Houston vs Pack

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm not too excited on giving up future compensation for an answer that could very easily already be in our team.

3 weeks ago the need was DIRE we get a run stuffing DT. It was by far the most important thing this front office had to do.

Now our defensive line is not looking too shabby. I'm still optimistic on this WR Group.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Oct 2020 22:06
Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 19:51
Whether with the packers or somewhere else, Jamaal Williams looks like a lock to be contributing to a team next year after somewhat of a payday.

Not sure that was an almost certain thing a few months ago.
I mean Williams is good but he isn’t going to get anything crazy and I think whoever signs him he will still be in a committee role. He’s too limited of an athlete.
I actually think he could be a lead dog for a few teams, but ya even what you just said is more that some thought he would be getting to do next year. I remember chatter here that we may cut him even this season. He’s really improved and going to get picked up by someone and going to be playing in games next year imo.

Not the highest bar or boldest prediction I am giving for him, but I think that is more of a gurantee than he may have had a few months ago.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think we saw in last nights game the importance of a quality WR2. Pederson really limited DK Metcalf all night, but WR2 Lockett completely abused the cardinals. If Pederson was to basically lock down Adams, what WR would step up and keep the passing game going for us?

Whether that person is on our team now, or someone we wish we had on the roster...That would be very helpful to have on the team.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 08:16
I think we saw in last nights game the importance of a quality WR2. Pederson really limited DK Metcalf all night, but WR2 Lockett completely abused the cardinals. If Pederson was to basically lock down Adams, what WR would step up and keep the passing game going for us?

Whether that person is on our team now, or someone we wish we had on the roster...That would be very helpful to have on the team.
I mean I think the Saints game showed us just how impactful Lazard can be as WR2. Give him time to back 100% and I think we have a very solid #2 WR. On top of that, you then take away more pressure from MVS, who is clearly not a WR2, and let EQ practice more and we can quickly go from "we don't have any WRs," to.... "wow! look at our depth at WR!"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

You guys ready to give Billy Turner some love?
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
26 Oct 2020 08:29
Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 08:16

I mean I think the Saints game showed us just how impactful Lazard can be as WR2. Give him time to back 100% and I think we have a very solid #2 WR. On top of that, you then take away more pressure from MVS, who is clearly not a WR2, and let EQ practice more and we can quickly go from "we don't have any WRs," to.... "wow! look at our depth at WR!"
100%. A legitimate #2. Lost our #2 and MVS/EQ not ready or will not be legit #2s.

If Seattle lost Lockett, they would look a lot different too.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
26 Oct 2020 08:35
Definitely deserves some love. Has played well this year!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Oct 2020 00:20
Next up is the Vikings followed by a short week Thursday night game against the 9ers. I think we should do the same thing and rest the guys banged up another week to make sure theyre good to go for what was the biggest game left that isnt a divisional game. The Vikings are finished and have nothing to offer in the pass rush department and their defense as a whole is trash juice. Should be an easy win.
I really hate to start peaking ahead, but not only do we get the Vikings at Lambeau, but SF has to travel to Seattle. Hopefully that takes enough out of them that they have nothing left for us, but I still, as usual, will expect nothing but SF's best effort against us.

Read More. Post Less.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Jamal is a good back but I don't think he has the ability to turn a small opening into a big run. He reminds me of Edgar Bennett and Jones is more like Dorsey Levens with even better burst. Jones can hit the home runs but Williams is more of single/doubles hitter. That's why they're a good combo. But I can see some team throwing a ton of money at Jones if he decides to test the market. Then we find another home run threat in the draft or we let Williams/Dillon hit doubles for us.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 08:41
paco wrote:
Definitely deserves some love. Has played well this year!
Yes he has! I'm sure there were some groans when he started at LT yesterday. Think it was his first start there in 4 years. Gave up 1 QB hit, and that was it. Dude has been solid as can be.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

packman114 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 09:01
Jamal is a good back but I don't think he has the ability to turn a small opening into a big run. He reminds me of Edgar Bennett and Jones is more like Dorsey Levens with even better burst. Jones can hit the home runs but Williams is more of single/doubles hitter. That's why they're a good combo. But I can see some team throwing a ton of money at Jones if he decides to test the market. Then we find another home run threat in the draft or we let Williams/Dillon hit doubles for us.
I'm happy with having a Tony Gwynn in this offense. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
This is the first game I thought he played really well. Especially because he had to switch sides and held up against a really good rusher in Mercilles. He deserves credit for how he played yesterday.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I still want more here.
image.png
image.png (719.46 KiB) Viewed 403 times
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
26 Oct 2020 09:54
I still want more here.
image.png
I was just looking at that. I wish I could find Week 6 and see what that looks like compared to other weeks.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Russell WIlson:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Oct 2020 09:34
paco wrote:
This is the first game I thought he played really well. Especially because he had to switch sides and held up against a really good rusher in Mercilles. He deserves credit for how he played yesterday.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
26 Oct 2020 10:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Oct 2020 09:34
paco wrote:
And only for how he played yesterday. Nothing more nothing less.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Triple teaming T-unyon 6 yards behind the LOS, bold strategy.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 11:49

I'm pretty sure that's Sternberger. :dunno:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 Oct 2020 12:54
BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 11:49

I'm pretty sure that's Sternberger. :dunno:
It's Shepherd on the end around action.

Read More. Post Less.