Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 07:54
go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 07:38
Also, if this Cobb thing has actual grit, it leads me to believe that Rodgers being mad about Kumerow is actually a pretty major gripe as Rodgers just wants friends on the roster.

Also looking back, management probably should have obliged to give a worthless roster spot to keep your top player happy.
I doubt you even believe what you just said? sure letting Kumerow go upset Rodgers, but the way it happened is the main reason, again a QB should have some input, at least allowed some for sight in WR's who the team decides to keep or part ways with, Up to Rodgers and Nelson might have been a Packer another year, I'am sure Rodgers would have prefered that to drafting 3 mid round receivers that where ultra raw.

mind blowing when QB's of far less stature then Rodgers are given these benefits and Rodgers gets the cold shoulder.
Why would I say it if I didn't think there was some validity to it?

But goodness. If it's just about "not being heard" then that is even a bigger mistake by the FO. Invite him to the damn conference room to give the allusion he is important.

All it takes is a Microsoft Outlook invite at that point.

There is no question I hope the FO learned some things from this.
Last edited by go pak go on 27 Jul 2021 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

im just not sure we have the roster spots available to give one to a guy that cost as much as Cobb and his age and production level. What, did Rodgers call Jordy first and he declined so then he went to Cobb to try to work something out? Just seems silly. If Cobb wants to be a part of the Packers org with Rodgers he should retire, and be brought in as an asst WR coach where he mentors Amari and hangs out with Rodgers in the locker room. Pay him handsomely for the role, dont take a roster spot or eat cap space.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
sure letting Kumerow go upset Rodgers, but the way it happened is the main reason
Yep, I agree here. At the very least, the front office and the face of the franchise should be on the same page. Maybe it was up to Gute to say, "You know, Aaron, we appreciate you taking the brunt of the media responsibilities, but to protect yourself from looking bad, maybe don't make any predictions on final roster spots."

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:02
im just not sure we have the roster spots available to give one to a guy that cost as much as Cobb and his age and production level. What, did Rodgers call Jordy first and he declined so then he went to Cobb to try to work something out? Just seems silly. If Cobb wants to be a part of the Packers org with Rodgers he should retire, and be brought in as an asst WR coach where he mentors Amari and hangs out with Rodgers in the locker room. Pay him handsomely for the role, dont take a roster spot or eat cap space.
No I think we should give up $8 million in cap and waste a roster spot only to hear fans complain we can't re-sign players or why our ST's sucks when our 5th WR is a bench ridden player.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 07:59
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 07:38
Also, if this Cobb thing has actual grit, it leads me to believe that Rodgers being mad about Kumerow is actually a pretty major gripe as Rodgers just wants friends on the roster.

Also looking back, management probably should have obliged to give a worthless roster spot to keep your top player happy.
I doubt you even believe what you just said? sure letting Kumerow go upset Rodgers, but the way it happened is the main reason, again a QB should have some input, at least allowed some for sight in WR's who the team decides to keep or part ways with, Up to Rodgers and Nelson might have been a Packer another year, I'am sure Rodgers would have prefered that to drafting 3 mid round receivers that where ultra raw.

mind blowing when QB's of far less stature then Rodgers are given these benefits and Rodgers gets the cold shoulder.

But goodness. If it's just about "not being heard" then that is even a bigger mistake by the FO. Invite him to the damn conference room to give the allusion he is important.

cause Rodgers is in the winning games business, he's not about to keep people around that he doesn't think can play, your making him out to be some nincumpoop, and if a QB like Bree's or some of these others have a inside track to team operations then thats the least this FO should do with Rodgers.

Murphy and Guty are kissing Rodgers ass to get him to play because relying on Love could cost both of them there jobs

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:03
Yoop wrote:
sure letting Kumerow go upset Rodgers, but the way it happened is the main reason
Yep, I agree here. At the very least, the front office and the face of the franchise should be on the same page. Maybe it was up to Gute to say, "You know, Aaron, we appreciate you taking the brunt of the media responsibilities, but to protect yourself from looking bad, maybe don't make any predictions on final roster spots."
right, none of what goes on between Aaron and Guty concerning Rodgers feelings and input about players should ever be front page news, but he does deserve to have input, some people take this issue to extremes like they do everything and act as though Rodgers wants complete control, and thats not at all the case here, there isn't a person in this forum that wouldn't want the same thing Rodgers expects.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:07
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

cause Rodgers is in the winning games business, he's not about to keep people around that he doesn't think can play, your making him out to be some nincumpoop, and if a QB like Bree's or some of these others have a inside track to team operations then thats the least this FO should do with Rodgers. Could cost both of them there jobs
Oh i certainly gather from all of this and past statements that 12 would take "old guy who is his buddy" over "new guy with more talent that plays fortnite at night instead of drinking scotch with Rodgers".

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
FFS is that all you ever do is make up conspiracy theory's.

also Cobb only played 10 games last season for 440 yrds, the year prior with Dallas he played in 15 games for 800 yrds, now we could be leary for health reason, but if healthy Cobb does produce, and if healthy he'll produce more then anyone accept Adams and maybe MVS, your selling Cobb shortand doing so to say Rodgers shouldn't have input, nice try.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

cause Rodgers is in the winning games business, he's not about to keep people around that he doesn't think can play, your making him out to be some nincumpoop, and if a QB like Bree's or some of these others have a inside track to team operations then thats the least this FO should do with Rodgers.

Murphy and Guty are kissing Rodgers ass to get him to play because relying on Love could cost both of them there jobs
Yeah I would say it's not about that. This is pretty clear, based on what we are hearing, that Rodgers likes his buddies.

But I also agree that it's a 6th WR roster spot. Malik Taylor is clearing waivers regardless and will make the PSquad. Just keep Kumerow so Rodgers has a friend. Kumerow was honestly pretty good on STs too.

Rodgers liked to flex his muscle last year on the McAfee show that he "knows talent". He said it quite a bit about Fred Warner during the draft process apparently before he went to the 9ers (of course not publicly). But I still can't get 2018 and 2019 out of my head. I mean Rodgers was HIGH on Graham. I drank the kool-aid and Jimmy Graham is now top 3 worst FA signings of my Packer fanhood life.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:18
Drj820 wrote:

also Cobb only played 10 games last season for 440 yrds, the year prior with Dallas he played in 15 games for 800 yrds, now we could be leary for health reason, but if healthy Cobb does produce, and if healthy he'll produce more then anyone accept Adams and maybe MVS, your selling Cobb shortand doing so to say Rodgers shouldn't have input, nice try.
1) I do think Rodgers should have "input"

2) I do think Cobb is old and I am selling him short.

3) If Rodgers uses his input to keep guys like Kumerow and bring back guys like Cobb, instead of using his input to get the team to trade for guys like Chandler Jones..then Rodgers input should be heard and listened to, not always acted on.
Last edited by Drj820 on 27 Jul 2021 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:14
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

cause Rodgers is in the winning games business, he's not about to keep people around that he doesn't think can play, your making him out to be some nincumpoop, and if a QB like Bree's or some of these others have a inside track to team operations then thats the least this FO should do with Rodgers. Could cost both of them there jobs
Oh i certainly gather from all of this and past statements that 12 would take "old guy who is his buddy" over "new guy with more talent that plays fortnite at night instead of drinking scotch with Rodgers".
more BS, Rodgers would obviously take Kumerow a couple years back over Brown or Taylor, and surely take Nelson over any of the 3 stooges, and friendship plays a very small part, and name these new guys with more talent, your really fishing now.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
The first thing when I think of DrJ - Conspiracy Theorist. :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:21
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

1) I do think Rodgers should have "input"

2) I do think Cobb is old and I am selling him short.

3) If Rodgers uses his input to keep guys like Kumerow and bring back guys like Cobb, instead of using his input to get the team to trade for guys like Chandler Jones..then Rodgers input should be heard and listened to, not always acted on.
Yup. Know when it matters.

There was virtually no cost to stroke an ego with the Kumerow decision. So just do it.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 07:01
Acrobat wrote:
27 Jul 2021 06:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 06:50

I cant imagine that being the stipulation for getting Rodgers to show up.

I really think its just a handshake deal. Rodgers comes back and plays and the Packers will trade him a team of his liking.
Cobb is one of my favorites and I’d be ok with him coming back for one year at the right price. The only fuel behind the rumor is that the Texans just traded for another slot WR.

Yeah. The Texans did get Anthony Miller from the Bears for a 5th round pick. So it definitely makes you wonder.

If Cobb comes to GB, my guess is we give Houston a 4th (which is basically the Texans projected 5th they gave up) and then Houston restructures Cobb's deal to "eat more cap".

Basically it would be a swap of younger version of Cobb for Houston and Rodgers gets a friend.
Is all of this speculation about Cobb strictly on the news of the Texans trading for another slot receiver? Didn't we just draft one this past spring?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:27
go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 07:01
Acrobat wrote:
27 Jul 2021 06:52

Cobb is one of my favorites and I’d be ok with him coming back for one year at the right price. The only fuel behind the rumor is that the Texans just traded for another slot WR.

Yeah. The Texans did get Anthony Miller from the Bears for a 5th round pick. So it definitely makes you wonder.

If Cobb comes to GB, my guess is we give Houston a 4th (which is basically the Texans projected 5th they gave up) and then Houston restructures Cobb's deal to "eat more cap".

Basically it would be a swap of younger version of Cobb for Houston and Rodgers gets a friend.
Is all of this speculation about Cobb strictly on the news of the Texans trading for another slot receiver? Didn't we just draft one this past spring?
haha I also think its not a thing that will actually happen

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
Is all of this speculation about Cobb strictly on the news of the Texans trading for another slot receiver?
No.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:33
Pugger wrote:
Is all of this speculation about Cobb strictly on the news of the Texans trading for another slot receiver?
No.

i just dont see that as giving the story more teeth. Just seems like "Hey Aaron would you want to play with Cobb again?" "Yeah that would be awesome!"

That i believe. I do not think Rodgers "does not want to play with Cobb again". What I am skeptical about/do not believe is that Rodgers returning is dependent on some agreement to bring back Cobb.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yeah I would say it's not about that. This is pretty clear, based on what we are hearing, that Rodgers likes his buddies.

But I also agree that it's a 6th WR roster spot. Malik Taylor is clearing waivers regardless and will make the PSquad. Just keep Kumerow so Rodgers has a friend. Kumerow was honestly pretty good on STs too.

Rodgers liked to flex his muscle last year on the McAfee show that he "knows talent". He said it quite a bit about Fred Warner during the draft process apparently before he went to the 9ers (of course not publicly). But I still can't get 2018 and 2019 out of my head. I mean Rodgers was HIGH on Graham. I drank the kool-aid and Jimmy Graham is now top 3 worst FA signings of my Packer fanhood life.
who doesn't prefer what they know versus the unknown

who would doubt that Rodgers knows talent, he's been around it as much as Guty has.

and Graham while a let down compared to his previous years was still one of the more consistent receivers we had, and the best TE on the roster, it wasn't so much that Rodgers adored Graham, it's more of what other choice did he have, and again your exagerating how bad Graham was, it's mostly that we over paid for his services, if he sucked as bad as you say the FO wouldn't have accepted his second season.
what are you going to blame that on Rodgers to?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:37
go pak go wrote:

who doesn't prefer what they know versus the unknown

who would doubt that Rodgers knows talent, he's been around it as much as Guty has.

and Graham while a let down compared to his previous years was still one of the more consistent receivers we had, and the best TE on the roster, it wasn't so much that Rodgers adored Graham, it's more of what other choice did he have, and again your exagerating how bad Graham was, it's mostly that we over paid for his services, if he sucked as bad as you say the FO wouldn't have accepted his second season.
what are you going to blame that on Rodgers to?
dude, he was awful.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:33
Pugger wrote:
No.

This is the tweet behind all of this speculation? :lol: Of course Rodgers would love to play with Cobb again but Randall isn't the dynamic player he once was and AR has to see that.