What to do with Aaron (with season now in dumpster)?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
10 Dec 2022 12:52
Labrev wrote:
10 Dec 2022 11:12
(*edit*) ^and that too
APB wrote:
10 Dec 2022 10:46

He can ask for a trade but, really, what leverage does he have?
Sitting out, wasting a roster spot.
He'd only be hurting himself if he did that.
He wouldn't only hurt himself, he'd also hurt us, by giving us one player fewer on our active roster.

Not to mention, it would probably burn the bridge with him, so all that coaching/development goes down the drain and we'll be back to Square 1 on our Life After Rodgers-plan and need to try our luck with the draft, which is always a really dicey proposition, whereas there's buzz that Love can legit start.

We may also find ourselves in a position of having to continually throw rookie QBs into action right away, which really puts a lot if them behind the 8-ball.

I don't think he'd hurt himself much tbh, maybe if Rodgers got hurt and he missed out on snaps, but then again he won't be rising bad tape either. QB-needy teams can't be choosy on that sort of stuff.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
10 Dec 2022 19:40
APB wrote:
10 Dec 2022 12:52
Labrev wrote:
10 Dec 2022 11:12
(*edit*) ^and that too

Sitting out, wasting a roster spot.
He'd only be hurting himself if he did that.
He wouldn't only hurt himself, he'd also hurt us, by giving us one player fewer on our active roster.

Not to mention, it would probably burn the bridge with him, so all that coaching/development goes down the drain and we'll be back to Square 1 on our Life After Rodgers-plan and need to try our luck with the draft, which is always a really dicey proposition, whereas there's buzz that Love can legit start.

We may also find ourselves in a position of having to continually throw rookie QBs into action right away, which really puts a lot if them behind the 8-ball.

I don't think he'd hurt himself much tbh, maybe if Rodgers got hurt and he missed out on snaps, but then again he won't be rising bad tape either. QB-needy teams can't be choosy on that sort of stuff.
we have 3 years invested in making Love all he is so far, it took about the same for Rodgers, soooo I think the 3 year groom up process is working a lot better then throwing rookie QB's into live combat :lol:

just trying to think back to the last time we put a rookie QB in or started one, was it Flynn? I honestly don't know, my point is I think it ruins as many QB's as do that survive it, ya have to wonder if Rodgers would have had as good a career, who knows, but being a great QB is 70% ( guess) mental, shatter that and it's harder to fix then a acl, so Grooming Love looks to be paying off, he looks more comfortable in the pocket and his head is on a swivel, crisp release, we all want to see more.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
10 Dec 2022 16:54
Yoop wrote:
10 Dec 2022 16:43

you is a click baiter :lol:

Rodgers has a lot more leverage then you give him credit for, Favre's departure shows how little the Packer FO wants to deal with a QB controversy, and if ya sit Rodgers and put Love in, well he better not falter, cause the media will crucify ya, there is room in this locker room for Rodgers the starter and Love as the upstart waiting in the wings, not vice versa, once Love is announced as the starter, imho Rodgers needs to be on his way somewhere else, it was the same with Farve, once Ted and Mike decided to go with Rodgers they locked the doors on Favre, I think they deal with this the same way, 50 smootcharoos is a lot of molla no doubt, but these guys know how to lesson the financial blow, I bet they don't lose sleep over the money thing as much as they do having this transition go as smooth as possible minus all the hoopla Favres last week was. :dunno:
Uhhhh...?

My comment was concerning Love, not Rodgers. I'm honestly not even sure what your response is getting at...? :dunno:
sorry, I confused that :oops:

But Love may not have to do anything to become the starter, if Rodgers wants to be traded he has a gentlemen agreement from Guty and the FO they will try to trade him, whether thats what would happen remains to be seen

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ed-to-trad
Couple things with that link you provided, Yoop.

This is outdated news. The article was published in Aug 2021.

That, and:
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that the Packers have verbally agreed to trade Rodgers if he still wants out after the 2021 season.
We’re well beyond the 2021 season. Whatever unwritten agreement existed, real or imagined as reported by these “insiders”, has expired.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
11 Dec 2022 06:38
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
10 Dec 2022 16:54

Uhhhh...?

My comment was concerning Love, not Rodgers. I'm honestly not even sure what your response is getting at...? :dunno:

But Love may not have to do anything to become the starter, if Rodgers wants to be traded he has a gentlemen agreement from Guty and the FO they will try to trade him, whether thats what would happen remains to be seen

That, and:
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that the Packers have verbally agreed to trade Rodgers if he still wants out after the 2021 season.
We’re well beyond the 2021 season. Whatever unwritten agreement existed, real or imagined as reported by these “insiders”, has expired.
so then your saying a gentlemen's agreement isn't like a blood oath any more :thwap:

something tells me that the Packers will take the path of least resistance, which is to trade Rodgers if thats his desire, if they do in fact want to start with Love next season, it does us no good to have Rodgers sit, we should make a deal prior to june 1st for max compensation ( less dead cap money, and max draft picks, then draft or acquire a suitable back up QB.

I know some, maybe not you would like to see us punish Rodgers, which is exactly what sitting him behind Love would amount to, and it just wont happen like that, we would be the laughing stock of the league.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
11 Dec 2022 11:10
APB wrote:
11 Dec 2022 06:38
Yoop wrote:

That, and:
so then your saying a gentlemen's agreement isn't like a blood oath any more :thwap:

something tells me that the Packers will take the path of least resistance, which is to trade Rodgers if thats his desire, if they do in fact want to start with Love next season, it does us no good to have Rodgers sit, we should make a deal prior to june 1st for max compensation ( less dead cap money, and max draft picks, then draft or acquire a suitable back up QB.

I know some, maybe not you would like to see us punish Rodgers, which is exactly what sitting him behind Love would amount to, and it just wont happen like that, we would be the laughing stock of the league.
I thought we already were the laughing stock of the league with the ridiculous complementary football assertions we've been recently subjected to. :argue:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 13 Dec 2022 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pugger wrote:
18 Nov 2022 17:55
Labrev wrote:
11 Nov 2022 09:29
bud fox wrote:
10 Nov 2022 22:29
Some people just won't ever get it.

Keep blaming 4 time mvp. He is the bad one. Same people have been saying it for years. Won't ever change.
The real MVP of our last two seasons is no longer on this team.
Yeah, he is lighting the league on fire in LV. :roll:
'Not four weeks later, Adams's stat-line: 82/1,247/12 ... Top-5 in all categories.

Yes, Adams was the Real MVP.

Seethe!

Pugger wrote:
:roll:
:lol:
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
11 Dec 2022 12:05
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:
11 Nov 2022 09:29

The real MVP of our last two seasons is no longer on this team.
'Not four weeks later, Adams's stat-line: 82/1,247/12 ... Top-5 in all categories.

Seethe!

Pugger wrote:
He has great stats but his team is 5-8.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
11 Dec 2022 23:19
Labrev wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Seethe!

Pugger wrote:
What's that got to do with this "team MVP" debate?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
12 Dec 2022 06:17
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Seethe!

If he was indeed an MVP the Raiders wouldn't be 5-8. I don't believe Adams was our MVP last year either.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Packers are also 5-8. I guess Rodgers can't be called an MVP any longer, and/or was not our MVP last year.

There goes that, bud fox. Sorry, I don't make the rules. 8-)
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
12 Dec 2022 09:00
APB wrote:
Pugger wrote:

If he was indeed an MVP the Raiders wouldn't be 5-8. I don't believe Adams was our MVP last year either.
What type of season do you suppose Rodgers would have had last year if Adams had left a year earlier? Do you honestly believe Rodgers would have had an MVP season?

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
12 Dec 2022 17:39
What type of season do you suppose Rodgers would have had last year if Adams had left a year earlier? Do you honestly believe Rodgers would have had an MVP season?
Was discussed quite a bit after the trade was first announced, the Packers were 7-0 in games without Adams; the offense and the QB adapted.
IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BSA wrote:
12 Dec 2022 19:31
APB wrote:
Was discussed quite a bit after the trade was first announced, the Packers were 7-0 in games without Adams; the offense and the QB adapted.
That’s the key word…

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This discussion seems to be pointing to football not being an individual sport, and may lead to the shocking conclusion that a team-, even league- MVPs need a team to succeed.

"War doesn't depend upon one man, no matter what kind of a man he is." - Väinö Linna: Unknown Soldier

Imagine that.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

salmar80 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 07:04
Väinö Linna
Thx for the illumination, gotta Finnish with a pic

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Rodgers is currently sitting with a passer rating of 92.4, one of the lower seasons in his career

However, that rating puts him at # 13, right in between Justin Herbert and Dak Prescott. Is that good enough for the Packers to win a Title ?
And would you predict Love will deliver a similar 92.4 rating in his 1st season starting ?

Some really interesting assessments going on at 1265 right now and AR knows if he keeps winning, he probably keeps playing.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player ... son-totals

Touchdown %, AR is sitting at #9, right between Lamar Jackson and JimmyG and a tick below Josh Allen

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player ... ercentage

It hasn't been a great season for 12, but in comparison to other talented QBs - he's right in the mix in many measures
IT. IS. TIME

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BSA wrote:
13 Dec 2022 11:55
Rodgers is currently sitting with a passer rating of 92.4, one of the lower seasons in his career

However, that rating puts him at # 13, right in between Justin Herbert and Dak Prescott. Is that good enough for the Packers to win a Title ?
And would you predict Love will deliver a similar 92.4 rating in his 1st season starting ?

Some really interesting assessments going on at 1265 right now and AR knows if he keeps winning, he probably keeps playing.

Touchdown %, AR is sitting at #9, right between Lamar Jackson and JimmyG and a tick below Josh Allen

It hasn't been a great season for 12, but in comparison to other talented QBs - he's right in the mix in many measures
This is probably AR's worst season (and it got worse after breaking his thumb even if it didn'tstart great). He is still top 1/3 of the league is major categories. Think about that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
Pugger wrote:
APB wrote:

no I don't, but then we probably wouldn't have won the division either.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BSA wrote:
13 Dec 2022 11:55

Yup. Perhaps Aaron Rodgers’ biggest problem this year is that he competes against Aaron Rodgers. And he can’t win that one.

Another way to put it, is that he just hasn’t met the expectations that resulted from his own past performances.

Also translate, we can win with Rodgers. We know this much. The question is, for how long? That is part of the reason that he needs to play and win in December. One element that he competes against is the Aaron who hasn’t shown much in cold weather in recent years.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
13 Dec 2022 12:58
APB wrote:
Pugger wrote:

no I don't, but then we probably wouldn't have won the division either.
You should be really just occasionally check before saying things. We played 15 games we tried to win with Davante and we won the division by 5 games. Davante is amazing, but he isn’t +0.33333 in win % good, nobody is.