Rodgers out with covid

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 16:11
Just watched the Rodgers interview. Bout to go purchase a jersey now.
I might, too. I got rid of my two Packers jerseys a couple years ago because they were old and other reasons.

AR has been impressing me more the last year or so. He has always been smart. He is WAY smarter than the average person. But he is much less cocky and much more informed as he gets older.

In this interview he came off as not just intelligent, but informed (not the same as educated) and rational. And systematic with his process of acquiring information. I didn't think it was whining like some - because he had logic and contemporary information (didn't use the word, 004! :)) on his side. Frankly, I think only the simple minded could think he was whiny or simply complaining for the sake of complaining.

PS... fire stick is on the menu on the TV right now. An promo for the movie Divergent just showed up. Ironic.
Last edited by wallyuwl on 05 Nov 2021 16:23, edited 3 times in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Nov 2021 12:55
I really hope Love impresses, even if he doesn't I want to be rid of Rodgers, I can't believe I defended his sorry ass as much as I did
Can’t believe everything always has to be so black and white though. Watch Aaron’s interview. Imo, if you have a problem with that, then you (the generic you) are the problem, not him.

Also Love was wearing a mask in his presser today :lol: The scarlet letter of the unmasked. :rotf:

Yoop gunna have to convert to being a Lions fan after this, where they have QBs who care. :lol:

No idea his status really. My guess is LaFleur telling him to take every ridiculous precaution and don’t get sighing 30 feet of another human being this week.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
05 Nov 2021 15:34
texas wrote:
05 Nov 2021 14:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 14:45

Opened it up and it hasn't even been a day and it goes political again. Unfortunate. Time to lock again and leave it.
Me and wally showed up, but we have said nothing political. I think you're reacting to what you expect to happen, rather than what has actually happened (so far at least).
I mean you used the term "not a dumb NPC sheep" which can very much be argued as a political term making fun of a specific group of people. One in which I would be categorized in this situation because me and my wife listened to the advice of all our doctors we spoke with both professionally and those who are our friends and therefore took the vaccination proudly.

Now I could honestly give a rats a$$. I have far thicker skin than being offended by the word sheep or snowflake. But I can see why people wouldn't want this in a football forum and also I think the "I haven't said anything political" isn't true in this case.
"Dumb NPC sheep" can go both ways. You don't think Republicans can be dumb NPC sheep?

Btw I am vaccinated for the same reason you are, according to what you wrote. And I surely don't think I am an NPC or a sheep. I talked to doctors I knew, and watched how the people around me reacted when they took it, and I decided it made sense for me.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Well, y'all made it past page 10. Barely and with dozens of deleted posts.

But it's time.

Off to the Round Table with this!

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

So during the offseason Rodgers takes it upon himself to research his options for defending himself against Covid. After what he described as objective research, he decides to forgo getting any of the vaccines and instead opts to wear masks and take therapeutics should he get it. This is because he is part of a demographic whose risk of serious harm from covid is minuscule.

Fast forward ~4 months. He contracts covid, as he knew he inevitably would. Participates in an interview 2 days before a game and is healthy as an ox.

So his theory about the best treatment for him ended up being correct.

Rodgers says that if it were the flu he'd easily be playing Sunday.

But now he has to sit out a game that he easily could have played and runs the risk of being punished by the NFL?

I blame the NFL primarily. Though I do hold him a bit accountable for not taking a stand and being more vocal about his issues with the covid rules way back before the season started and we got into this mess.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Since many have wondered, here's why I chose to lock this thread:

I'm sorry I had to do it. But the conversation was going down the hill, although there was much still to discuss. The posts that broke forum rules were overflowing. It's a hobbyist forum, we can't afford, nor want, 24/7 modding.

Why we as a forum admins and mods don't want ANY politics on the football side is that forum founder JustJeff - and we as his torchbearers - want a space where people can talk about things as Packers fans/football fans.

Yes, it limits the conversation available to you in this space. You may have to learn new ways to discuss things. And we aren't going to be perfect with our modding, it's a tightrope walk when there are Packers issues that have a social/political/religious element that come with the issue itself.

When you bring politics to the football side, people no longer identify as just Packers fans. We faction up into political, religious and into other subgroups that we hold outside this space. If I want to discuss things as a vaxxed woke foreign commie atheist cis-male Packers fan (some of which is true), I can go to the Round Table, or to other forums, for that experience.

On the football side of this particular forum, I just want to be a Packers fan.

We want you to be able to be that, too.

You can comment on this by sending me or the other mods PMs.

Here's a thread on the Round Table about this very topic, where there will be less mod tyranny ;) : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=805