Milwaukee Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
09 Jul 2021 09:55
The Bucks have it in them, but it has been a struggle to play well consistently in these playoffs. It's normal to ride your stars, but is there a more useless bench in the NBA than ours?
George Hill would be looking pretty good right about now, wouldn't he? To be fair, Donte's injury REALLY depleted our depth. Not only that, but it has also put Middleton at an unnatural position. I think part of his hot/cold struggles have been because of that.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
09 Jul 2021 10:00
paco wrote:
09 Jul 2021 09:55
The Bucks have it in them, but it has been a struggle to play well consistently in these playoffs. It's normal to ride your stars, but is there a more useless bench in the NBA than ours?
George Hill would be looking pretty good right about now, wouldn't he? To be fair, Donte's injury REALLY depleted our depth. Not only that, but it has also put Middleton at an unnatural position. I think part of his hot/cold struggles have been because of that.
I agree Dontes injury has been severely undervalued for the negative impact it has had on the team, but I cant really blame the bench too much. Teague is playing pretty well imo, Portis has given us good energy and been very effective at times.

Forbes has been interesting as his playing time has steadily decreased all throughout the playoffs. We need his shot, but he shoots and waste possessions even when he is ice cold. He is sort of the Joe Harris of our team at this point.

But the hot and cold nature of the guys discussed above is just how it goes for bench players. Often they suck on the road, and give you enough to give you wins while at home.

The real problem is simply the up and down nature of Middleton and Holiday. Holiday has a contract worth 134 million dollars, and Middleton signed a max deal. You pay that kind of money to guys who can give you 25+ points and solid defense night after night, home or away.

When those two give the team 20+, plus Giannis gives what he always gives..the Bucks are the best team in basketball. But when Middleton gives you 11 points, and Holiday is a turnover machine that misses layups...the Bucks just do not have enough to make up for that, and you cant expect the bench to make up for it on the road.

Those two guys make big money, this is the time to earn it..if they do Bucks will be champs...if they dont..Bucks will lose. Its simple.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The two losses were far more due to Middleton and Holiday not playing up to their abilities than anything they’re missing from Donte or the bench. Get those two guys going along with Giannis’ continued high level play and the Bucks are every bit the team Phoenix is.

The Suns team, and their star players in particular, have been playing well. The Bucks, as a team and outside of Giannis, have not. Get that mojo going tonight at home and I have every confidence the Bucks will win not only tonight, but the series. They’ve been in every game despite playing poorly. Get clicking on offense and get after them defensively like they’re capable, and they’ll be unstoppable.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Now this looks like Bucks basketball!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I expected the Bucks to bounce back at home, just kind of surprised the Suns looked that sloppy after being razor-sharp in the last two. What a difference home field makes.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Didn't get to watch, but good to see the bounce-back. And what about Giannis?!?! Dude is a monster who's not getting enough credit for putting up numbers only a few have ever done before.

They say the playoffs don't start until someone wins on the road. Let's hope that doesn't happen until Game 6!
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:39
Didn't get to watch, but good to see the bounce-back. And what about Giannis?!?! Dude is a monster who's not getting enough credit for putting up numbers only a few have ever done before.

They say the playoffs don't start until someone wins on the road. Let's hope that doesn't happen until Game 6!
That would be the worst time for a road win because that would mean the Suns win the finals, lol. But I'm guessing you meant Game 5. :)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:44
paco wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:39

That would be the worst time for a road win because that would mean the Suns win the finals, lol. But I'm guessing you meant Game 5. :)
I had the schedule wrong in my head. Yes, you are right.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Biggest game since the 1970s for the Bucks tomorrow night I would say, doesnt feel like hyperbole saying it. I dont see them coming back from down
3-1, but at 2-2 it will feel like anyones series again.

We just need more of the same. I expect Giannis to be Giannis, defense needs to stay locked in, and either Jrue or Middleton needs to put up 25+. That seems to be the formula..Giannis be Giannis, and then a big game from at least one member of the supporting crew.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Jul 2021 09:47
Biggest game since the 1970s for the Bucks tomorrow night I would say, doesnt feel like hyperbole saying it. I dont see them coming back from down

We just need more of the same. I expect Giannis to be Giannis, defense needs to stay locked in, and either Jrue or Middleton needs to put up 25+. That seems to be the formula..Giannis be Giannis, and then a big game from at least one member of the supporting crew.
Yep. If the Suns shoot lights out like they did in Game 1 & 2, then you tip your caps to them, but I think Game 3 was more representative of their ability, so play good D, play smart on O and I think the Bucks are the better team.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
13 Jul 2021 09:49
Drj820 wrote:
13 Jul 2021 09:47

Yep. If the Suns shoot lights out like they did in Game 1 & 2, then you tip your caps to them, but I think Game 3 was more representative of their ability, so play good D, play smart on O and I think the Bucks are the better team.
I wish the game was tonight. I feel butterflies in my stomach about it already!

A game sunday and then waiting till Wednesday when there was no shift in cities seems like a long time!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Jul 2021 09:57
A game sunday and then waiting till Wednesday when there was no shift in cities seems like a long time!
I thought the same thing! Why screw up the routine now? NBA scheduling never makes any sense.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I assume it would have been scheduled for tonight were it not for the MLB All-Star game. No way the two leagues are gonna split a national prime-time audience if they don't need to.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
13 Jul 2021 10:09
I assume it would have been scheduled for tonight were it not for the MLB All-Star game. No way the two leagues are gonna split a national prime-time event if they don't need to.
Good point. I had figured the nba just wants to take as much shine as possible from the mlb as they make their finals go deep into July, but you are probably right.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Not sure I'll get to watch much. Maybe that's a good thing. Let's put the pressure on them and even this thing up!

And the only people I care are in the stands are Bakhtiari and his dad!
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
13 Jul 2021 10:09
I assume it would have been scheduled for tonight were it not for the MLB All-Star game. No way the two leagues are gonna split a national prime-time audience if they don't need to.
Conversely, the WNBA All-Star game is being played tonight in direct competition with the NBA finals.

Surprised this isn't a "thing".

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’ll take tied at halftime with how poorly they shot that 1st half.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Nice finish to the half.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

How do you not call that on Booker? Should be out.
RIP JustJeff