Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Jordan loves qb rating is 77
Rodgers 22 was 91

Rodgers had a broken thumb on his throwing hand and would still be the better option.

Rodgers won mvp with a worse oline.

Jordan love is bad. Has always been bad. Was a bad pick.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

We also have the easiest schedule in packer history.

Also our saints win looks clearly to be due to Carr going down.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
11 Oct 2023 12:59
This is kind of a hilarious read. 2 weeks ago we were like "WE DID IT AGAIN! 3RD HOF QB IN A ROW!!!"
Well the Gutebumst basher crowd took it a different way.

Two weeks ago there was complaining about not extending Love when we should have and therefore he will be a $40 million QB when we have to resign him.

Agreed. Let it play out people.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Oct 2023 13:17
go pak go wrote:
11 Oct 2023 13:04
Yoop wrote:
11 Oct 2023 12:49

this is such wrong thinking, people say a team can win with average QB play, and my thought is show me the average QB's that have done that, you can count them on one hand, usually that guy who may have average stats plays mistake free and even raise there play for those games, it's a made up fallacy.
Right now in the NFL there 15 teams (of 32) with a winning record.

Of those 15 teams, I would say 7 of those teams have average QB play.

PIT
IND
SEA
DET
TB
ATL
NO

The whole "one hand" comment is already limiting because usually only around 12 teams are winners. But absolutely think it's reasonable to think about half of winning teams do it without upper level QB play.
player play differently game to game, who you consider average can be great one game or average the next, your relying on stats to form this opinion and stats can and often are mis leading,was Purdy average? you and others have called players average only to have them !@#$ pound us with elevated play.

this idea that average QB's can win as long as they have a strong supporting cast rarely happens, typically the supporting cast isn't able to, your hoping that these once in a while times will work for us, have you met Joe Barry, or the now challe3ned Matt Lafluer, or this porus OL, your asking for stuff that we lack in order to carry Jordan Love.
Did you just try and poke a hole in my statement with a "do I call purdy average" when SF isn't in my list I specified for you?

Read posts.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
11 Oct 2023 13:45
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
11 Oct 2023 13:04

Right now in the NFL there 15 teams (of 32) with a winning record.

Of those 15 teams, I would say 7 of those teams have average QB play.

PIT
IND
SEA
DET
TB
ATL
NO

The whole "one hand" comment is already limiting because usually only around 12 teams are winners. But absolutely think it's reasonable to think about half of winning teams do it without upper level QB play.
player play differently game to game, who you consider average can be great one game or average the next, your relying on stats to form this opinion and stats can and often are mis leading,was Purdy average? you and others have called players average only to have them !@#$ pound us with elevated play.

this idea that average QB's can win as long as they have a strong supporting cast rarely happens, typically the supporting cast isn't able to, your hoping that these once in a while times will work for us, have you met Joe Barry, or the now challe3ned Matt Lafluer, or this porus OL, your asking for stuff that we lack in order to carry Jordan Love.
Did you just try and poke a hole in my statement with a "do I call purdy average" when SF isn't in my list I specified for you?

Read posts.
is Geoff playing average, you use stats to grade QB's as though stats are a tell all, more then anything I take offense with the opinion that as long as the supporting cast is great any ol average QB will do, again Purdy was average till he wasn't, same with Geoff, I listened to you and others here claim Stafford wasn't any good, same with Cousins, so I'am a bit leery to go off your opinions of what a average QB is, and surely disagree with the premise that we just have to give Love a good supporting cast and he'll be good enough.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Who's Geoff?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Oct 2023 14:20
Who's Geoff?
Obviously Geoff Peterson, Craig Ferguson's robot sidekick:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Oct 2023 14:19
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Read posts.
is Geoff playing average, you use stats to grade QB's as though stats are a tell all, more then anything I take offense with the opinion that as long as the supporting cast is great any ol average QB will do, again Purdy was average till he wasn't, same with Geoff, I listened to you and others here claim Stafford wasn't any good, same with Cousins, so I'am a bit leery to go off your opinions of what a average QB is, and surely disagree with the premise that we just have to give Love a good supporting cast and he'll be good enough.
Okay lets get out of generalization forrest and get into the details. Details are good and details are easy because we are dealing with 7.

I didn't use stats. I used eye test and overall perception of player.

Agreed by Public that QB is Average to below average
Kenny Pickett - below average (doesn't have a 250 yard game yet)
Anthony Richardson - bottom of the league (doesn't have over 200 yards in a game yet)
Geno Smith - average
Baker Mayfield - below average (he is a traveler at this point)
Desmond Ridder - below average to average
Jameis Winston/David Carr - both are average to high level backup

QB Could be Argued as Above Average
Jarred Goff (sorry. Geoff)

I think my argument stands firm. Average QBs to below Average QBs can win games. Look at how many games Jimmy G has won.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Who's Geoff?
guess, it shouldn't take a neuro surgeon to realize I added a E, I bet you think I care if I spell stuff wrong on a packer chat forum

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
11 Oct 2023 15:05
Pckfn23 wrote:
Who's Geoff?
guess, it shouldn't take a neuro surgeon to realize I added a E, I bet you think I care if I spell stuff wrong on a packer chat forum
I have never been under the impression you care about anything factual. :rotf: 8-)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
11 Oct 2023 15:03
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Read posts.
Okay lets get out of generalization forrest and get into the details. Details are good and details are easy because we are dealing with 7.

Anthony Richardson - bottom of the league (doesn't have over 200 yards in a game yet)
Geno Smith - average

I think my argument stands firm. Average QBs to below Average QBs can win games. Look at how many games Jimmy G has won.
Agreed by Public that QB is Average to below average[ is that some sort of joke?? average goes to great in the blink of the eye and the same in the other direction in this league, lis you claimed the same thing about Stafford, Cousins, Goff and dozens of other QB's in the last decade, Cutler even, your not a person that I would listen when grading QB's, sorry.

your idea of average is not my idea of average, and if you think that will work for Love then we need to play better on both sides of the ball

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Oct 2023 15:08
Yoop wrote:
11 Oct 2023 15:05
Pckfn23 wrote:
Who's Geoff?
I have never been under the impression you care about anything factual. :rotf: 8-)
nice, the feeling is mutual

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
11 Oct 2023 12:45
go pak go wrote:
11 Oct 2023 12:17
Drj820 wrote:
11 Oct 2023 10:46
It’s the little things that we got from Rodgers that has nothing to do with passing the football that help win games. Like getting the OL set up, calling out protections, audibles. I think those helped win games last year. We aren’t getting that stuff from Love right now (understandable considering it’s his first year starting). But I think many have consistently underrated that stuff that we got with rodgers week in and week out
Do you have any specific games in mind or is this just slapping a generalization to a concept?
do you seriously doubt anything he said, if you can't grasp those realities thats your short coming not his.
Ya not understanding implicit value is wild. Rodgers was a coach on the field. That’s worth several points a game.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m a lot closer on giving up on Lafleur than I am Love by the way

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Oct 2023 16:06
I’m a lot closer on giving up on Lafleur than I am Love by the way
I concur. MY generalization of fault percentage breakdown for the sputtering offense is

40% MLF
30% LOVE
20% O-line
10% recievers

Thats without considering A. JONES

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Oct 2023 15:12
go pak go wrote:
11 Oct 2023 15:03
Yoop wrote:

Geno Smith - average

Agreed by Public that QB is Average to below average[ is that some sort of joke?? average goes to great in the blink of the eye and the same in the other direction in this league, lis you claimed the same thing about Stafford, Cousins, Goff and dozens of other QB's in the last decade, Cutler even, your not a person that I would listen when grading QB's, sorry.

your idea of average is not my idea of average, and if you think that will work for Love then we need to play better on both sides of the ball
Who in my list is above average? Who does mike from the upper peninsula of Michigan in my list think is above average?

I'm genuinely curious.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Goff is good quarterback

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

My wife just bought me a Jordan Love #10 t-shirt without my approval. And gosh darnit......I'm gonna wear it! :woohoo:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Oct 2023 13:11
Gutenbumst
:lol: Nice touch, so you know a bit German?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Saw this in my Twitter feed and couldn’t help but be reminded of our forum chatter… :lol: