Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
22 May 2020 11:11
I haven't used R since econometrics in college. I have completely forgotten how to use it. I also don't use statistics and reliance of its methods and definitions like I did in college when helped tutor stats and run a stats lab so I am behind others in this area. It's already been 7 to 8 years since I have done this work. :shock:

CPA and CMA (accounting work) uses statistics but not to the level of say economic research and modeling.

Where do you get your actual raw data from BF?
Funny, I learned R first in my econometrics class too, lol.

Used to have to use the NFLScrapR package to pull the data, but now Ron Yurko, one of the creators of the package, is just posting the .csv files already run for anyone to use, which is super easy and helpful and a time saver. https://github.com/ryurko/nflscrapR-dat ... _play_data

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Easily the most fascinating tidbit of this chart is the VAST difference in dropped passes on the Saints when Teddy TwoGloves was throwing it versus when Brees was throwing it. From the largest drop rate to one of the smallest.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Why do you suppose there is a clear tier of the playoff teams being in the top 10 of added points per play on this chart?

I would say the outliers on this chart are:

Playoff QB's with a "lower" drop rate
1. Tom Brady
2. Josh Allen

Non-Playoff QB's with a "higher" drop rate
1. Matthew Stafford
2. Dak Prescott
3. David Carr
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 May 2020 12:27
Easily the most fascinating tidbit of this chart is the VAST difference in dropped passes on the Saints when Teddy TwoGloves was throwing it versus when Brees was throwing it. From the largest drop rate to one of the smallest.
Elevating the play of those around you. :aok:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Dalvin Cook to hold out for new deal.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Packfntk wrote:
08 Jun 2020 16:57
He can hold out, but he does not have a lot of leverage in my book.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Right, no RB does. I agree that he is vastly underpaid (Set to make around 2M this year). It is just so scary paying RB's, a reason why I am an advocate to NOT pay Aaron Jones next year. Not because I don't like the player, but because of their short shelf life and bad history.

Here is to hoping they pay Cook UnGodly amounts of money. :beer2:

:lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
09 Jun 2020 08:04
Right, no RB does. I agree that he is vastly underpaid (Set to make around 2M this year). It is just so scary paying RB's, a reason why I am an advocate to NOT pay Aaron Jones next year. Not because I don't like the player, but because of their short shelf life and bad history.

I hope they don’t pay him and he misses all of camp. RBs that do that always struggle coming out of a holdout. Better for us.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Raptorman wrote:
08 Jun 2020 23:02
Packfntk wrote:
Has Cook made it through a whole year without injury yet? :idn:
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean you have to feel for RBs. It is literally the worst position in sports to be great at from an economic standpoint.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

TheGreenMan wrote:
09 Jun 2020 09:48
Raptorman wrote:
Packfntk wrote:
Nope. hasn't played a 16 games season yet.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Packfntk wrote:

Keep in mind, if Cook is underpaid so is Aaron Jones. Because Jones actually has better numbers than Cook.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
09 Jun 2020 09:48
Raptorman wrote:
Packfntk wrote:
2017 - 4
2018 - 11
2019 - 14

Going in the right direction at least!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
09 Jun 2020 10:46
Packfntk wrote:

Keep in mind, if Cook is underpaid so is Aaron Jones. Because Jones actually has better numbers than Cook.
I would say, everyone realizes that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

heck show me a list of top RB's that do play all 16 games, thats why teams snap count RB's and hope to save them till late or in the playoffs, thats why the nfl platoons RB more now, prior to live ball teams carried 6 RB's and 4 or 5 receivers, now it's the other way around.

saying all that, if you get a goody, even though he misses a game or just a few, it's worth it to resign him, I try and keep this stuff as simple as possible, basically your paying for production, and what you hope the player can produce for the length of the contract extension.

all things considered with MLF smaller ball plans and Jones will produce hugely for us, imo he is still a low mile RB.

I understand we just got Dillon, and we need to conserve on the money, but unless we have a player that can replace his production I can't agree to get rid of him, Aaron Jones type RB's are not a dime a dozen, in fact odds are against us ever seeing another Jones caliber RB for at least a decade.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I really enjoy the announced holdout when no activities are actually happening.

Like, "I'm not holding out FROM anything, but I would, if there was something to old out from"

Honestly, the VIkings' offseason is my happy place this offseason.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Jun 2020 12:02

Like, "I'm not holding out FROM anything, but I would, if there was something to old out from"

Just a warning shot from his camp that he wants a new deal, so it puts pressure on the club to get it done, that is all.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
09 Jun 2020 12:17
YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Jun 2020 12:02

Just a warning shot from his camp that he wants a new deal, so it puts pressure on the club to get it done, that is all.
Oh I totall get it; it's just funny because usually there would be OTAs and when he doesn't show up people would be like "oh, Cook didn't show; is he holding out or just voluntary" and then later people would start talking to his representation and they'd either put the message out or play coy...

...but the usual offseason process that allows for that warning shot doesn't exist. So they just had to... announce it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://breakdownsports.blogspot.com/

X and Os Blog that deals more in the college game, but interesting none the less.