Panthers @ Packers GDT - Saturday 12/19 7:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Overall a win is a win.

Really hope they stop playing Kirksey and start playing more Barnes and Martin.

I have not flipping idea who 3 players in Savage, King and Martin can't bring own Moore. That was absoutely ridiculous.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:40
go pak go wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:33
The offense also has gone though phases where they don't execute. MN, TB, JAX, IND and now CAR where the offense just stops for a quarter or longer.
This, to me, is our biggest obstacle; you can't go cold at the strength of your team. An offense that moves the ball efficiently is our team identity. We need to live up to it. If we have a 3&out we absolutely have to bounce back with execution and some time of possession on the next series. Can't let them stack up and expose our defense too long.
Agreed. I mean even that 4th quarter drive that we took 5 minutes off and got the figgy. Like we just need ONE of those in the 3rd quarter and this isn't a game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
The offense also has gone though phases where they don't execute. MN, TB, JAX, IND and now CAR where the offense just stops for a quarter or longer.
This, to me, is our biggest obstacle; you can't go cold at the strength of your team. An offense that moves the ball efficiently is our team identity. We need to live up to it. If we have a 3&out we absolutely have to bounce back with execution and some time of possession on the next series. Can't let them stack up and expose our defense too long.
I think there was too much of an emphasis to get Adams the ball. That wasn't happening tonight, so we needed to get it to others.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Boy, I am so not looking forward to the Playoffs. We win against Meh-Teams like the Panthers, but the How is what troubles me, considering the much better teams we'll face in the postseason. For now I just enjoy the ride. January will come soon enough.

p.s. Remember Jones' long run right at the start of the game? He didn't look pretty fast, in fact he remembered me of Lacy when he was easily catched by CAR defenders. I just ask because many "experts" decribe him as pretty fast, but it just doesn't look so. He just seems to have good vision and acceleration.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:39
Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:34
go pak go wrote:

I think our defense tonight was pretty consistent with what we have seen for the exception that we got the fumble on the goaline.

Take that away and the Panthers score at least 23 which is what we allow on average.

Hes just looking to argue
No, I am looking to put down idiotic statements.
Thank you officer p23
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Thank you officer p23
You are welcome. You still have not even remotely explained how this game was like the rest of the season and thus another example of how we will lose in the playoffs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:47
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Thank you officer p23
You are welcome, you still have not even remotely explained how this game was like the rest of the season and thus another example of how we will lose in the playoffs.
Thats bc i don’t like interacting with you. GPG and YoHo have offered good clues tho.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

They don’t have the best offense, but I thought the defense looked good tonight. They were put in many spots to give up way more points than 16.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Thank you officer p23
You are welcome, you still have not even remotely explained how this game was like the rest of the season and thus another example of how we will lose in the playoffs.
Thats bc i don’t like interacting with you. GPG and YoHo have offered good clues tho.
Sorry you don't like getting called out on the sky is falling &%$@. What have GPG and Yoho offered clues to? The offense faltered, that may be the ONLY thing that has been consistent through the year and showed up today. HOWEVER, the offense has not always done so. The defense for all it's faults and Pettine's passive play calling played fairly well. Yet you come on here after a win and tell us all some vague &%$@ statement of how this game is yet another example of why we will not will in the playoffs. Tuck that tail and run away from that statement!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
I'm not mad by the defensive peformance tonight, but definitely was hoping they would have made one more defensive stop than they did.

Really wanted to see them step up in the early 4th when our offense was struggling.

Like I said, the Panthers defense was stepping up and making plays to off the field....would be nice to see ours too.
I will say, our pass rush does seem to come alive on last drives, which is on one hand good because we need it but on the other hand frustrating because where you guys been, ya know?

And look, I'm not all smiles and rainbows; that was a frustrating game.

I'm just pointing out that we wanted to see the defense hold up its end of the bargain and prove that it can sustain when the offense goes through rough patches... and the defense kept the Panthers' score low enough that we would have won had we stopped scoring entirely halfway through the 2nd quarter (which we almost entirely did)

Rodgers played terribly tonight. His decisions were bad, in terms of when to go with RPO, when to check down, when to hold the ball. And we won. Adams had 2 drops, Lazard one that likely cost the team 3 points. And we won.

And Lucas Patrick played a "this may be my last start" kind of game. Not only did we still win, but we have viable alternatives to turn to immediately if we so choose.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2020 18:12
None of this matters.

Packers are going to put boot to butts on the Panthers. 11-3 incoming fellas.
I'm glad you consider me one of the guys. :cheer:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Thank you officer p23
Yeah it looked like you were searching 23. I wouldn't say DrJ has a reputation of only showing up to complain like others.

We can be happy with the win but be disappointed how it looked.

I think again a little slice of humble pie is okay. Especially when we still won. You could visibly tell this one erked Rodgers which I am happy about.

I think our offense needs to put up 30+ in January each game.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:54
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yeah it looked like you were searching 23. I wouldn't say DrJ has a reputation of only showing up to complain like others.

We can be happy with the win but be disappointed how it looked.

I think again a little slice of humble pie is okay. Especially when we still won. You could visibly tell this one erked Rodgers which I am happy about.

I think our offense needs to put up 30+ in January each game.
$%@#, seriously. This was the &%$@ statement: "Another example of why some people are skeptics of the 2020 packers despite the record." How was this game indicative of our season? :idn: :roll:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 19:22
I like Williams and Jones in there
Too bad we didn't do that in the second half... :|

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
19 Dec 2020 19:49
Seriously. What did the refs see to throw a penalty on 17 on that personal foul call? :idn:
I have no clue. :?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I think our defense tonight was pretty consistent with what we have seen for the exception that we got the fumble on the goaline.

Take that away and the Panthers score at least 23 which is what we allow on average.

Packers have scored 24 or less only 2 other times this entire season. 16 is the least the Packers defense has given up this season. SO PLEASE, tell us all how this game is an example of how &%$@ this team is...
you want to put down idiotic statements, you should record yourself, you could have a ongoing dialogue with yourself, seriously

obvious that J was refering to how this defense has often let teams back in the game, the offense shouldn't have to score on every drive, instead the pass rush dials it back and we play with to much cushion in coverage, why you feel the need to be condecending to others who point out obvious issues is your problem, so impressed with your cussing with every breath.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Dec 2020 22:53
go pak go wrote:
I'm not mad by the defensive peformance tonight, but definitely was hoping they would have made one more defensive stop than they did.

Really wanted to see them step up in the early 4th when our offense was struggling.

Like I said, the Panthers defense was stepping up and making plays to off the field....would be nice to see ours too.
I will say, our pass rush does seem to come alive on last drives, which is on one hand good because we need it but on the other hand frustrating because where you guys been, ya know?

And look, I'm not all smiles and rainbows; that was a frustrating game.

I'm just pointing out that we wanted to see the defense hold up its end of the bargain and prove that it can sustain when the offense goes through rough patches... and the defense kept the Panthers' score low enough that we would have won had we stopped scoring entirely halfway through the 2nd quarter (which we almost entirely did)
Yup. I have it documented I wanted to hold em to 20 points and 300 yards.

We held em to 16 points and 365 yards. So again, just a play or two we need to make when the opportunity is there.

Often times it just seems our defense beats itself with penalties on 3rd down, or the Jaire Alexander rushing when Z already had the rush leaving Moore wide open or Kirksey just existing...

I'm not so sure we hold on tonight if Crosby didn't make that 51 yard kick.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

German_Panzer wrote:
p.s. Remember Jones' long run right at the start of the game? He didn't look pretty fast, in fact he remembered me of Lacy when he was easily catched by CAR defenders. I just ask because many "experts" decribe him as pretty fast, but it just doesn't look so. He just seems to have good vision and acceleration.
Yeah, he's a mid-4/5s back; not breakaway top speed. He was top 5 among RBs in every category except 40-time. That's what we know about him. That's about what to expect from him. The vision acceleration, and ability to elude/break tackles are what makes him special, not his top0end speed.

Relatedly,. boy did Robby Anderson and DJ Moore make Keven King look slow on his fumble return. Those guys make a lot of people look slow, but not often you see 4 guys running and Kevin King, the 4.40 CB, is clearly the slowest guy in the frame.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
19 Dec 2020 20:19
If J Scott doesn’t have to punt today, does he still get paid?

No this is not a jinx post!!
He seems to be punting much better the last couple of games.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 20:25
Don't $%@# come on here again and say Dillon has no burst!
Did he get another carry the rest of the night?