Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:08
go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2023 09:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2023 09:33

We had it too if not for Dillon running the wrong direction to get the handoff...
I'm not as confident as you are on that. I think we had a shot at it though.
Gaping hole on the right side of the line. I would say I am 99%. I mean, he could have fell down or a meteor struck him in the head.
the hole, gaping wide was on the left of Myers, or we are talking about 2 different short yardage plays here.

whatever, on the play Dillon looks right at the hole, and still cuts to the right of Myers, as that side is shoved right back, imho it looks like Dillon stuck with the play design

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Gaping hole on the right side of the line. I would say I am 99%. I mean, he could have fell down or a meteor struck him in the head.
the hole, gaping wide was on the left of Myers, or we are talking about 2 different short yardage plays here.

whatever, on the play Dillon looks right at the hole, and still cuts to the right of Myers, as that side is shoved right back, imho it looks like Dillon stuck with the play design
You aren't even talking about the play we are... :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:25
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

and the reason I asked.

the point remains the same, Dillon lacks vision, or he simply sticks with the play design, if it's right, he goes right, left, he goes left

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

and the reason I asked.

the point remains the same, Dillon lacks vision, or he simply sticks with the play design, if it's right, he goes right, left, he goes left
That's your point? That's a nonsensical point given that on the play we are talking about, Dillon ran into Love on the handoff... :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:32
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

and the reason I asked.

That's your point? That's a nonsensical point given that on the play we are talking about, Dillon ran into Love on the handoff... :roll:
hard to keep track of all the plays where Dillon picks the wrong gap, thanks for clearing that up

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:32
Yoop wrote:

and the reason I asked.

hard to keep track of all the plays where Dillon picks the wrong gap, thanks for clearing that up
Hint, use this button more often:
image.png
image.png (2 KiB) Viewed 456 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2023 09:32

The decision to not sneak it on 4th and inches was a deviation. Honestly we have snuck it all year and been successful.

I didn't hate not sneaking it because DET really crammed the middle, but I hated the alternative which was just hand it to AJ Dillon on an inside run. My money is far more on Love sneaking it rather than hoping AJ Dillon can plow through because history shows...he can't.
We had it too if not for Dillon running the wrong direction to get the handoff...
Rewatching it a few times it definitely might be Love instead of Dillon. His open and first step is almost like a reverse open and then handoff underneath to his right. Seems needlessly complicated for the play. There definitely is an opening right over Rasheed Walker and inside the TE, so play going left, I was wrong there.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2023 10:50
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Rewatching it a few times it definitely might be Love instead of Dillon. His open and first step is almost like a reverse open and then handoff underneath to his right. Seems needlessly complicated for the play. There definitely is an opening right over Rasheed Walker and inside the TE, so play going left, I was wrong there.
Mike Whale is the only one who said Love was at fault.

Love simply said "miscommunication" Herman said Dillon was at fault. Greg Olson said Dillon was at fault.

I tend to lean toward Mike Wahle being right
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think DK Metcalf hit the top speed for the season (so far) last night on his long TD catch at right around 22.5 mph. That dude was moving.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RANK PLAYER TEAM SPEED GAME
1 D.K. Metcalf SEA 22.23 mph Week 13 vs. SEA
2 Tyreek Hill MIA 22.01 mph Week 5 vs. NYG
3 De'Von Achane MIA 21.93 mph Week 3 vs. DEN
4 De'Von Achane MIA 21.76 mph Week 5 vs. NYG
5 Tyreek Hill MIA 21.66 mph Week 1 at LAC
6 Raheem Mostert MIA 21.62 mph Week 2 at NE
7 Kenneth Walker SEA 21.56 mph Week 8 vs. CLE
8 Ja'Marr Chase CIN 21.54 mph Week 5 at AZ
9 Jayden Reed GB 21.52 mph Week 11 vs. LAC
10 Tyreek Hill MIA 21.52 mph Week 1 at LAC

geesh the Dolphins recorded 5 of the fastest 10 recorded runs of this season, nice to see a Packer make the list.

and Metcalf fell to the 64th pick in that 2019 draft, won the Roy, goes 6.4 at 235 lbs which makes that time even more remarkable, obviously we passed on him because we had just drafted the 3 big and tall receivers the year prior, when the media asked Carroll how Metcalf could possibly be available at the end of the 2nd round, his answer was that everyone thought he was to good to be true :rotf: ya right Pete.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
01 Dec 2023 13:08

geesh the Dolphins recorded 5 of the fastest 10 recorded runs of this season, nice to see a Packer make the list.

and Metcalf fell to the 64th pick in that 2019 draft, won the Roy, goes 6.4 at 235 lbs which makes that time even more remarkable, obviously we passed on him because we had just drafted the 3 big and tall receivers the year prior, when the media asked Carroll how Metcalf could possibly be available at the end of the 2nd round, his answer was that everyone thought he was to good to be true :rotf: ya right Pete.
I thought DK was a cant miss top 10 pick. I was astounded how low the league was on him. One of the all time Gutenbumst blunders. Imagine DK taking the top off the D with Adams route running and release shredding people underneath.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Dec 2023 14:06
Yoop wrote:

I thought DK was a cant miss top 10 pick. I was astounded how low the league was on him. One of the all time Gutenbumst blunders. Imagine DK taking the top off the D with Adams route running and release shredding people underneath.
agreed, I didn't want to upset our GM defenders here with another " we should have used higher picks on receivers" post, thanks for doing it for me :aok: I even refrained from calling that group the stooges out of respect for the brethren here :lol:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

lupedafiasco wrote:
I was astounded how low the league was on him. One of the all time Gutenbumst blunders.
1. Apparently, many other GMs committed that all-time blunder.

2. Once again, those that dispute what some here and on other boards have to say with "these guys (coaches, GMs, scouts, et. al.) are professionals, how could we know better? comments may not necessarily be right.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Yup. Trading up for Savage was a bad decision. Could have held pat and taken Metcalf and it would have been a significant improvement for our football team.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
01 Dec 2023 14:27
lupedafiasco wrote:
I was astounded how low the league was on him. One of the all time Gutenbumst blunders.
1. Apparently, many other GMs committed that all-time blunder.

2. Once again, those that dispute what some here and on other boards have to say with "these guys (coaches, GMs, scouts, et. al.) are professionals, how could we know better? comments may not necessarily be right.
same reason Jordy Nelson fell, tech and agility concerns, lack of route running scores, slow in and out of breaks, thats what I remember, like Jordy, all that stuff was over blown, we should have used our 2nd first on Metcalf versus Savage, however there are misses like Metcalf in every draft class, again no one see's the very best coming every time, college can't miss prospects bust, the same as after thought guys go to the HOF, Bart Starr was a 17th round pick

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's not a "blunder" to pass up a good/great player when your own moves resulted in acquiring good/great players.

In lieu of drafting Metcalf, we instead picked an elite EDGE player *and* a quality OL.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
01 Dec 2023 14:57
It's not a "blunder" to pass up a good/great player when your own moves resulted in acquiring good/great players.

In lieu of drafting Metcalf, we instead picked an elite EDGE player *and* a quality OL.
Exactly.

And DK Metcalf wasn't even the miss in that draft, AJ Brown was. Brown was picked 7 selections after our Pro-Bowl LG blunder (Jenkins).

Also, EVERY SINGLE TEAM passed on Metcalf for their own reason(s). Most teams passed twice. He OBVIOUSLY had some red flags that scared teams off. But, yeah, Gutebumst is an idiot for blundering into two PB caliber players and one serviceable starter in lieu of him.

:roll:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
01 Dec 2023 14:57

The blunder was picking Savage instead of Metcalf or AJ Brown.

But overall yes the 2019 draft was a success at the top.
Yoop wrote: