Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Has Jaire making himself a captain today been discussed elsewhere?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Dec 2023 21:48
Has Jaire making himself a captain today been discussed elsewhere?
What a horse's ass that guy is turning into. He almost blew the call into giving the Panthers the choice of getting the ball to start the second half.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So is this a situation where the Packers coaches and front office don't have a heart or is this a situation where the player just needs to speak up during the week and say..."hey this is the first game in my hometown I would like to be captain"

Communication is a two way street. Pretty striking here that Jaire was in the wrong. Just speak up dude. Speak up on Monday, Tuesday...or even Wednesday for all I care. Heck you could be so bold to speak up Thursday, Friday, or even Saturday. Dare I be bold and say speak up Sunday morning?

And yes. It has happened before where a team chose "we will kickoff rather than defer" and didn't get to receive at either half. It has happened.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
25 Dec 2023 06:29
So is this a situation where the Packers coaches and front office don't have a heart or is this a situation where the player just needs to speak up during the week and say..."hey this is the first game in my hometown I would like to be captain"

Communication is a two way street. Pretty striking here that Jaire was in the wrong. Just speak up dude. Speak up on Monday, Tuesday...or even Wednesday for all I care. Heck you could be so bold to speak up Thursday, Friday, or even Saturday. Dare I be bold and say speak up Sunday morning?

And yes. It has happened before where a team chose "we will kickoff rather than defer" and didn't get to receive at either half. It has happened.
Happened when I was a captain in HS. Kid chose the side of the field they wanted to defend and kicked off. He chose the wrong side anyway. Second half I ask the ref, my choice? "I want the ball." Kids face dropped like a rock. :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
25 Dec 2023 13:40
who here thinks Alexander respects Barry? I doubt anyone on that defense respects Barry, I doubt Alexander has since the first game of 2022, anyone worth a dang gave up on Barry long ago, they play for there own self esteem, and to retain self worth, and if your a great player, ya play when ya want to whether your on the field or not

what we are seeing from Alexander is what happens when a player loses respect for coaches, I expect this will be Alexanders last season in Green and Gold, no matter what happens with Barry, ya can get away with showing disrespect for a assistant coach or a Cord, when it over laps to the HC, often ya read that you've been traded in the sports column of the local paper, loose lips sink ships.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
25 Dec 2023 14:07
Labrev wrote:
who here thinks Alexander respects Barry? I doubt anyone on that defense respects Barry, I doubt Alexander has since the first game of 2022, anyone worth a dang gave up on Barry long ago, they play for there own self esteem, and to retain self worth, and if your a great player, ya play when ya want to whether your on the field or not

what we are seeing from Alexander is what happens when a player loses respect for coaches, I expect this will be Alexanders last season in Green and Gold, no matter what happens with Barry, ya can get away with showing disrespect for a assistant coach or a Cord, when it over laps to the HC, often ya read that you've been traded in the sports column of the local paper, loose lips sink ships.
Probably correct on all this. This regime will ship you out if you dare criticize them. Not a good look.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
25 Dec 2023 14:07
Labrev wrote:

This is beyond overstepping Barry, this is overstepping MLF.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just so unbelievably different you can just hear the full unequivocal buy in from Kraft and Musgrave and Jones and Dillon and belief in Love.

Then you got Campbell and Jaire on the other side on the same team. Like two different teams, hard to believe they share a locker room.

I 100% believe in LaFleur to get this offense to a championship level, ability to get over of injuries, talent deficiencies, etc.

Not sure where I land as a HC. He is still young, albeit tenured, but I believe he can grow himself too.

He needs to find a guy to get the defense there. On all levels, attitude, buy in, communication, schematic, all of it. Hell, even half of those.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

He needs to sit Jaire down and Campbell and let them know who’s in charge, and depending how that goes, I might send them wherever Barry goes after here.

But this can’t continue. I understand the frustration but this behavior is childish and unproductive at the very best. And tears teams apart at worst.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I disagree. Barry is an idiot. He should have been replaced a long time ago. I see nothing wrong with the players letting MLF know that Barry has to go or else. Because MLF is also an idiot or he would not have kept Barry this long. And if players like Alexander say nothing, MLF will do nothing and Barry will be in charge 3 years from now and there will be no SB rings for anyone.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Dec 2023 15:59
I disagree. Barry is an idiot. He should have been replaced a long time ago. I see nothing wrong with the players letting MLF know that Barry has to go or else. Because MLF is also an idiot or he would not have kept Barry this long. And if players like Alexander say nothing, MLF will do nothing and Barry will be in charge 3 years from now and there will be no SB rings for anyone.
I didn’t say, say nothing. There is a thing called time and place. Jaire seems to have his mixed it up. He can correct it, or he can get gone too.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

musclestang wrote:
25 Dec 2023 17:31
TheSkeptic wrote:
I didn’t say, say nothing. There is a thing called time and place. Jaire seems to have his mixed it up. He can correct it, or he can get gone too.
He probably did say something, as did other players. And still Barry is not gone. Somebody is refusing to listen.

Keeping Barry is like starting Royce Newman over a healthy Jenkins because Newman is dating a coach's daughter. If that were to happen we would expect Love to say something. We should be grateful that Alexander is saying something.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

TheSkeptic wrote:
26 Dec 2023 02:30
musclestang wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
He probably did say something, as did other players. And still Barry is not gone. Somebody is refusing to listen.

Keeping Barry is like starting Royce Newman over a healthy Jenkins because Newman is dating a coach's daughter. If that were to happen we would expect Love to say something. We should be grateful that Alexander is saying something.
Like I said, and if this was Jaire's response to that, get him gone too. This team was in the midst of a real shot at the playoffs that was still going to be mostly dictated by the level of play of the players on the field than the coach in the box. If, and I am saying If, his choice was to sit out rather than play and then act like a dink and disrespect the coaches and chosen team captains when he gets back on the field because he felt like it to show his displeasure about Barry, don't let the door hit you Jaire.

Or this could just be him being him. which the HC needs to let him know those types of actions are acceptable as a part of a team.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
26 Dec 2023 08:12
TheSkeptic wrote:
26 Dec 2023 02:30
musclestang wrote:

Like I said, and if this was Jaire's response to that, get him gone too. This team was in the midst of a real shot at the playoffs that was still going to be mostly dictated by the level of play of the players on the field than the coach in the box. If, and I am saying If, his choice was to sit out rather than play and then act like a dink and disrespect the coaches and chosen team captains when he gets back on the field because he felt like it to show his displeasure about Barry, don't let the door hit you Jaire.

Or this could just be him being him. which the HC needs to let him know those types of actions are acceptable as a part of a team.
can't get rid of the whole defense, Jaire is a extension of other more quieter player disgust on this squad.

how do a pass rush group go from 33 over all pass rush pressures against a very solid OL of Detroit, to the rest of the season so far only totaling 130, thats not even 8 total rush pressures a game, if you don't think players on this DL aren't taking plays off, well how does a drop off like that even compute?

yes PFF tends to be more gracious then PFR, and we know theirs a lot of holding that doesn't get called, still I read we ranked 23 in the league with PRWR (pass rush win rate).

the Ravens only have 121 total pressures, yet rank top 6 in the league only giving up 19 pts a game, obviously there secondary play is solid.

whatever, point is it shouldn't take players to provoke accountability for Lafleur, one of the main ingredients for scheme success is selling it to the players, imo the players have rejected Barry's plan since last year, and Lafleur went and brought him back for another year

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ripping Barry or backhanding him is one thing , making yourself captain and choosing the coin toss and declaring if you want the ball or not is a totally different level. And shows Lafleur has completely lost control of people that aren’t on his offense.

And as for “complete faith Lafleur can get the offense where it needs to be” I would say I have optimism, but no way do I have complete faith. The offense has been a mess a lot too.

And love seemed to be a mess before Tom clements came back, according to reports on how clements saved his mechanics. Not sure what Lafleur was doing with him his first 2 years.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2023 09:42
Ripping Barry or backhanding him is one thing , making yourself captain and choosing the coin toss and declaring if you want the ball or not is a totally different level. And shows Lafleur has completely lost control of people that aren’t on his offense.

And as for “complete faith Lafleur can get the offense where it needs to be” I would say I have optimism, but no way do I have complete faith. The offense has been a mess a lot too.

And love seemed to be a mess before Tom clements came back, according to reports on how clements saved his mechanics. Not sure what Lafleur was doing with him his first 2 years.
I suggest you start a thread of "hate on Matt LeFluer" because you are bringing in these thoughts on every thead. It deserves its own thread at this point.

I'm not bashing your hate on him. It deserves conversation. I just think it it deserves its own thread at this point.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2023 09:46
Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2023 09:42

I suggest you start a thread of "hate on Matt LeFluer" because you are bringing in these thoughts on every thead. It deserves its own thread at this point.

I'm not bashing your hate on him. It deserves conversation. I just think it it deserves its own thread at this point.
I don’t hate Lafleur.

My comment on trusting him to run the offense was a direct response to a comment made in this thread. I didn’t create it out of nowhere.

As for saying what Jaire did implies a loss of control, that’s just commenting the situation being discussed in the thread.

I have rejected your suggestion at this time. Thank you.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Didn’t want to start a new thread about it. What does everyone think the chances of Watson playing this week is? Championship week for fantasy and I need to figure out if I gotta play him as my flex this week or if I just stick Jaylen Warren there for the space 10 points.
Cancelled by the forum elites.