2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Jan 2023 15:19
How did Gutey, LaCoach and Rodgers tricj me into thinking this team would run the table to both the playoffs and NFCCG? Disgusting season. $42M for whar?
Hopium
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

It is difficult to know what the Packers brass was thinking. They could have IR'ed Rodgers. They knew the playoff odds were almost zero.

Then ST and the D stepped up, the team won 4 games and the season came down to losing a halftime lead and the O only scoring 16 points.

So here we are. Maybe the coaches know if Love can play but we certainly do not, nor does any other team in the league. The go into the draft with a mid round pick not knowing whether they need to trade most of the draft to move up and take a QB. The only thing they probably know is that Love is royally pissed and if they don't trade Rodgers they have to trade Love because they cannot resign him.

And the problem is that whether they trade Rodgers or Love, they are not going to get very much in return. What were they thinking? Or do they think at all?

Danny Etling must think he just won Powerball.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

In terms of playoff picture, yal think Brady would ever lose to the lions in a “win and your in” scenario? I say no, never. Rodgers is a talented loser.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Jan 2023 11:35
Well, in hindsight we should have tanked the season like I suggested. But I can most definitely understand the Packers org to go for it. Once you are in the Playoffs you have a winning chance of at least 30% every game, even as an underdog, so the odds of a SB are 0.081% even for the worst playoff team, just below 1%, and a lot of us would gamble with such odds if the benefit would be as huge as the SB. And I mean we did come close to the Playoffs, did we? It's not that Detroit outplayed us methodically.

But I do not think this team could have done anything to the 49ers other than cementing their reputation as the official b*tch of the 49ers which we are since Kaepernick/Harbaugh.
I've never heard playoff odds put in those terms before. And I agree about SF.