2022 WR's

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Week 1 WRs on 53

Sammy Watkins
14%
Randall Cobb
14%
Alan Lazard
14%
Christian Watson
9%
Christian Watson (on PUP)
4%
Romeo Doubs
15%
Juwann Winfree
10%
Amari Rodgers
12%
Malik Taylor
No votes
Danny Davis
1%
Ishmael Hyman
1%
Samori Toure
6%

Total votes: 181

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
26 Oct 2022 21:07
We beat a Bears team that is young and can't figure out how to use its RB/QB. The Bears are sub .500.

We beat a Bucs team that isn't very good. The Bucs are sub .500.

We beat the Pats, in overtime, who were using their rookie back up QB. The Pats are sub .500.

This year's GB team is awful and should probably be winless.

Everything that can be sold should be sold. If a young WR on a rookie deal can be bought, maybe go that route. But don't think that that will somehow turn things around. That's a move to help in 2024 and 2025.
Might be right. This nucleus may have jumped the shark. They choke twice in playoffs three years in a row, they may lack the steam to make the climb up the mountain one more time. These guys may just be losers. From HC to QB on down
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Alright I need some fantasy advice. I have an undefeated team that is really rolling, but all my main guys are injured or on bye this week. I have stashed both Doubs and Watson all year in the hopes that one of them would step up and be the next Davante.

However, both Deebo and DK are injured, so I need to do something at WR. I have a hunch that all of Rodgers' complaining this week was about Doubs, but now Lazard and Cobb are both out, and Watson I think is coming back.

So what do I do? Doubs or Watson or neither? Neither would mean cutting one of them and it would probably be Doubs because I just don't think he is elite.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

texas wrote:
28 Oct 2022 17:06
Alright I need some fantasy advice. I have an undefeated team that is really rolling, but all my main guys are injured or on bye this week. I have stashed both Doubs and Watson all year in the hopes that one of them would step up and be the next Davante.

However, both Deebo and DK are injured, so I need to do something at WR. I have a hunch that all of Rodgers' complaining this week was about Doubs, but now Lazard and Cobb are both out, and Watson I think is coming back.

So what do I do? Doubs or Watson or neither? Neither would mean cutting one of them and it would probably be Doubs because I just don't think he is elite.
Can you not get someone else? I'd probably pick doubs over watson. Watson's playbook atm has been variations of end arounds

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

bud fox wrote:
28 Oct 2022 18:07
texas wrote:

Can you not get someone else? I'd probably pick doubs over watson. Watson's playbook atm has been variations of end arounds
Yeah, there is the whole waiver wire available, but it's a lot of low floor types of guys. I was hoping there was some news about Watson getting ready to get a bunch of touches or something. I just can't imagine Rodgers wasn't talking about Doubs with his comments this week and Watson seems like the obvious future star, not Doubs.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

bud fox wrote:
texas wrote:

Yep .... here we are having to stoop to scrounging for professional grade football players to fill out our roster at WR. And our QB has something going on with his thumb on his throwing hand. And now we've got people wondering if a DB or RB can fill in at the WR position. :dunno: This is clearly one of the top 25 clusters in the history of the 13-time World Champion / 100+ Seasons Green Bay Packers (since 1919 in case anyone has forgotten or is interested in a friendly reminder).

At least the losing 1950s teams had Billy Howton, Bob Mann, Max McGee and Gary Knafelc to catch passes from capable QBs (Tobin Rote and Babe Parilli).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
28 Oct 2022 18:28
bud fox wrote:
texas wrote:

Yeah, there is the whole waiver wire available, but it's a lot of low floor types of guys. I was hoping there was some news about Watson getting ready to get a bunch of touches or something. I just can't imagine Rodgers wasn't talking about Doubs with his comments this week and Watson seems like the obvious future star, not Doubs.
I didn't get that impression (admittedly only heard bits and pieces, and a yahoooo article) his main focus seemed to be with increased TEAM mistakes over previous seasons, in fact double digit mistakes a game versus 5 or 6, thats huge, obviously dropped passes are included.

We know from personal experience that the mother of mistakes are a lack of concentration, we become complacent with stuff we take for granted that we've become very proficient at doing prior, we have to refocus on each process of the task we are failing at in order to regain that success, sounds simple I know, but at full throttle what is simple?

I love Doubs ability to separate, I think he has a bright future, he just has to concentrate on completing the catch process, tucking the ball in.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
texas wrote:

Watson's problem is he can't stay on the field. He missed a lot of TC and now he can't practice during the week so he hasn't played much. If this continues for many more weeks this might be a lost season for this young man. :(

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

For the love of God, please trade for Elijah Moore.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
30 Oct 2022 14:22
For the love of God, please trade for Elijah Moore.
it seem they hope all of a sudden WAtson will be healed and both he and Doubs start catching passes, Watkins becomes who he was at one time years ago, Lazard gets open more, Cobb beats father time, and Amari plays up to draft slotting, we'll need some of that to compete with the Billys tonight.
maybe tomorrow we'll trade for a receiver no one in North America has ever heard from :dunno:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

texas wrote:

After much agonizing, I went with Doubs over Watson. Whew. Someone also suggested Isaiah McKenzie, so I considered him too (he also got a TD today), but I stuck with Doubs in the end, and it was the right call.

