Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT - 10/18/2020 - 4:25 EST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:09
pack power wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:08
I listened to a couple of morning football shows and 10 out of 12 picked the Packers to win and that scared me. Guess they will not do that again next week. I hope our Packers can rebound from this and return to playing football next week.
I was very confident coming into this game.

I will be very confident going into and playing them again. This is different than the 9ers games last year. We just beat ourselves on this one and it got way out of hand.
Seemed like a little more than that to my eye
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:11
We haven't lost many games under LaFleur so far, but 3/4 of them have been BAD losses -- just total beatdowns.

The one exception being Philadephia at home last year, and frankly the refs cost us that one.

Honestly, just play the backups now, give them some live game experience and keep the starters healthy.
4 of the 5 losses ?

Philly the only close loss, playoffs definitely count

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

OK good night, folks.

What a blunder of a game. Turned on a dime from a winnable thing to an utter clusterduck... :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :thwap:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

An anomaly, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions out of it. If not for those two early INT's we might have given them what they gave us eventually.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

oof. Bad day. Silver lining is that I don't think all hope is lost if we play these guys again, unlike what I thought against SF last year. The 2019 49ers were the type of team we just can't beat, but TB is not that. TB sort of looked like a classic Arians v Rodgers team, which is tough but beatable.

The teams we can't beat are the ones that get pressure with their front 4 and then cover well enough to cause Rodgers to never throw. Rodgers definitely went into the shell today and never threw, but I think that was moreso because he threw 2 picks and got shellshocked rather than because the CBs are just so good. Also they got their pressure from their ILBs and not their D Line. So, I respect them but I don't fear them like I did SF last year.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

German_Panzer wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:33
An anomaly, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions out of it. If not for those two early INT's we might have given them what they gave us eventually.
38 unanswered kinda makes you do that though.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This game reminds me of the 2015 Cardinals game in December.

But is there a game where when Rodgers throws an interception, that he comes back and plays well after it? Just seems like once Rodgers gets knocked off...he just doesn't get back up.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

AJ Dillon was a bright spot though. They need to get him more and more involved in the game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The defense will continue to be sus until we get a quality player at safety. It’s not for lack of trying that we don’t have one. But when is the last time Amos or Savage wowed us with a great game changing play?

Amos is competent most of the time, but we pay him enough for him to give us some “wow” moments every now and then

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:40
This game reminds me of the 2015 Cardinals game in December.

But is there a game where when Rodgers throws an interception, that he comes back and plays well after it? Just seems like once Rodgers gets knocked off...he just doesn't get back up.
Rodgers is no different than other QBs. When you are getting hammered after every throw and/ or running for your life you can't really function and run your offense.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:50
The defense will continue to be sus until we get a quality player at safety. It’s not for lack of trying that we don’t have one. But when is the last time Amos or Savage wowed us with a great game changing play?
I just don't get it with our defense. Every year we say, "well if we only have this. If we only have that."

Our stars aren't playing to where they should be playing for the exception of Jaw. He did allow one play but was otherwise solid. But this defense my entire fanhood life except 2009 - 2010 has just let me down year after year.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

At least Rodgers doesn't sound like a pouty bitch during his press conference.

So that is good.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:56
Drj820 wrote:
I just don't get it with our defense. Every year we say, "well if we only have this. If we only have that."

Our stars aren't playing to where they should be playing for the exception of Jaw. He did allow one play but was otherwise solid. But this defense my entire fanhood life except 2009 - 2010 has just let me down year after year.
Yeah I wasn’t trying to say “if we just had this” I was just saying we have a 1st rounder back there and a guy we pay good money...they should be playing better and we need more out of those two positions.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2020 19:05
go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2020 18:56
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah I wasn’t trying to say “if we just had this” I was just saying we have a 1st rounder back there and a guy we pay good money...they should be playing better and we need more out of those two positions.
For sure. Honestly all our high level FAs last year are playing poorly this year. It's pretty sad when Krys Barnes is the 2nd best defensive player behind Jaire Alexander in 2020.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The most penalized team in the NFL before today was called for zero penalties...

There was almost nothing right about this game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is still a good team. At this point we do have trends though. This team cant come back when things go South.

If they can do what they want and impose their will theyll be fine. But when thats taken away from them and they need to play from behind they lose. If they play a strong pass rush regardless of coverage they lose. If they cant get any pressure defensively they lose.

I guess a lot of that applies to most teams but the trends are there in this teams losses. They do not adjust well when things arent working. The games they lose they play behind schedule, dont run much/lopsided run/pass ratio, they cant stop anything on defense, and they are usually on the road.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2020 19:22
The most penalized team in the NFL before today was called for zero penalties...

There was almost nothing right about this game.
The first quarter was fine, we owned them. Rodgers' two picks changed the game and this team did fold. That is some concern. This team could be mentally fragile. MLF needs to establish a "Don't complain, compete"-toughness ASAP.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah we have been poor and fragile when getting our ass kicked on the road in loses.

But we have also stayed mentally tough and pulled out games we shouldn't have or made many mistakes.

1. Detroit (1) 2019
2. Minnesota (2) 2019
3. Detroit (2) 2019
4. Detroit (1) 2020 (down by 14 to start)
4. New Orleans 2020 (key forced fumble by Z to win it)
Yoop wrote:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Good serving of humble pie. They needed a good ass whopping to get back on track. It was ugly but everything that could go wrong did. It started in the trenches. They kicked the packers tails in. AR folded after the pics. Our playmakers didnt make plays. Preston has been trash and Z comes and goes. They need to step up

I dont think the bucs are a better team. They got us today but we can beat them in the playoffs.

Packers need to get back at it this week and get tough. I expect a fast start and killer instinct.

On to week 7

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
18 Oct 2020 21:55
Good serving of humble pie. They needed a good ass whopping to get back on track. It was ugly but everything that could go wrong did. It started in the trenches. They kicked the packers tails in. AR folded after the pics. Our playmakers didnt make plays. Preston has been trash and Z comes and goes. They need to step up

I dont think the bucs are a better team. They got us today but we can beat them in the playoffs.

Packers need to get back at it this week and get tough. I expect a fast start and killer instinct.

On to week 7
It's a motivating post for sure.

We also always make these justifying posts after a loss. All depends on how they respond. They have two cupcake games coming up they need to win. The next big game will be SF which will be a TOUGH win. I wanted the Packers to go 3-1 on this stretch and figured the loss would come in Santa Clara. Dropping two to NFC powers would be really hard on us.

But we got our a$$ whopped after the 14 point swing. That has made my confidence in this team plummet. Our defense is bad. Unless they can get back to that pass rush magic, they are bad. And we can't do what we want if we have a bad defense.
Yoop wrote: