General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Jan 2022 08:51
Basically, if Adams wants the richest WR contract (which he has publicly stated that he deserves), it will be a foregone conclusion that he walks. He will not be a Packer next year unless there are very major concessions. Isn't that the case here?
And if we trade Rodgers Adams won't stick around.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

He goes where we get the best offer. But only a team who knows they can build a squad for a 2 to 3 year run will actually offer something big.

I know only a team with play off asperations would be interested in Rodgers, I took offense to the first part simply because he may not go to the team who offers the most.

and I still do not believe the trade of Farve went as you describe, and I also don't just accept everything that Andrew Brandt says now to media as often comments to the media are adjusted or not exactly accurate because what really happened is dull, either way, Favre had choices, and I expect Rodgers will be given a couple choices as well

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:38
Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:28
go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2022 08:59
you like to fight a lot
disagreeing is not fighting, when you say stuff I find disagreeable to what I've witnessed take place over the years then I will speak up, so when you say Rodgers will go wherever the team decides to trade him I have my doubts, if Rodgers decides to say no I wont go there, I doubt that Murphy or Gute will force him, and will come up with a alternate trade.
A few things:

1. You primarily argued my Andrew Brandt story and told me to bring the article. It wasn't an article. It was an interview and no I am not brining that in. You bring in plenty of stuff without any backup. I am doing that here as well. I am not going to sift through Brandt interviews to find the right time stamp for that story. But my memory is pretty darned good.

2. Obviously you can take this from an extreme standpoint like, "we are sending you to the Jets no matter what". This obviously won't happen for a few reasons:
a) - The Jets or Texans are not spending draft capital for Rodgers. That would be stupid on their end to spend a lot of resources on their end to bring in a QB while their team is not ready to win.

b) - Rodgers would just retire and again any offer by these low teams would not get considered. Therefore these low teams won't even put their hat in the ring.

c) - There will be plenty of teams who are in that "we are a QB and some big sign FA's away from being contenders" that we won't need offers from low teams anyways.

I thought all of this was common sense and didn't even need to be stated where I guess I was wrong.

The thing Rodgers could do is play hardball becuase he knows he could get away with it. He knows the Packers don't have much room to bargain if he forces our hand because of our cap situation. However, GB can easily turn this on its head by releasing the Smith boys, Cobb, Crosby, etc. prior to the new league year to get us under cap. At that point, Rodgers baragaining power is gone. He either plays for a rebuidling Packers, plays for the highest bidder, or retires.

It's why I don't think Rodgers can just pick where he wants to go while at the same time negotiate a small trade compensation to screw the Packers. Once the Packers decide 2022 is a rebuild year, Rodgers loses his bargaining power. They will come to an agreement quite easily and work with each other well.
What teams do you think will be interested in taking on Rodgers' salary and will make a deal with Gute?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2022 10:07
He goes where we get the best offer. But only a team who knows they can build a squad for a 2 to 3 year run will actually offer something big.

I know only a team with play off asperations would be interested in Rodgers, I took offense to the first part simply because he may not go to the team who offers the most.

and I still do not believe the trade of Farve went as you describe, and I also don't just accept everything that Andrew Brandt says now to media as often comments to the media are adjusted or not exactly accurate because what really happened is dull, either way, Favre had choices, and I expect Rodgers will be given a couple choices as well
I think Rodgers has the power in the trade and will work with the team he wants to go to in order to make sure he gets there.

Why? Because Rodgers will just threaten retirement to anyone offering that he doesnt want to play for. This will prevent teams he doesnt want to play for from offering massive loot. They cant risk offering their future to the packers, securing Rodgers for their loot, and then he just retire or start being a turd.

The teams competing for trading for Rodgers will be teams that he is willing to play for.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
24 Jan 2022 10:08
go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:38
Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:28

disagreeing is not fighting, when you say stuff I find disagreeable to what I've witnessed take place over the years then I will speak up, so when you say Rodgers will go wherever the team decides to trade him I have my doubts, if Rodgers decides to say no I wont go there, I doubt that Murphy or Gute will force him, and will come up with a alternate trade.
A few things:

1. You primarily argued my Andrew Brandt story and told me to bring the article. It wasn't an article. It was an interview and no I am not brining that in. You bring in plenty of stuff without any backup. I am doing that here as well. I am not going to sift through Brandt interviews to find the right time stamp for that story. But my memory is pretty darned good.

2. Obviously you can take this from an extreme standpoint like, "we are sending you to the Jets no matter what". This obviously won't happen for a few reasons:
a) - The Jets or Texans are not spending draft capital for Rodgers. That would be stupid on their end to spend a lot of resources on their end to bring in a QB while their team is not ready to win.

b) - Rodgers would just retire and again any offer by these low teams would not get considered. Therefore these low teams won't even put their hat in the ring.

c) - There will be plenty of teams who are in that "we are a QB and some big sign FA's away from being contenders" that we won't need offers from low teams anyways.

I thought all of this was common sense and didn't even need to be stated where I guess I was wrong.

The thing Rodgers could do is play hardball becuase he knows he could get away with it. He knows the Packers don't have much room to bargain if he forces our hand because of our cap situation. However, GB can easily turn this on its head by releasing the Smith boys, Cobb, Crosby, etc. prior to the new league year to get us under cap. At that point, Rodgers baragaining power is gone. He either plays for a rebuidling Packers, plays for the highest bidder, or retires.

It's why I don't think Rodgers can just pick where he wants to go while at the same time negotiate a small trade compensation to screw the Packers. Once the Packers decide 2022 is a rebuild year, Rodgers loses his bargaining power. They will come to an agreement quite easily and work with each other well.
What teams do you think will be interested in taking on Rodgers' salary and will make a deal with Gute?
I think it makes sense for a lot of teams:

Denver, Las Vegas, Indy, Pittsburgh, Cleveland (though highly unlikely), Miami, New Orleans, Tampa, Carolina, Washington, Philly, New York Giants

A lot of teams could put their hat in the rink. Keep in mind though there will also be a lot of QBs this year: Wilson, Rodgers, Cousins, Wentz, Carr with Wilson and Rodgers being the big dollar prizes.

Also, money is irrelevant for the team who trades for Rodgers. They will have a clean slate and can therefore sign a big deal that defers the cap. So the team who signs Rodgers can EASILY set up a 2 - 3 year window with Rodgers and a bunch of FA's. Just like what Tampa did when they got Brady. A team like Denver for instance can turn into "paper contenders" almost immediately with bringing on Rodgers and Adams.

There is a reason why Denver is the current favorite.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 10:10
Yoop wrote:

I think Rodgers has the power in the trade and will work with the team he wants to go to in order to make sure he gets there.

Why? Because Rodgers will just threaten retirement to anyone offering that he doesnt want to play for. This will prevent teams he doesnt want to play for from offering massive loot. They cant risk offering their future to the packers, securing Rodgers for their loot, and then he just retire or start being a turd.

The teams competing for trading for Rodgers will be teams that he is willing to play for.
ya I just don't get it when someone says the team has control, hasn't Rodgers shown often enough that he will become almost impossible to deal with if he doesn't get what he wants, it's why we have grown fed up with him.

I think Silverstein's article made sense, Guty has to look at the next year or two, or the next 5 years, keeping Rodgers another couple years and lossing a bunch of players to do so hampers our long term future, Rodgers has to go.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2022 10:18
Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 10:10
Yoop wrote:

ya I just don't get it when someone says the team has control, hasn't Rodgers shown often enough that he will become almost impossible to deal with if he doesn't get what he wants, it's why we have grown fed up with him.

I think Silverstein's article made sense, Guty has to look at the next year or two, or the next 5 years, keeping Rodgers another couple years and lossing a bunch of players to do so hampers our long term future, Rodgers has to go.
They both have control. Which is why they will come to a mutual agreement if Rodgers wishes to continue to play. The Packers will get great compensation and Rodgers will end up in a great situation.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I did some digging and there are a handful of teams with cap issues like us that will not be able to deal for Rodgers: New Orleans, Houston, Minnesota if they dump Cousins and the NYG. Miami has the most space. The Jets have cap space as does Denver and the Steelers. These 4 AFC teams might be a good spot for AR to land. They have a need for an elite QB and they are the other conference. If I were AR I wouldn't mind going to any of these 4 outside of NYJ.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
24 Jan 2022 11:36
I did some digging and there are a handful of teams with cap issues like us that will not be able to deal for Rodgers: New Orleans, Houston, Minnesota if they dump Cousins and the NYG. Miami has the most space. The Jets have cap space as does Denver and the Steelers. These 4 AFC teams might be a good spot for AR to land. They have a need for an elite QB and they are the other conference. If I were AR I wouldn't mind going to any of these 4 outside of NYJ.
So the only team to remove from my list based on cap is New Orleans.
Yoop wrote: