Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

APB wrote:
05 Dec 2023 17:41
paco wrote:
05 Dec 2023 14:20
Good pick up. When Patrick Taylor broke free I was kind of chuckling that he was looking around for a spot to lay down instead of pushing for max yards like Pacheco. Dillon’s groin could be hanging by a thread so another back in the mix is a good idea. Hopefully Drake still has some juice.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

So I was thinking (dangerous), I wonder if Kraft could end up being better than Musgrave? It should be interesting to see now that Kraft will get all the 1st team practice/reps,how MLF can incorporate him into the offense more. I see him being a big part of this offense potentially, more than he already has. Whats really interesting is next year when Musgrave gets back and we have both healthy and a year of experience. Remember how good Gronk and Hernandez were for the Patriots, before Hernandez's sociopathic criminal tendencies got the better of him? That was a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

MY_TAKE wrote:
05 Dec 2023 22:06
So I was thinking (dangerous), I wonder if Kraft could end up being better than Musgrave? It should be interesting to see now that Kraft will get all the 1st team practice/reps,how MLF can incorporate him into the offense more. I see him being a big part of this offense potentially, more than he already has. Whats really interesting is next year when Musgrave gets back and we have both healthy and a year of experience. Remember how good Gronk and Hernandez were for the Patriots, before Hernandez's sociopathic criminal tendencies got the better of him? That was a nightmare for defensive coordinators.
I've had the same thoughts (scary)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
05 Dec 2023 22:06
I think the only sociopathic criminal tendencies we have to worry about with Kraft is a night of cow-tipping...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So with the signing of Kenyon Drake, I guess that means the Packers were less than impressed with James Robinson's showing this past week? I didn't see where they signed him back to the PS.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

lake shark wrote:
05 Dec 2023 21:13
APB wrote:
05 Dec 2023 17:41
paco wrote:
05 Dec 2023 14:20
Good pick up. When Patrick Taylor broke free I was kind of chuckling that he was looking around for a spot to lay down instead of pushing for max yards like Pacheco. Dillon’s groin could be hanging by a thread so another back in the mix is a good idea. Hopefully Drake still has some juice.
Can you use phrasing that doesn't cause me to wince? ;)

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2023 08:20
So with the signing of Kenyon Drake, I guess that means the Packers were less than impressed with James Robinson's showing this past week? I didn't see where they signed him back to the PS.
I thought Robinson looked awful; he has no quickness left.

I bet Gutey wishes Tyler Goodson was available!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Dec 2023 12:27
APB wrote:

Robinsons legs are gone, but Goodson was/still is available.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2023 12:29
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Dec 2023 12:27
APB wrote:

Robinsons legs are gone, but Goodson was/still is available.
He is to our active roster. But we can't bring him to our Psquad
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2023 12:30
Interesting how the 2000's/2010's Chargers also had a great December record but not so good January record.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Not really news, but its still an interesting look at the new TE room in GB. MLF likes his basketball team analogy, with different body types for different roles- but they all have to be multidimensional

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/packers/t ... d-is-here/

The Packers’ Future At Tight End Is Here

Many NFL experts believe tight ends have the longest learning curve in transitioning from college to pro football, except for quarterbacks. You’ve got to know it all from the run- and pass-blocking concepts, the passing-game concepts, and be able to transition between the two during audibles and checks at the line of scrimmage...

...The most exciting part might be that each tight end has already had success. Musgrave has shown the ability to be a flex tight end and a weapon in the passing game. Kraft has been productive in the passing game and has improved his run blocking enough to be dangerous in the run and pass offense as a true hybrid tight end. Sims has been primarily a contributor as an inline blocking tight end, but he also has some points of his own to show.

GB might bring back Tyler Davis next year; he's cheap, experienced and has developed into a swiss knife type contributor as well.
The Deguara role continues to be important in MLF's offense - you'll note they brought up Henry Pearson ( FB) from the practice squad while Deguara is out injured.

MLF likes to play with heavy personnel and having a stable of young TE's really makes his offense tough to defend

Musgrave-Kraft-Davis-Deguara-Sims is a well-stocked TE room and GB won't have to invest much in that position in offseason
Coming into 2024, they're primed for a leap and maybe with playoff experience under their belt.

IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

2027 gunna be crazy when our TE budget goes from $3m a year to $45m a year. :P

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Calm down, Tucker :lol:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
08 Dec 2023 11:27

That's fantastic ! So much of the Shanny/McVay/MLF offense is based on deception and pencil-whipping your opponent. Every once in awhile ya gotta line up and just take it to them. And grind them into the dirt. And then do it again. :aok:
IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
08 Dec 2023 11:27

If they make a Conan the Barbarian remake, hire this man to write some lines...

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 14:33
a Conan the Barbarian remake
Arnold is pretty ancient these days, it would have to be Conan the Octogenarian
IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BSA wrote:
08 Dec 2023 15:41
salmar80 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 14:33
a Conan the Barbarian remake
Arnold is pretty ancient these days, it would have to be Conan the Octogenarian
:lol: Conan the Octogenarian would have to rise up to the challenge of standing an entire game at Lambeau Field. :favre:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Kraft is the Big Cheese.
Cancelled by the forum elites.