Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Dec 2023 15:44
BF004 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 15:31
Yoop wrote:
18 Dec 2023 14:13
he has been vocal concerning his dislikes of Joe Barry as our DC.
Have a feeling I will regret asking, but where have you seen this?

and I have a feeling I'll regret answering you.

he pissed a bitch when Barry stuck him in his passive zones 28 games ago against Jefferson, and Barry allowed him to single up on Jefferson later, since then it's back to passive zone, ya don't need to read anything to know Alexander dislikes Barry's defensive schemes.

why this is so hard for you to realize is regrettable
Why the last part?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
18 Dec 2023 14:13
he has been vocal concerning his dislikes of Joe Barry as our DC.

he pissed a bitch when Barry stuck him in his passive zones 28 games ago against Jefferson, and Barry allowed him to single up on Jefferson later, since then it's back to passive zone, ya don't need to read anything to know Alexander dislikes Barry's defensive schemes.

Sigh, why gotta be such a d and condescending? So pointless ever asking you a simple question and expecting it answered.

Never implied I agreed or disagreed. Literally just asked where did you see Jaire being vocal about Barry, not sure what I’ve all seen and what I missed.

Why is it so damn hard to answer a question without being a $%&#.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
18 Dec 2023 15:55
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Sigh, why gotta be such a d and condescending? So pointless ever asking you a simple question and expecting it answered.

Never implied I agreed or disagreed. Literally just asked where did you see Jaire being vocal about Barry, not sure what I’ve all seen and what I missed.

Why is it so damn hard to answer a question without being a $%&#.
you put me on the defensive when you said you'd regret asking the question, and I went back and deleted the last line about 10 min before your post, because you already new about the vocal instance, seriously you had to remember how vocal Alex was after the first game last year, what has changed since then? nothing except he's been inactive for a month or more.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

#FireMattLaFleur is now trending on Twitter.

MLF is gonna end up getting himself fired over his insistence on defending Joe Barry.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

As bad as he's been, who are you replacing him with in week 16?

Plus you don't have to #fireJoeBarry

Simply #don'tresignjoebarry

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Madcity_matt wrote:
19 Dec 2023 16:03

Does it matter who at this point? I think it’s tough for these guys to go out there these last three games and play another down for this guy. I get it from both sides though.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I was initially thinking that we can just wait on relieving Barry of his duties, but damn, the mood in the locker room is toxic right now. I can feel it all the way over here, miles away from 1250. Jaire nukes his account, Campbell vents on X. This is a really tense situation.

People didn't like McCarthy getting fired midseason, but they don't remember how lifeless our players looked for many weeks. It was so bad that this organization, usually hesitant to make drastic moves, could not put it off any longer.

If we are just going to wait this out, then it's gonna be a long three weeks.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Many are blaming locker room mood
On Barry when in my opinion this stems from lack of player leadership in the locker room

Campbell is supposed to be the vet and he’s crying.
Jaire is the well paid vet and he’s sitting
Clark is a mime

Let’s face it, this fracture doesn’t start with Barry. It started when Gute shippe Rasul out of town. That nuked chemistry.

No fighters left
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2023 16:45
Many are blaming locker room mood
On Barry when in my opinion this stems from lack of player leadership in the locker room

Campbell is supposed to be the vet and he’s crying.
Jaire is the well paid vet and he’s sitting
Clark is a mime

Let’s face it, this fracture doesn’t start with Barry. It started when Gute shippe Rasul out of town. That nuked chemistry.

No fighters left
They go hand-in-hand. The leaderless locker room was a tinder box and the two bad losses with poor play on D were the spark to ignite it (my analogy is probably off but I trust people get what I'm saying).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Personally I can't say both Alexander and Campbell's warrants the assumption that the players are quitting. I would say Campbell's reaction seems more toward the fans and media. On the other hand, it does seem that Alexander is pissed about how Barry runs the defense.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It sounds to me like the players didn't appreciate MLF standing at the podium post-game and essentially saying the scheme and alignment decisions were fine, the mistakes were made by the players. Day 1 install mistakes, if I recall, and things like that.

MLF basically had the back of his DC at the expense of his players.

There's a level of toxicity brewing in the Packer locker room. There's no denying that. The danger here is how much longer are things going to be allowed to fester before action is taken. And what will that action be? Will it be Barry let go...or a player like Campbell who dares speak out?

This has the potential to get ugly.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
19 Dec 2023 17:07
It sounds to me like the players didn't appreciate MLF standing at the podium post-game and essentially saying the scheme and alignment decisions were fine, the mistakes were made by the players. Day 1 install mistakes, if I recall, and things like that.

There's a level of toxicity brewing in the Packer locker room. There's no denying that. The danger here is how much longer are things going to be allowed to fester before action is taken. And what will that action be? Will it be Barry let go...or a player like Campbell who dares speak out?

I didn't get that necessarily. He called out communication and then said it ultimately is his and the position coaches responsibility. His statement that said it isn't the best decision, TODAY, was a big shot across the DCs bow, in my opinion.
“If I thought that was the best solution today, then we’d make that decision,”
"When you're having basic communication problems and you're supposed to be in a certain coverage or a certain rotation and we're not getting that communication … it always starts with us," he said. "It starts with myself and it goes to all our assistant coaches. So obviously the coaching wasn't up to the standard and our performance on the field definitely showed that as well."
https://www.packers.com/news/matt-lafle ... -right-now
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 19 Dec 2023 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2023 17:09
APB wrote:

I didn't get that necessarily. He called out communication and then said it ultimately is his and the position coaches responsibility. His statement that said it isn't time to make that decision, YET, was a big shot across the DCs bow, in my opinion.
Who wears the green dot on defense?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
19 Dec 2023 17:11
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2023 17:09
APB wrote:

I didn't get that necessarily. He called out communication and then said it ultimately is his and the position coaches responsibility. His statement that said it isn't time to make that decision, YET, was a big shot across the DCs bow, in my opinion.
Who wears the green dot on defense?
Campbell or Walker. It has been both throughout the season depending on injury. Not sure about Sunday.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
19 Dec 2023 16:15
Madcity_matt wrote:
19 Dec 2023 16:03

Does it matter who at this point? I think it’s tough for these guys to go out there these last three games and play another down for this guy. I get it from both sides though.
Exactly.

Does it matter who you replace him with on an interim basis? If they suck, so be it. Joe does too.

What matters is accountability and the players clearly aren't seeing it from the HC. Letting JB ride out his contract clearly isn't sitting well with some players.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:

Potential? It is already. We're 6 and 8 with the 11th seed after losing winnable games to teams such as NY, Oakland, Atlanta, Denver and Pittsburgh. If we come out of the Bears game 9 and 8 ............ehhhhh Who am I kidding?
It's a shame that Jordan Love and his cast of young and talented receivers have to put up with this ineptness at 1265. The kitchen is awfully hot. Will be interesting to hear what Larrivee and Krause have to say on the show tonight.

What are the odds of the Bears game being meaningful from a 2023 season playoffs perspective?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

People really learned nothing from the Drayton debacle.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Dec 2023 17:33
Yep. Sweep it under the rug. Move forward aimlessly. Sitting at 6 and 8 riding the storm out. It's a helluva way to run a front office and manage a coaching staff.

But they're still putting fans in seats in the 700 sections. The waiting list never ends ..........

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Dec 2023 17:33
Who, exactly, are you referring to?

If, by "people" you're referring to members here, then who? Because I can't, for the life of me, remember a single sole who wasn't up in arms over Drayton remaining on staff when he was exposed for the inept coordinator that he was.