Also Doubs actually looked good today. Keen to see some more of Toure on the field. Ultimately I think we should trade for a good WR and a good TE still. Maybe make something of this season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Why are people so willingly wanting to give up future assets on a team that has just lost 4 straight?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 05:44
Why are people so willingly wanting to give up future assets on a team that has just lost 4 straight?
because being competitive is what packs the stands, what I don't understand is fans that want to throw in the towel and talk full house rebuilds 9 games left in the season, if the only thing that matters to them is winning a SB then they must be in perpetual misery.

people want to dump Rodgers and start all over, like QB's of his caliber grow on tree's, dump good players like Amos, others and go with a youth movement rebuilding.

we need to fix whats broken, OL and WR's and peddle on.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:05
go pak go wrote:
because being competitive is what packs the stands, what I don't understand is fans that want to throw in the towel and talk full house rebuilds 9 games left in the season, if the only thing that matters to them is winning a SB then they must be in perpetual misery.

people want to dump Rodgers and start all over, like QB's of his caliber grow on tree's, dump good players like Amos, others and go with a youth movement rebuilding.

Like seriously. Is there any player you can think that was traded for midway into a season at the deadline that turned a team from 3-5 to a SB contender?

It's not that I don't want to win...it's that this team has so many issues at its foundation, namely playing to their strengths and playing with intensity, that adding a tier 2/tier 3 WR will not solve.

Getting a WR will not make our defense better at tackling. Getting a WR will not make our Oline better at pass protection. If you can't tackle and block...you are not going to be a good football team. And we haven't even gotten into the amount of games/months it will demand for the acquired WR to get on the same page as Rodgers.

More likely than not, trading for a WR won't return any dividends until late November at the earliest and we will likely already be 4-7 going into Philadelphia by that point anyway.

So no. I am not in favor of trading away future assets on this team. I would have absolutely been in favor of it had they beaten the teams from Jersey and Washington.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 10:29
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Like seriously. Is there any player you can think that was traded for midway into a season at the deadline that turned a team from 3-5 to a SB contender?

It's not that I don't want to win...it's that this team has so many issues at its foundation, namely playing to their strengths and playing with intensity, that adding a tier 2/tier 3 WR will not solve.

Getting a WR will not make our defense better at tackling. Getting a WR will not make our Oline better at pass protection. If you can't tackle and block...you are not going to be a good football team. And we haven't even gotten into the amount of games/months it will demand for the acquired WR to get on the same page as Rodgers.

More likely than not, trading for a WR won't return any dividends until late November at the earliest and we will likely already be 4-7 going into Philadelphia by that point anyway.

So no. I am not in favor of trading away future assets on this team. I would have absolutely been in favor of it had they beaten the teams from Jersey and Washington.
:hail:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Look no further than the Raiders. Everyone thought getting Davantae would give them the division title and good chance for the Super Bowl. WRs are a dime a dozen. Our problem has been the O-line and MLF not committing to the run until last night. Watson just can't stay healthy this year and maybe he is too fragile for the NFL, but man his skills are something we haven't had here in forever. I can see why the coaching staff wanted to showcase him so that defenses had to account for his speed. Doubs will be a steady WR for us as well.

We will be playing our best football come December but unfortunately it may be too late by then.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

packman114 wrote:
31 Oct 2022 11:02
Look no further than the Raiders. Everyone thought getting Davantae would give them the division title and good chance for the Super Bowl. WRs are a dime a dozen. Our problem has been the O-line and MLF not committing to the run until last night. Watson just can't stay healthy this year and maybe he is too fragile for the NFL, but man his skills are something we haven't had here in forever. I can see why the coaching staff wanted to showcase him so that defenses had to account for his speed. Doubs will be a steady WR for us as well.

We will be playing our best football come December but unfortunately it may be too late by then.
If you recall, Adams also had health issues in his first 2 years. Watson will probably be fine but he probably is not rugged enough to be running the football very often so those plays could be saved for the playoffs.

I have no confidence in the health of the Oline now. Hope you are right about the best football in December. This is embarassing to watch.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
we need to fix whats broken, defense, OL and WR's and peddle on.
Fixed that for you.
;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
I would have loved to have one more week.

Beat Detroit, 4-5, just looks better and odds much better. Already all in with Aaron, might as well give it a go.

Lose to Detroit, 3-6, ship has officially sunk. I’d be trying to trade off Amos, Savage, Preston, Dean, Reed, Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan. Maybe even Campbell or Rasul. I’d even listen to offers for Elgton or Aaron Jones, someone goes nuts, ya gotta build for cap space and a 2025 window.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2022 19:00
go pak go wrote:

Beat Detroit, 4-5, just looks better and odds much better. Already all in with Aaron, might as well give it a go.

Lose to Detroit, 3-6, ship has officially sunk. I’d be trying to trade off Amos, Savage, Preston, Dean, Reed, Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan. Maybe even Campbell or Rasul. I’d even listen to offers for Elgton or Aaron Jones, someone goes nuts, ya gotta build for cap space and a 2025 window.
That's quite a smorgasbord of players nobody would want. Click ur heels together Dorothy and hope for the best.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2022 19:00
go pak go wrote:

?? I do not understand this. The guys you name are mostly on their last year of their contract. They give no cap space. Who are you going to replace them with? Draft picks? Free agents that are not as good and cost more? UDFA's?

Why don't you name the player who is most overpaid and most underperforming? Aaron Rodgers. Hell, neither Love nor Etling would have led the team to 4 consecutive losses as AR just did. Fixing this team starts with #12, WR will fix itself with the rookies getting experience. Oline will fix itself as guys get healthy. But that will not happen this season. All AR will do from now on is to delay the development of his replacement. Keeping AR will also ruin at least one of the rookie WR's and might just chase MLF out of town.