Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's unbelievable to me how he settled in this quickly. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and see a stinker. It will happen at some point, as it would with anyone, but man this is a hell of a stretch! Keep rolling JLove!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 15 Jan 2024 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:25

It's unbelievable to me how he settled in this quickly. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and see a stinker. It will happen at some point, as it would with anyone, but many this is a hell of a stretch! Keep rolling JLove!
Just hold off until fall of 2024. :pray:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So the Giants actually put Mason Crosby on their Practice Squad which was super awesome of them.

Dare we bring him in for short field goals and PATs? I hate having a kicker controversy but 6 missed PATs is ridiculous.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:35
So the Giants actually put Mason Crosby on their Practice Squad which was super awesome of them.

Dare we bring him in for short field goals and PATs? I hate having a kicker controversy but 6 missed PATs is ridiculous.
And which player are you sending home at this point in the season to make room for him?

Y’all are making a bigger deal of a missed PAT than is warranted. It’s one point. The All-Pro kicker on the other team also missed one.

Is Carlson the answer long term? Maybe, maybe not. He’s the answer this year, though, and the sooner the nervous nelly fan base accepts that, the happier you’ll be. For better or worse, we’re riding with Carlson.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:56
go pak go wrote:

And which player are you sending home at this point in the season to make room for him?
Buh-bye, Royce! :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Y’all are making a bigger deal of a missed PAT than is warranted. Is Carlson the answer long term? Maybe, maybe not. He’s the answer this year, though, and the sooner the nervous nelly fan base accepts that, the happier you’ll be. For better or worse, we’re riding with Carlson.
Correct in that your not making any changes right now. Its not just one PAT. I said at some point, he has proven this year he is not the guy. I will stick by that. He has done nothing to keep his job secure. Its an area that can be improved upon next year. Nothing wrong with that.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:11
APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Y’all are making a bigger deal of a missed PAT than is warranted. Is Carlson the answer long term? Maybe, maybe not. He’s the answer this year, though, and the sooner the nervous nelly fan base accepts that, the happier you’ll be. For better or worse, we’re riding with Carlson.
Correct in that your not making any changes right now. Its not just one PAT. I said at some point, he has proven this year he is not the guy. I will stick by that. He has done nothing to keep his job secure. Its an area that maybem we can be improved upon next year. Nothing wrong with that.
Agree.

He definitely needs to be reevaluated next year. He’s definitely not secured his place going forward into 2024. But he is who they have for 2024. Crosby won’t be back. Crosby wasn’t even good in his lone game kicking for the Giants. Calling for his signing at this point in the season is absurd to me.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Y’all are making a bigger deal of a missed PAT than is warranted. It’s one point. The All-Pro kicker on the other team also missed one.

Is Carlson the answer long term? Maybe, maybe not. He’s the answer this year, though, and the sooner the nervous nelly fan base accepts that, the happier you’ll be. For better or worse, we’re riding with Carlson.
No at this point I think something does need to be done. The Rams and Lions was just decided by one point. It wasn’t a missed kick but the deeper into the playoffs the points become harder to score. I think there is something to getting a PAT guy.

You could easily drop Benny Sapp right now and not care.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Don't put me in the y'all. I have very much been in the camp of "let's be patient with him"

BUT. 2 games in a row of missed PATs. STs are crucial this time of year. One bad play can ruin a season. Carlson missed a PAT and for whatever reason didn't kick in the EZ which allowed a 45 yard return to set up a for a DAL TD before half.

These things matter more this time of year. I don't know who you sit. But I do imagine it is a thought creeping in Brian's head. At some point you switch from "we are in it for the long haul" to "we need to capitalize on our opporutnity"

But to your larger question...yes. I don't know who tosit on gamedays. The 53 is easy. The 46 is way harder. We had to inactivate Malik Heath for cripes sake. JJ Enegbare will be IR'd which will open a roster spot but it's the actual game day actives.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:16
MY_TAKE wrote:
APB wrote:

Correct in that your not making any changes right now. Its not just one PAT. I said at some point, he has proven this year he is not the guy. I will stick by that. He has done nothing to keep his job secure. Its an area that maybem we can be improved upon next year. Nothing wrong with that.
Agree.

He definitely needs to be reevaluated next year. He’s definitely not secured his place going forward into 2024. But he is who they have for 2024. Crosby won’t be back. Crosby wasn’t even good in his lone game kicking for the Giants. Calling for his signing at this point in the season is absurd to me.
Carlson is great beyond 45 yards. It's 40 and less that seems to give him troubles. That is where you would consider bringing in Mason. Just kick PATs.

OR

Maybe you role the dice and sprinkle in more 2 Point Conversions.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

losing to the Niners because of a missed kick is possible with any kicker, seems more possible from Carlson, I'd bring back Crosby and sit Carlson

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:27
losing to the Niners because of a missed kick is possible with any kicker, seems more possible from Carlson, I'd bring back Crosby and sit Carlson
I trust Carlson more than Crosby 48+ yards out
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:23
APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:16
MY_TAKE wrote:

Agree.

Carlson is great beyond 45 yards. It's 40 and less that seems to give him troubles. That is where you would consider bringing in Mason. Just kick PATs.

OR

Maybe you role the dice and sprinkle in more 2 Point Conversions.
I’d be more inclined to do this than bringing back a used up Crosby.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Someone start the Green Bay VS San Francisco game thread. :lol:

I want to talk about the Packers offense and Niners offense how they are remarkably similar in some ways. The one significant difference (and I have stuck up for him some this year) is Jordan Love is just better than Purdy and its not that close. But Love is proving to be better than alot of guys right now. The guys who i think are better is a short list and totally debatable. As a packer fan I wouldn't take anyone over Love.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MY_TAKE wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:35
Someone start the Green Bay VS San Francisco game thread. :lol:

I want to talk about the Packers offense and Niners offense how they are remarkably similar in some ways. The one significant difference (and I have stuck up for him some this year) is Jordan Love is just better than Purdy and its not that close. But Love is proving to be better than alot of guys right now. The guys who i think are better is a short list and totally debatable. As a packer fan I wouldn't take anyone over Love.
Yeah Love > Purdy

But SF Defense > GB Defense

SF STs > GB STs

Alexander will be huge. And Nixon will need the game of his life.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:28
Yoop wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:27
I trust Carlson more than Crosby 48+ yards out
I don't trust Carlson to make any kick, specially from the left hash, I'd bring back Crosby and rely on not having to make a kick over about 40 to 45 yrds, jmo

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:46
But SF Defense > GB Defense

SF STs > GB STs
Would Love to disagree with this but I can't. Our offense should give us a chance as long as the D and special teams play well enough.
I wasn't worried much about Pollard. I will be worried about McCaffrey very much. Deebo Samuel will likely be a pain in the ass too.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Carlson is 100% under 40 yards, 62.5% in the 40s, 60% 50 and over.

He's 87% on PATs for the year (85.7% yesterday)

Still think they need to keep him in the medical tent or somewhere that he can't follow the game and, when they score a TD, run him out and tell him he's kicking a 33 yard FG.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Half Empty wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:37

Still think they need to keep him in the medical tent or somewhere that he can't follow the game and, when they score a TD, run him out and tell him he's kicking a 33 yard FG.
Silverstein has said a lot this season he believes a lot of it is on their long snapper. He said last week he believes the teams in denial about the LS and that he keeps screwing up the operation with off target snaps.

I haven’t really paid too close attention but I have seen quite a few Whelan had to basically save.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:43
Half Empty wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:37

Silverstein has said a lot this season he believes a lot of it is on their long snapper. He said last week he believes the teams in denial about the LS and that he keeps screwing up the operation with off target snaps.

I haven’t really paid too close attention but I have seen quite a few Whelan had to basically save.
Orzich has not played well which is weird because he was really good in LA.

But yesterday's PAT was all on Carlson. I didn't see anything wrong with the operation preceding the kick.
Yoop wrote: