Jaguars @ Packers 11/15/20 Nooner GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:36
go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:31
Anyone else getting a little annoyed about hearing, "lack of energy"?

No longer an anamoly.
Yeah it’s like they think it’s a reasonable excuse for poor play. Showing up to gameday with a lack of energy for multiple weeks is one of the worst things.
Everyone except AR were made miserable outta jealousy due to Bak's monster deal: "I'm so poor can't afford no juice" :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :sleeping: ;)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

JKB wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:37
go pak go wrote:

No longer an anamoly.
“Lack of coaching”
Lack of veteran leadership!
Starting with the HOF
Yeah Rodgers had some really bad balls and Adams also was really careless with the ball. Multiple drops and that fumble was absolutely inexcusable.

But the game set its tone when Rodgers overthrew Tonyan over the middle. Rodgers keeps missing his TE's and it needs to stop.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:41
JKB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

No longer an anamoly.
“Lack of coaching”
Starting with the HOF
Yeah Rodgers had some really bad balls and Adams also was really careless with the ball.

But the game set its tone when Rodgers overthrew Tonyan over the middle. Rodgers keeps missing his TE's and it needs to stop.
Aaron said that miss to Tonyan was taken by the wind. Have to expect some misses like that on days like this. but he probably should have put a bit more zip on that one.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:43
go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:41
JKB wrote:

“Lack of coaching”
Starting with the HOF
Yeah Rodgers had some really bad balls and Adams also was really careless with the ball.

Aaron said that miss to Tonyan was taken by the wind. Have to expect some misses like that on days like this. but he probably should have put a bit more zip on that one.
Yeah I mean the whole pass operation wasn’t great today in general, but today was a day to expect some sailed balls. I was more dissapointed in our run blocking and how we weren’t content to be tough and pound the ball and accept 3 ypc and keep busting them in the mouth. Team just doesn’t seem to enjoy punishing opponents to my eye. Happy we won tho.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

"lack of energy" = "we are just not as good as your/our expectation, but it'd be embarassing to bluntly admit it".

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Did Savage come back and play after he was injured?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 17:40
Pretty sure he did.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

German_Panzer wrote:
15 Nov 2020 17:32
"lack of energy" = "we are just not as good as your/our expectation, but it'd be embarassing to bluntly admit it".
Hedging the ol ‘we weren’t good enough and I called it’ stance. Not going out on limb given every team has a 90+ % chance of not winning it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
15 Nov 2020 17:58
go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 17:40
Pretty sure he did.
Yes

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If this is really how it happened, Pettine needs to start packing his bags early for when the season ends.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:18
Pugger wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:16
go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 15:49

Pretty easy to cover a punt when JK boots it 30 yards.
Was he punting into that wind?
That's not an excuse. The Jaguars punter did it and was head and heels better than our guy.
I wasn't excusing him but was wondering if the wind effected that kick, that's all.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:20
LaFleur mentioned the lack of "juice" again. Rodgers said he thought it was good (which I'm sure he was lying about). Continues to be a problem.
Yes, this is concerning. Professional athletes should be self motivated.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

JKB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

No longer an anamoly.
“Lack of coaching”
Starting with the HOF QB
So it is the job of the QB to motivate teammates?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I gotta say.

If you told me Jaguars would win the turnover battle. Score 10 points off turnovers and also have a 90 yard punt return for a TD with effectively no Adams or Jones production and the Packer only putting up 24, I would take it we lost the game.

Gotta be pleased with a win anytime you lose the turnover battle and lose a TD on a punt return.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will also say.

If you watch the defensive tape, the box score and stats will look significantly better than the film.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If you watch MLF's presser, he sounded genuinley pissed about our team's energy yesterday. Like it was the most pissed I have ever hear him.

Usually he gives credit to the opponent and everything. But not this time. He was pissed. I think it will be interesting to see how the team responds in Indy.

I also really hope we get our CBs back so Pettine doesn't have to play so much zone and play scared. And I also would be surprised if Adams plays.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Team is still winning lots of games, so hard to really complain too much. But something does appear off to my eye. Rodgers is getting to that age where instead of loving the advantage the wind and cold provides...he looks like he hates it and doesnt want to be there. Others appear to follow his lead on that mindset. The D can appear to want to tackle an opponent in the least physical way possible. Whatever way will get them down, while initiating the least amount of contact as possible...seems to be their preferred method.

I dont know, happy to have the record. And all the teams seems to have their flaws. We just seem soft to me. Indy is a physical, tough team with a bipolar QB. When Rivers shows up they are very good. When he doesnt, they are limited. We will get a good chance to see how physical we can be against another physical team.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:39
Team is still winning lots of games, so hard to really complain too much. But something does appear off to my eye. Rodgers is getting to that age where instead of loving the advantage the wind and cold provides...he looks like he hates it and doesnt want to be there. Others appear to follow his lead on that mindset. The D can appear to want to tackle an opponent in the least physical way possible. Whatever way will get them down, while initiating the least amount of contact as possible...seems to be their preferred method.

I dont know, happy to have the record. And all the teams seems to have their flaws. We just seem soft to me. Indy is a physical, tough team with a bipolar QB. When Rivers shows up they are very good. When he doesnt, they are limited. We will get a good chance to see how physical we can be against another physical team.
I don't know if I can get on board with Rodgers theory as much. The dude threw for over 300 yards which I find incredibly impressive. Everything else was spot on.

I was far more disappointed with Adams's concentration and attitude, the Offensive Line getting their asses kicked vs a weak DL, and as you stated, our defense plays like a bunch of pansies.

Others have mentioned it. The good news is there is no real SCARY team in the NFL this year. So that is to our advantage. But we certainly are not a scary team. And that is frustrating because we have the players who can be it and we are in a season where it is ours for the taking.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:21
If you watch MLF's presser, he sounded genuinley pissed about our team's energy yesterday. Like it was the most pissed I have ever hear him.

Usually he gives credit to the opponent and everything. But not this time. He was pissed. I think it will be interesting to see how the team responds in Indy.

I also really hope we get our CBs back so Pettine doesn't have to play so much zone and play scared. And I also would be surprised if Adams plays.
this defenses needs to get it's act together, that last series to prevent the Jags from scoring show the intensity level it is capable of, no excuse for them not to play like that more.

man coverage puts more emphasis on the single high coverage, guess wrong and we'll be watching kickers kicking extra points.

was glad to see Adams finish the game, the rest of the receivers can't seem to get separation consistently enough, MVS played well last night, even so he bobbled the catch on that TD, still we needed everything he brought to the game last night, will Lazard ever play again this season? WR is still a huge need come this next draft class, the Love pick just keeps burning me up..

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:49
Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:39

I don't know if I can get on board with Rodgers theory as much. The dude threw for over 300 yards which I find incredibly impressive. Everything else was spot on.

I was far more disappointed with Adams's concentration and attitude, the Offensive Line getting their asses kicked vs a weak DL, and as you stated, our defense plays like a bunch of pansies.

Others have mentioned it. The good news is there is no real SCARY team in the NFL this year. So that is to our advantage. But we certainly are not a scary team. And that is frustrating because we have the players who can be it and we are in a season where it is ours for the taking.
Yeah, Rodgers had some plays (like the int) where he looked like he wanted to get off the field and go back near the heater...but I agree he wasnt awful. I just think his body language can affect the team. It can affect the attitude, and to me even when he was playing well, he was failing that eye test.

I have no real beef with Rodgers this year. He has done very well. I was just adding him in to my theory that the team that plays in Wisconsin, doesnt seem to embrace the advantage they have of bringing teams into the tundra. And that disappoints me. I guess i could drop the harshest criticism of all...we look like we would be more fit to be a dome team. :hide:

All that said, glad to be winning. :aok: