Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
04 Jan 2024 08:00
Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 07:23
APB wrote:
03 Jan 2024 21:02
So can we put the “Jaire gotta go” talk to bed…?

oh yes I very grateful to be here, I can't afford to be losing 1.3 million dollar game checks, so ya I very grateful to be playing again this week :rotf:
Should I take your response to mean Jaire still needs to go?
Also the problem with the sarcastic statement is that it is most likely wrong. Unless included in his contract, which I doubt, a team suspension does not cost him a game check.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
03 Jan 2024 21:02
So can we put the “Jaire gotta go” talk to bed…?

oh yes I very grateful to be here, I can't afford to be losing 1.3 million dollar game checks, so ya I very grateful to be playing again this week :rotf:
depends, Jaire is what I consider a shut down CB, which means he can basically shut down the opponents best WR, if our DC wont use him to accomplish that, then we should trade him.
that or find a DC that will use more situational coverage schemes that will better take advantage of the ability Alexander has, other wise we just made a player the most expensive at his position to cover open spaces, and the weakest WR the opponent has.

one thing for sure Alexander has to cool down and act professional, if not for us, for his next employer

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2024 08:08
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Also the problem with the sarcastic statement is that it is most likely wrong. Unless included in his contract, which I doubt, a team suspension does not cost him a game check.
blah,blah, blah, it was said here or I read it that it cost him a game check

was right it did, however only 38 K so, chump change for Jaire.

Alexander, the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL at $21 million per season, will lose one week's pay. However, because most of his money came in signing and roster bonuses, his base salary is $1.08 million, so he will lose only $60,000 (his weekly game check) plus the $38,235 he gets in weekly roster bonuses if he's active.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/packers-s ... /story?id=

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I sensed a bit different tone coming from Jaire. I do think this was a good thing. He needed to be sat down, and he was. I think it worked. I think he'll be fine.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 08:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:

Alexander, the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL at $21 million per season, will lose one week's pay. However, because most of his money came in signing and roster bonuses, his base salary is $1.08 million, so he will lose only $60,000 (his weekly game check) plus the $38,235 he gets in weekly roster bonuses if he's active.

Noted, but it sure isn't $1.3 million is it...

Alexander also gave up a $700,000 workout bonus this spring when he opted to skip most of the offseason program. When Alexander reported for the team's mandatory minicamp in June, he said he preferred to be in Green Bay when no one else was around the team facility, so he had stayed in town after last season but then left when the voluntary workouts began in April.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/391 ... toss-mixup
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

musclestang wrote:
04 Jan 2024 08:44
I sensed a bit different tone coming from Jaire. I do think this was a good thing. He needed to be sat down, and he was. I think it worked. I think he'll be fine.
A little bit?

It was a completely different person. Will be interesting to see him the next few weeks.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2024 08:50
Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 08:19
Pckfn23 wrote:

Noted, but it sure isn't $1.3 million is it...

Alexander also gave up a $700,000 workout bonus this spring when he opted to skip most of the offseason program. When Alexander reported for the team's mandatory minicamp in June, he said he preferred to be in Green Bay when no one else was around the team facility, so he had stayed in town after last season but then left when the voluntary workouts began in April.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/391 ... toss-mixup
1.3 was a guess at 1/17 of 21 mil. thats all, your wrong, it did cost him a game check, you act like you know everything, and you don't.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I was wrong according to Demovsky. Your guess and premise was way off. Can you admit you were wrong too? Your premise was that Jaire was only being apologetic because he was missing out on $1.3 million a game. That premise is wrong. A guy who willingly misses out on $700k for attending voluntary camps isn't going to be affected this much by missing out on under $100k

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2024 09:23
I was wrong according to Demovsky. Your guess and premise was way off. Can you admit you were wrong too? Your premise was that Jaire was only being apologetic because he was missing out on $1.3 million a game. That premise is wrong. A guy who willingly misses out on $700k for attending voluntary camps isn't going to be affected this much by missing out on under $100k
sure, however, I simply said, and used a 17th of his seasonal contract dollars to say he lost a game check, you said I was wrong , that he wouldn't lose a game check, when he actually did.

Jaire, like anyone in his position, should give the impression of being wrong, his future depends on his acting professionally, you, me, have no idea if Jaire is being sincere.

I still believe only one of Jaire or Joe Barry will be a Packer for the 2024 season, if we keep Barry, Jaire is gone.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 09:35
Pckfn23 wrote:
sure, however, I simply said, and used a 17th of his seasonal contract dollars to say he lost a game check, you said I was wrong , that he wouldn't lose a game check, when he actually did.

Jaire, like anyone in his position, should give the impression of being wrong, his future depends on his acting professionally, you, me, have no idea if Jaire is being sincere.

I still believe only one of Jaire or Joe Barry will be a Packer for the 2024 season, if we keep Barry, Jaire is gone.
Let me refresh your memory on what I ACTUALLY said:
And I was wrong, I can admit that. Just FYI, you have yet to do that.

I absolutely agree that Jaire should show some contrition. I don't believe it has anything to do with money. His prior salary forfeitures would also point to that.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

we're going to find out soon enough if he was sincere or not, and I'm betting on Jaire committing to this team again.

Tigers don't usually change stripes and earlier in the year when asked some similar type questions and around when Rasul was traded, I saw cocky, don't give a &%$@, i'm telling you what you want to hear but I obviously believe none of what i'm saying body language and tone. he was basically saying this all sucks, you can see it, I can see it, but I was told not to say it, but I'm going to anyway without saying it LOL

and the most recent clip looks like a guy that looked in a mirror and said, i'm better than this, i'm wrong, I will do better. I belong on this team.

I guess it could be an act, but I don't think he's that good of an actor. I think we'd see through it if he were trying. I myself, believe him.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2024 09:48
Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 09:35
Pckfn23 wrote:

Let me refresh your memory on what I ACTUALLY said:
And I was wrong, I can admit that. Just FYI, you have yet to do that.

I absolutely agree that Jaire should show some contrition. I don't believe it has anything to do with money. His prior salary forfeitures would also point to that.
not going to happen, sure wrong about the dollar figure, but you confuse sarcasm with a simple off the wall comment which actually wasn't wrong, he lost a game check, and while that obviously isn't a motivating thing since it's only 100K, not playing and acting like a jerk does, he has to play and say what he did, or his trade value takes a dive, again if Barry stays then we are wasting money on a shut down corner

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:lol: :roll:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the 2021 season, Barry's first, we didn't have Alexander, Douglas ( memory) for 10 games, Stokes started 14 games as a rookie, and Barry's defense was much better, would seem his unit is better minus Alexander, certainly possible, if ya want to use zone and one guy's heart isn't in it, nahhh, that would never happen :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Jaire isnt going anywhere. No team has ever swallowed that much of a cap penalty in a trade of a non QB ever.
Curious where you saw that, largest dead cap hits.

For QB’s, I have a feeling Russell Wilson is about to set a new record 😛

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jan 2024 13:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
Jaire isnt going anywhere. No team has ever swallowed that much of a cap penalty in a trade of a non QB ever.

Top 3 non-QB cap hits:
Julio Jones - $23.25 Million
Brandin Cooks - $21.8 Million
Antonio Brown - $21.1 Million

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Justis Mosqueda said it on his podcast. The team would take on $27M in dead cap trading Jaire.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Jan 2024 14:33
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Justis Mosqueda said it on his podcast. The team would take on $27M in dead cap trading Jaire.
I actually think it would be $36.5.

Definitely starting to get numb to all these big numbers, that doesn’t even seem crazy to me.