Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
09 Jan 2023 20:49
Wanted to see what it looked like if we went 1 step further, 4th quarter and OT in playoffs since we won the Super Bowl:
image.png
image.png (13.34 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Since 2015:
image.png
image.png (13.85 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
10 Jan 2023 08:24
APB wrote:
This one is for @Yoop, only because I haven’t seen Rodgers’ play defended quite enough…

Yeah. Colin Cowherd was all over this too.

Time to move on folks! Rodgers isn’t making it happen.
fine, again though those stats hardly tell the story, Rodgers played well enough to win every one of those games, and we did actually see players (Adams) drop perfectly thrown passes, to say Rodger didn't do enough to win in those games and not mention what actually cost us those wins is being less then truthful.
I get it, the quarter back was expected to deliver, but so was the rest of this team, and they where actually the real reason we lost.

I hope this is Rodgers last season as a Packer, that why I'd get to here people here complain about the next QB that is neglected by the idiots running this team

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2023 08:45
Scott4Pack wrote:
APB wrote:
This one is for @Yoop, only because I haven’t seen Rodgers’ play defended quite enough…

fine, again though those stats hardly tell the story, Rodgers played well enough to win every one of those games, and we did actually see players (Adams) drop perfectly thrown passes, to say Rodger didn't do enough to win in those games and not mention what actually cost us those wins is being less then truthful.
I get it, the quarter back was expected to deliver, but so was the rest of this team, and they where actually the real reason we lost.

I hope this is Rodgers last season as a Packer, that why I'd get to here people here complain about the next QB that is neglected by the idiots running this team
I'm almost there, [mention]Yoop[/mention]. Another 27 or so posts repeating all those excuses for Rodgers and I may get there...keep 'em coming. :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
10 Jan 2023 08:49
Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2023 08:45
Scott4Pack wrote:

I'm almost there, @Yoop. Another 27 or so posts repeating all those excuses for Rodgers and I may get there...keep 'em coming. :aok:
Oky doky fearless leader, I have no intention of letting you down :aok:

for people to think Rodgers wouldn't have been just as accurate with receivers he had better chemistry with and better protection as he had with Adams or MVS or Tonyan last season or two, well I just can't get there, He obviously isn't the player he once was, but the decline we saw this season had more to do with issues not of his making.

again people use Rodgers as a scape goat rather then dealing with the main reasons for this terrible season

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2023 09:00
thank you :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2023 09:02
yep, he did enough to obviously do better in the goal zone, and so probably did everyone else on offense except this inconsistent OL

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2023 09:07

yep, he did enough to obviously do better in the goal zone, and so probably did everyone else on offense except this inconsistent OL
Did you read the article you posted "thank you" in response to?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2023 06:46
Labrev wrote:
09 Jan 2023 23:14
Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2023 23:00
yes, I brought evidence of it a month or so back, in 018 or 019 the 3 best defenses in the league never even made the PO's, obviously some of the greatest defenses do win SB's, but those teams usually have a great offense too, doesn't mean much if your defenses holds the opponent to 14 points, if you can't score 15 then that great defense didn't do good enough.
Wow, really? I had no idea.

So... why have we been unable to go the distance without an elite defense, even with offenses that were at times as good or better than 2010?
never said we didn't need a better defense then we've had over the years, bottom 3rd of the league stopping the run, or some of the worst ST's units in the league. even as good as our offense has been some years it couldn't over come that.

we spent most of our draft resources on defense, and what do we have to show for it? what a waste, in the process, Guty wasted the last 5 years of a HOF QB's career, bravo, people that support this &%$@ are getting there just deserts.

Lupe had a point, it's been a real &%$@ show
That wasn't the question.

I was asking why only the team with the elite defense (2010) went the distance, while none of the others even made an SB appearance.

And it's a rhetorical question, not one that needs an answer. The answer is: because an elite defense is what puts you over the top.

BTW, "Defense Wins Championships" does not mean "ALL great defenses win championships" or "it's IMPOSSIBLE to win championships without a top defense." Obviously some teams have gone all the way with just a good enough defense rather than a great one, but 9 times out of 10 the team that wins a championship has an elite defense.

And more often than not, teams with good defenses will not quite get there, because in the playoffs, offenses become closely matched, so it comes down to which defense *lets up* more points.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2023 09:16
Yoop wrote:

just the caption, yes at times the OL was stout, but what do you think was the reason Jones was unable to score more TD's and not just Jones, did Dillon equal or surpass his 2021 TD runs? I'am right, this OL was inconsistent all year, and we saw that with both run blocking and pass pro.

you brought stats to refute my position on this, when we both know that what I've said is accurate, when the defense drives our blockers back around Rodgers that is pass pressure sufficient to cause Rodgers to reset, and it distracts his concentration, we all know this, yet you over look that in order to blame the QB.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2023 09:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2023 09:16
Yoop wrote:

just the caption,
*Sigh* so much for educating oneself.
you brought stats to refute my position on this,
You are the classic boomer. No, not everything posted on the internet is about you or directed at you. As I do EVERY week, I am bringing interesting and relevant information to the forum that is out there in the Packerverse. It had NOTHING to do with you.
yet you over look that in order to blame the QB.
Except, I didn't blame anyone. I posted an interesting article. I can not overstate how insane you have become with your narrative and it has literally infected every topic.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 10 Jan 2023 09:49, edited 4 times in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:

Ouch

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
I new you would bring stats to prove me wrong, but did you? I may have been off a little, but again those quality defenses had to also have a potent offense in order to win.

balance is what gets the Lombardi, I think fans are enamored with the great defenses over the years, the hitting and ferociousness gets the male juices flowing, it's our nature to love the physical aspect of the game, heres more on that.
You are absolutely correct. Balance is what wins more than anything.

The only real statistical significant thing in common that SB teams posses is they usually have the following:

1. 1 unit of either defense or offense is top 5
2. The other unit is top 3rd in the league (top 11 or so)
3. Generally no unit is bottom 10

That's about it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:

Oof yeah, that's brutal.

I don't even care about the INT that much, tbh. I care that, as the stats reflect here, he does not go out and *make* the play that wins the game or puts us in position to do so (e.g. game-winning FG).

Rodgers did not, by himself, cause us to LOSE any of those games, he just did not cause us to WIN them either.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2023 09:36
Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2023 06:46
Labrev wrote:
09 Jan 2023 23:14

Wow, really? I had no idea.

So... why have we been unable to go the distance without an elite defense, even with offenses that were at times as good or better than 2010?
never said we didn't need a better defense then we've had over the years, bottom 3rd of the league stopping the run, or some of the worst ST's units in the league. even as good as our offense has been some years it couldn't over come that.

we spent most of our draft resources on defense, and what do we have to show for it? what a waste, in the process, Guty wasted the last 5 years of a HOF QB's career, bravo, people that support this &%$@ are getting there just deserts.

Lupe had a point, it's been a real &%$@ show
That wasn't the question.

I was asking why only the team with the elite defense (2010) went the distance, while none of the others even made an SB appearance.

And it's a rhetorical question, not one that needs an answer. The answer is: because an elite defense is what puts you over the top.

BTW, "Defense Wins Championships" does not mean "ALL great defenses win championships" or "it's IMPOSSIBLE to win championships without a top defense." Obviously some teams have gone all the way with just a good enough defense rather than a great one, but 9 times out of 10 the team that wins a championship has an elite defense.

And more often than not, teams with good defenses will not quite get there, because in the playoffs, offenses become closely matched, so it comes down to which defense *lets up* more points.
we both know why we lost the PO games, stupid mistakes, we lost the PO games because we beat ourselves.

again go read what I brought in the other thread, over the course of 45 S Bowls the tally is near tied with offense having a slight margin over defensive rankings.
and if you do bother to investigate PO games further I believe you see that the last team with the ball wins, again this defense wins championships stuff is media folly, most playoff teams have very good offense, they are able to win shoot outs, they are far more common then great defenses ever since this became a live ball sport, and the cost of building and retaining these top 5 defenses is atrocious unless your name is Billy Belichick who's had some secret formula to get that done, even the Legion of boom only last about 4 years, ya get a great QB, and you can have a great offense for over a decade, our experience right with this team is my proof. :nono: Oh my, theres that finger again :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Gotta tell ya, I'm feeling pretty Doomer from what I've heard of MLF's press conference. He still seems to be in the "run it back" mindset.

"Run it back" to what, Matt? We did that last season, and finished worse, getting eliminated one round earlier. We did it this season, did not even clinch the wildcard.

You keep trying to "run it back" and it's been trending in the wrong direction.

They think they are just a few players away. They're not. There is serious systemic rot in the org.
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2023 10:38
Gotta tell ya, I'm feeling pretty Doomer from what I've heard of MLF's press conference. He still seems to be in the "run it back" mindset.

"Run it back" to what, Matt? We did that last season, and finished worse, getting eliminated one round earlier. We did it this season, did not even clinch the wildcard.

You keep trying to "run it back" and it's been trending in the wrong direction.

They think they are just a few players away. They're not. There is serious systemic rot in the org.
Lafleur just wants to beg Rodgers back. He can figure the rest of it out from there. You can tell hes terrified to go into the deep waters without his buddy 12.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur