Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Sept. 11th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I expected Bak and Jenkins to play going into this one. I was surprised when both were out. You just can’t win in the NFL without starting quality tackles.

As for the receivers I did expect this. I thought we would get more from Watkins for sure but the entire group is about as bad as it gets in the NFL.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Sep 2022 16:50
APB wrote:
11 Sep 2022 16:49
Who was Rodgers yelling at after the play?
Refs? Maybe thinking it was roughing?
Refs, Z was late, should have been roughing the QB.

so much time consuming offense, why run a inside zone slant run, Dillon took so long to get to the los his run gap was destroyed, terrible play call on 4th and 1.

our zone defense leaves to many huge holes and Jefferson is to deceptive a run after the catch guy, we better do something about that our he'll have a 300 yrd game. we look worse then last year for the first game.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
11 Sep 2022 17:00
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Sep 2022 16:50
APB wrote:
11 Sep 2022 16:49
Who was Rodgers yelling at after the play?
Refs? Maybe thinking it was roughing?
Refs, Z was late, should have been roughing the QB.

so much time consuming offense, why run a inside zone slant run, Dillon took so long to get to the los his run gap was destroyed, terrible play call on 4th and 1.

our zone defense leaves to many huge holes and Jefferson is to deceptive a run after the catch guy, we better do something about that our he'll have a 300 yrd game. we look worse then last year for the first game.
I wouldn't say worse, but certain not any better. Again, not ready for the season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

This game is garbage but I'm not really concerned long term. We could come back in the 2nd half but this game had L written all over it, coming in.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I really don’t know why they’re playing so much zone defense. They’re clearly struggling and Jefferson is making them pay. Man Jaire up on Jefferson, even give him help, and make Theilen and Irv Smith beat you.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

One huge knock on LaFleur is that he seems to fall for what the players want and not do what is right for the team. Maybe not exactly how I want to say that, but there have been several buig questionable philosophical calls he has been on the wrong side of.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 11 Sep 2022 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Sep 2022 16:59
I expected Bak and Jenkins to play going into this one. I was surprised when both were out. You just can’t win in the NFL without starting quality tackles.

As for the receivers I did expect this. I thought we would get more from Watkins for sure but the entire group is about as bad as it gets in the NFL.
Watkins has been in this game what he has been his entire career
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I still think the points on the road in the first half is a better decision.

Could be 17-3 and getting the ball right now.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
11 Sep 2022 17:08
I still think the points on the road in the first half is a better decision.

Could be 17-3 and getting the ball right now.
That's fine, doesn't mean going for it on 4th and 1 is a bad decision. Either way it's ok, but we just didn't execute.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Dillon with the effort!!!

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

So, MLF questioned the team's effort.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This is one reason why you want that first half field goal. 17 and 14 feels very different
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Sep 2022 16:59

Back up tackles have held up ok, but the trickle down effect leaves G weak...

I expected a mess in passing game, didn't expect us to let Vikes enjoy zone coverage so much. They're using Jefferson just like we used Adams...

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Jesus Christ
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Gotta throw that away...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Two plays.

Watson catches the ball. TD

The offense converts on 4th and goal. TD

Two bad plays that, if converted, the Packers are right there on the scoreboard. Yeah, yeah, what if. Point is, this is a blowout that really shouldn’t be.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Sep 2022 17:13
Gotta throw that away...
Yes, would be nice if the OL didn't let guys run free, too
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Preston Smith covering Justin Jefferson, so creative

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Great scheme. OLB on Jefferson...