Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
25 Jul 2024 10:27
So a draft pick who outperforms his draft slot is just stuck with an underpaying contract until year 4.
NFL has the Proven Performance Escalators that boost his pay above the rookie deal. That program was put on hold during COVID, but its back in action now and one example is actually Royce Newman- who got a ton of snaps early on and triggered that pay boost. TJ Slaton and Josh Myers too

https://overthecap.com/proven-performance-escalator
IT. IS. TIME

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Random whining of the day. Training camp sucks. Well, the coverage of it. BS media outlets posting a clip of a QB holding onto the ball for 10-15 seconds, with zero pass rush, throwing it 60 yards down field to an uncovered WR, in shorts, and declaring them awesome. Not to mention the WR caught it with 1 hand (the other hand had a finger up their butt).

It's awful, and annoying, and will just disappoint moronic fans months from now when their QB has taken 100 sacks and thrown 30 INTs. Plus that WR that caught it 1 handed has 20 drops and zero TDs.

Sorry, but this is the worst time of the year for football coverage. People are desperate to put stuff out there since they've been in hiding for months. It's almost all crap. Nothing to get concerned about for another month unless someone significant gets hurt.
RIP JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

paco wrote:
25 Jul 2024 13:30
Random whining of the day. Training camp sucks. Well, the coverage of it. BS media outlets posting a clip of a QB holding onto the ball for 10-15 seconds, with zero pass rush, throwing it 60 yards down field to an uncovered WR, in shorts, and declaring them awesome. Not to mention the WR caught it with 1 hand (the other hand had a finger up their butt).

It's awful, and annoying, and will just disappoint moronic fans months from now when their QB has taken 100 sacks and thrown 30 INTs. Plus that WR that caught it 1 handed has 20 drops and zero TDs.

Sorry, but this is the worst time of the year for football coverage. People are desperate to put stuff out there since they've been in hiding for months. It's almost all crap. Nothing to get concerned about for another month unless someone significant gets hurt.
The videos of Baker Mayfield overthrowing tight ends in practice last year were pretty funny. But then he ended up being good, which is more to your point that none of this matters.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lake shark wrote:
25 Jul 2024 18:36
paco wrote:
25 Jul 2024 13:30

The videos of Baker Mayfield overthrowing tight ends in practice last year were pretty funny. But then he ended up being good, which is more to your point that none of this matters.
Exactly. They might be good. But this crap is no indication. I mean cmon, are people really thinking Fields will be any good on the Steelers? Wilson either.

Everyone knows alove is the best QB in the league and will be for the next decade. Until he becomes weird or a felon in some way (as ex-Packers HOF QB's do post Starr).
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

FB_IMG_1722018023610.jpg
FB_IMG_1722018023610.jpg (58.04 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Imagine flexing over throwing a 50 yard post in practice... If your an NFL QB and can't throw a 50 yard post...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Welp, shouldn't be too much longer for Love now. Tua just got his.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Jul 2024 14:34
Yep. Get it done.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Jul 2024 14:34
Yep. Expect Love's deal to be north of this.

I just wonder if the Love camp is waiting for Dak's contract to drop, too.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is the 3rd team to ink a deal before us. I dont want the excuses. This is on the team for not getting this done. None of these other teams are having issues signing their QBs to big deals.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Jul 2024 16:07
This is the 3rd team to ink a deal before us. I dont want the excuses. This is on the team for not getting this done. None of these other teams are having issues signing their QBs to big deals.
Those teams don't have standards. Packers have ALWAYS been stingy with the guarantees and that is a good thing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Ya gotta trust pretty rickey, he never steers us wrong

Packers fan R-E-L-A-X. If they're waiting to announce it, it's because they want Tua to have his moment. There is a new highest paid QB. Rickey guarantees it and putting my reputation on the line. I'm a shareholder too #GoPackGo #TrustRickey
— Rickey (@prettyrickey213) July 26, 2024
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Jul 2024 18:18
lupedafiasco wrote:
Those teams don't have standards. Packers have ALWAYS been stingy with the guarantees and that is a good thing.
I also have standards. Don’t quote me.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Jul 2024 20:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
My god, you are obnoxious. And not in a fun way.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Gunzaan wrote:
26 Jul 2024 21:07
lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Jul 2024 20:56
Pckfn23 wrote:

My god, you are obnoxious. And not in a fun way.
:slapfight: :rotf:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

NCF wrote:
26 Jul 2024 20:12
5 QB's, one Super Bowl appearance.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
27 Jul 2024 08:26
NCF wrote:
26 Jul 2024 20:12
5 QB's, one Super Bowl appearance.
Actually, it's two.

Sounds about right.

QBs leading their team to the SB on their rookie contract is rare.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
27 Jul 2024 08:35
QBs leading their team to the SB on their rookie contract is rare.
Really? Troy Aikman, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Delhomme, Rex Grossman, Jared Goff. I stopped looking them up after Goff.