with? others get that quite often for there 3rd contracts, it's the Raider organization that screwed this pooch.

just rambling now :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
16 Jul 2024 12:14
Yoop wrote:
I mean if you guys want to diss the dude,
I don't want to diss Tae, I love that dude. I just want him to be honest when he's painting the picture of being poorly treated by GB.
He wasn't. He was very well-compensated, commensurate with his ascending production.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... 991218001/

The two sides agreed to a four-year extension worth $58 million that places Adams among the highest-paid receivers in the league, according to a report from NFL Network. Adams received an $18 million signing bonus the moment he put pen to paper, and the deal includes $32 million over the first two years.

The Packers announced the extension in a news release Friday afternoon, but Adams was prohibited from speaking with reporters because he remains in the concussion protocol. He did, however, discuss the deal in a live stream on his mobile app.

“Stressful, stressful time but I’m glad we were able to get it done,” Adams said in the video. “Lot of work, lot of time put into this thing, man. Lot of back and forth, but we got it done and couldn’t be more excited to be in a better place, man. So shout out all the Packers fans out there, #PackNation, all my supporters

The end result was an extension that places Adams among the position’s elite. His yearly average of approximately $14.5 million ranks fourth in the league, according to salary information from overthecap.com, and trails only Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers ($17 million per year), DeAndre Hopkins of the Houston Texans ($16.2 million per year) and A.J. Green of the Cincinnati Bengals ($15 million per year).
seriously, I never actually heard that Tae said we treated him poorly, simply that the offer was a lot lower then he expected, and it remained to low and why he decided to leave, he new fair market average was much higher.

our WR situation is what I had visioned back in 2018 now, imo keeping Tae should not have even been a option, more skill position talent imo is always better then just one great one..

Gute is doing what Thompson did in 07, load up on skill position talent to help your new young QB, I applaud Gutekunst for what he's done these last 3 drafts :aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
16 Jul 2024 13:12
simply that the offer was a lot lower then he expected, and it remained to low and why he decided to leave, he new fair market average was much higher.
Literally from Adams' mouth, "it was true". The 1:00 mark.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Aiyuk has officially and publicly announced a trade from the 49ers. For the race of the conference we need to hope they do trade him. Getting stuck with Deebos contract is ideal. I doubt they trade him but Aiyuk strikes me as the type that holds out.

I see a team that drafted a 1st round QB in the past two years making a move for him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
16 Jul 2024 14:34
Yoop wrote:
16 Jul 2024 13:12
simply that the offer was a lot lower then he expected, and it remained to low and why he decided to leave, he new fair market average was much higher.
Literally from Adams' mouth, "it was true". The 1:00 mark.

Oh my, he's such a traitor :rotf:

never saw that, I post more and read less these days, helps my sanity, hurts yours, I like that :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jul 2024 21:05
Aiyuk has officially and publicly announced a trade from the 49ers. For the race of the conference we need to hope they do trade him. Getting stuck with Deebos contract is ideal. I doubt they trade him but Aiyuk strikes me as the type that holds out.

I see a team that drafted a 1st round QB in the past two years making a move for him.
It's all about the benjamins, first team who shows him the money and SF trade compensation will get him

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jul 2024 07:29
never saw that, I post more and read less these days, helps my sanity, hurts yours, I like that
At least we are on the same page now.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
17 Jul 2024 07:41
Yoop wrote:
17 Jul 2024 07:29
never saw that, I post more and read less these days, helps my sanity, hurts yours, I like that
At least we are on the same page now.
is that actually possible, lets be realistic here :rotf: :rotf: :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:dunno:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jul 2024 09:49
Good for him. He will do well.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Something I never noticed until just now: the first guy to catch up with Cobb to celebrate the iconic touchdown catch was…?

Hint:
Spoiler
It’s the same guy who cut blocked Julius Peppers in the backfield which allowed Rodgers to make the throw.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jul 2024 16:23
Whenever I’m having a rough day I go back to this one for a good laugh. The “it’s Randall Cobb again. I’m gonna cry.” Gets me every time.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The Most expensive offenses in the NFL for the 2024 season $$

From Warren Sharp on twitter. See if you can guess where GB landed ?

IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
19 Jul 2024 10:41
The Most expensive offenses in the NFL for the 2024 season $$

From Warren Sharp on twitter. See if you can guess where GB landed ?

new it would be ranked with the least expensive, and it was the least, it'll bump us up a little with Loves contract, other wise this unit will be cheap for a few years now.

again, to me this is reminiscent of Thompsons build in 08, build potent offense, bring in DC with some new wrinkles and schemes, and talent so that will work, add in the QB switch and it's like dejavu :clap:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Too funny to pass up... :rotf: