Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BSA wrote:
06 Jan 2023 13:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2023 09:09
I find it crazy that we haven't left it to the last game very often.
my guess is that GB had the division locked up, so they didn't have to fart around with tie breakers/wild cards as often.
( OK, so I was curious and looked it up )

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/

Since 1995, 15 division wins which is about 2X what you'd expect if all 4 divisional teams were equals.

The other contributor to the "last game phenomenon" is the addition of a 3rd wild card.
NFL not only gets the added inventory $$ of another game - they keep an additional 3-5 fans bases engaged deeper into the reg season.
I ALWAYS want more Packer football!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2023 10:57
I’d be interested in seeing the team-by-team representation in those top 100 broadcasts.

Also, how does the Turkey Day parade make the top 40? Goes to show what a sad state the broadcast industry has become.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Some cool info on Bak's performance in 2022/3

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/0 ... e-player/?

Spectacular

According to Pro Football Focus, Bakhtiari has allowed only nine total pressures over 306 pass-blocking snaps at left tackle.
All nine pressures have been hurries; no quarterback hits, no sacks.

Only twice has Bakhtiari allowed more than one pressure in a game, and he pitched shutouts against the Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles, three teams with excellent fronts and edge rushers.

Even after coming back from appendectomy surgery, Bakhtiari allowed just a single pressure despite facing Za’Darius Smith and Danielle Hunter of the Vikings last week.

I'd like to personally thank Bak for telling Z to STFU, it seems to be working. Its been vewy vewy quiet over there ever since Sunday.
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
07 Jan 2023 08:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2023 10:57
I’d be interested in seeing the team-by-team representation in those top 100 broadcasts.

Also, how does the Turkey Day parade make the top 40? Goes to show what a sad state the broadcast industry has become.
Interesting how major league baseball and NBA aren't even in the conversation. Keep watching the NFL everybody! Where's the Indy 500 and Daytona 500? And the Preakness and the Belmont? :P

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
07 Jan 2023 08:55

I want to say that has always had high viewership.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Guty to speak on Friday morn, at 10 CT.

Probably only season-ending stuff. But who knows.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Not sure he actually said that or implied that he played his last game as a Packer

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Raptorman wrote:
09 Jan 2023 18:11
Not sure he actually said that or implied that he played his last game as a Packer

I appreciate the effort he gave us. I feel like thats the nicest thing I can say about him. He always seemed to try and use every bit of the little bit of talent he had. Still I cant forgive the '21 playoffs game against the Buccs where he messed up a pick play Adams would have scored on, let a smaller defender out muscle him for a pick, and ducked an easy TD on an RPO in the redzone. Its never mentioned just how truly awful he was that night because King was just that much more terrible.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
09 Jan 2023 18:11

Quite the potty mouth. I actually thought he was saying “potentially his last game” and when he said “which it is”, he was talking about the season now being over. I think he’s just saying it very well could be the end. Don’t see how he would know either way, because he has no idea what other teams would offer him.

That said..Lazards a good player. Great blocker, good team guy. He did improve during the last 4 years…the problem wasn’t with him…it’s with the team thinking he was a WR1 lol. I mean that’s just comical. Dude is a WR3-4 who is only on the field in certain scenarios. If you told me Lazard was our true WR3, I’d be very happy.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Newsworthy

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur seems to agree with me and Texas

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’d say I’d fully expect Barry back.

I’m torn on if I’d want him back. Never loved the hire, both years D was trending in the right direction.

I don’t know what I don’t know, so might so deeper analysis of situational calls and personnell break downs and such id review.

But yeah, I expect him back.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 20:02

I’m torn on if I’d want him back. Never loved the hire, both years D was trending in the right direction.

I don’t know what I don’t know, so might so deeper analysis of situational calls and personnell break downs and such id review.

Yeah I didn’t like the hire and would fine without someone else at DC, but ya…I just never expected him canned. Lafleur has replaced way more coordinators than usual for a team with so many wins

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 19:46

Lafleur seems to agree with me and Texas
All of Barry’s great adjustments came from the media. The guys awful. He had a bottom of the average tier defense despite having a very athletic group that’s been highly invested in.

This defense needs a strong coach that is going to fire them up and inspire to change the culture. Whether that’s head coach or DC they need it.

You look at the 49ers and they’ve churned out defensive players but maintain the same intensity despite different coaches. The players had that instilled in them and it’s been passed down. We need that badly.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I will always remember Lazard for running around with a (soccer) football during warm-up. That's some branding move but always overseen I guess.

LaFleur holding on to Barry was forseeable bc he somehow turned the defense around into the right direction. But you can also see the fact that Barry had a lot of premium material to work with and in the big picture he underachieved bc this defense should/could have been nasty and dominant; Barry couldn't squeeze all the talent out of it. But as usual Matt is choosing the comfortable non-confronting way. But at least it's not a boneheader.
Last edited by German_Panzer on 09 Jan 2023 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 20:02

I think I give him better than a 50/50 shot. I want to do away with passive style though.