Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://stathead.com/tiny/TlQmj
image.png
image.png (27.26 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Sweet. Super Bowl here we come!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2021 16:19
Foosball wrote:
14 Sep 2021 14:33
When Favre stepped out on the field for the first time he brought the Packers back from behind and won the game.

Everything changed after that moment. Ending 30 years of misery and mediocrity. He was one of a kind.
Ohhhhhh Ya, say what ya want about that Gun slinger, but he brought a lot of excitement back into Packer football :aok:
I wear my Favre hat and shirt with great memories and pride. With new sunglasses and a Packers mask I'll be ready for Halloween all day as the pandemic continues. 8-)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Sep 2021 03:52
Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2021 16:19
Foosball wrote:
14 Sep 2021 14:33
When Favre stepped out on the field for the first time he brought the Packers back from behind and won the game.

Everything changed after that moment. Ending 30 years of misery and mediocrity. He was one of a kind.
Ohhhhhh Ya, say what ya want about that Gun slinger, but he brought a lot of excitement back into Packer football :aok:
I wear my Favre hat and shirt with great memories and pride. With new sunglasses and a Packers mask I'll be ready for Halloween all day as the pandemic continues. 8-)
Favre completed his first pass for GB, to himself :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.63 KiB) Viewed 554 times

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Sep 2021 21:59
https://stathead.com/tiny/TlQmj
image.png

Sweet. Super Bowl here we come!
Ugh...I remember that first game. Was working at that time, was mad we made Kyle Boller look like a QB.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Hahaha
Attachments
IMG_1232.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg (158.5 KiB) Viewed 521 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.57 KiB) Viewed 512 times
New meme, lol

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That whole twitter thread is a nothingburger. Like decades-long best friends got annoyed at each other. Wow. Stop the presses.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Thanks for sharing but geez that sounds like a nothing burger. However, I do wish lafleur would start hating Shanahan. Shanahan has kicked Lafleurs tail at every turn and some good ole fashioned hate in the rivalry may help Lafleur prepare and coach better. He doesnt need to see the guy as his buddy. That said, that story just seems silly.

Shanahan blocked Matt from hiring his own brother when he was trying to assemble a staff, thats why Matt should hate Shanahan until he either retires or its offseason.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Sep 2021 10:38
That whole twitter thread is a nothingburger. Like decades-long best friends got annoyed at each other. Wow. Stop the presses.
I was thinking the same thing.

Like I was looking for that "drama" moment and the biggest thing I saw was Mike LaFluer say, "can you blame him?" after Kyle said Matt hasn't returned his calls...and Kyle walks out of the office!

:shock: :shock:

How are they ever gonna patch things up after that?! :roll:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm with you guys. But figured I'd share it and its bound to be a talking point in the media through Sunday night.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Sep 2021 10:40
Thanks for sharing but geez that sounds like a nothing burger. However, I do wish lafleur would start hating Shanahan. Shanahan has kicked Lafleurs tail at every turn and some good ole fashioned hate in the rivalry may help Lafleur prepare and coach better. He doesnt need to see the guy as his buddy. That said, that story just seems silly.

Shanahan blocked Matt from hiring his own brother when he was trying to assemble a staff, thats why Matt should hate Shanahan until he either retires or its offseason.
We kicked their butts last year? In two years, MLF is 1-2 against Kyle Shanahan. MLF has a much better record than Kyle Shanahan. If anyone kicked MLF's butt it's his even better friend, DC Robert Saleh, who is no longer involved with the 49ers (but was still involved with this nothing of a story).

I'm so tired of everyone thinking the 49ers are some big bad that has our number when the new regimes for each team are totally different and have a fairly limited history. We'll see. If we fall to 1-3 against them, maybe. But if we wind up 2-2 against them under MLF, what's the fuss? This ain't Kaepernick vs. Capers.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Sep 2021 10:49
Drj820 wrote:

We kicked their butts last year? In two years, MLF is 1-2 against Kyle Shanahan. MLF has a much better record than Kyle Shanahan. If anyone kicked MLF's butt it's his even better friend, DC Robert Saleh, who is no longer involved with the 49ers (but was still involved with this nothing of a story).

I'm so tired of everyone thinking the 49ers are some big bad that has our number when the new regimes for each team are totally different and have a fairly limited history. We'll see. If we fall to 1-3 against them, maybe. But if we wind up 2-2 against them under MLF, what's the fuss? This ain't Kaepernick vs. Capers.
you seem to be in a bad mood today
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

To me it's their front 7. They have a really good front 7 with Bosa being back. Selfishly I don't want Armstead to play. But we have seen countless times the way to beat Rodgers is with a solid front 7 because it limits the impact Aaron Jones can have. Add to that the stadium will be rocking which puts their edge guys at an advantage and we may not have Jenkins or Bakh.

This is a game where I see again they will have Warner slow down Jones. Put a safety over the top on Adams and the edge and even Jones inside create quick pressure.

Even though Saleh isn't there, they have a front 7 that can hurt this offense that we have seen over the years whether it be SEA/SF in the early 2010's, MN after their LB pickups in 2015, 49ers, Chargers, Bucs, etc.

The one team we have seemed to do fine with this "style" of team is Chicago. But that is also because their offense just sucks and can't put points up to get us behind.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2021 11:12
YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

To me it's their front 7. They have a really good front 7 with Bosa being back. Selfishly I don't want Armstead to play. But we have seen countless times the way to beat Rodgers is with a solid front 7 because it limits the impact Aaron Jones can have. Add to that the stadium will be rocking which puts their edge guys at an advantage and we may not have Jenkins or Bakh.

This is a game where I see again they will have Warner slow down Jones. Put a safety over the top on Adams and the edge and even Jones inside create quick pressure.

Even though Saleh isn't there, they have a front 7 that can hurt this offense that we have seen over the years whether it be SEA/SF in the early 2010's, MN after their LB pickups in 2015, 49ers, Chargers, Bucs, etc.

The one team we have seemed to do fine with this "style" of team is Chicago. But that is also because their offense just sucks and can't put points up to get us behind.
good point, the teams we struggle against are those with a very good front 7, that take away Jones and the short game diminish the ability of Adams and force us to beat them with Tonyan, MVS and Lazard.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2021 11:22
go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2021 11:12
YoHoChecko wrote:

good point, the teams we struggle against are those with a very good front 7, that take away Jones and the short game diminish the ability of Adams and force us to beat them with Tonyan, MVS and Lazard.
I think we have two players on the roster that can somewhat "bust" that front 7 destroying us all the time in AJ Dillon and Randal Cobb.

That is the hope I am holding out for is this offense figures out another path to consistently move the chains beyond Jones and Adams.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just wanna put it out there that the most teams struggle with a really good front 7.

Agree with Yoop. The team and Rodgers need to be willing to let our stars be decoys and beat them with our supporting cast. We need to be able to apply the aspects of the game plan and execution that we utilize successfully in games when Adams has been out in games when Adams is still there.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Sep 2021 11:27
Just wanna put it out there that the most teams struggle with a really good front 7.
Yeah. And that's why I think the 49ers will win. Because I think they are a good football team and our defense has not shown it can stop the run which is the lifeblood of their offense - no matter who is tailback which allows them to have long sustaining drives and keeping Rodgers on the sideline.

Suddenly the first 2 drives that accumulate 1 1st down leads to us being behind 14 to 0 and the Packers start sweating and start doing more drop back throws.

We have seen this movie over and over. The Packers, like most other teams, struggle vs this type of team. Just as opposing offenses struggle against our defense when we get a double digit lead.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Sep 2021 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote: