Packers at Lions GDT, Dec 13 3:25pm CST, FOX

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Great win to take the north. I love this teams culture and response that it's not enough. They are all in for a bowl or bust. :hail:

Good win. We have struggled in detroit of late and there are things that can be cleaned up. Most notably the 6 penalties on 1 drive.

Hope Gary is ok bc he is tilting the field each game.

Kenny clark was a stud against a top center.

Hock is the last really talented TE of the reg season.... Thank God.

Jaire is so good. Teams dont even look his way. Complete lock down

Need more from the other cbs. This is also scheme related.

Run d has played better. Big test in 2 weeks.

Need to get off the field on 3rd down.

O was on fire again. This unit leaves little out there but I want to see a 40 burger next week.... Yes im greedy.

Turner is a way better OT then guard. The run game hasnt been great inside the last few weeks. Some tough yards.

I like they tried working Austin in early. I think he is going to pop one in the next few weeks.

Teams coverage needs to find a way not to break down. This is really really bad.

Great win. 1 game at a time!!!! Go stomp Carolina

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:49
Any word from Rodgers on how he is feeling?
If you go to the Packers' website and check out his post game presser nobody asked him about it.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:48
Great win to take the north. I love this teams culture and response that it's not enough. They are all in for a bowl or bust. :hail:

Good win. We have struggled in detroit of late and there are things that can be cleaned up. Most notably the 6 penalties on 1 drive.

Hope Gary is ok bc he is tilting the field each game.

Kenny clark was a stud against a top center.

Hock is the last really talented TE of the reg season.... Thank God.

Jaire is so good. Teams dont even look his way. Complete lock down

Need more from the other cbs. This is also scheme related.

Run d has played better. Big test in 2 weeks.

Need to get off the field on 3rd down.

O was on fire again. This unit leaves little out there but I want to see a 40 burger next week.... Yes im greedy.

Turner is a way better OT then guard. The run game hasnt been great inside the last few weeks. Some tough yards.

I like they tried working Austin in early. I think he is going to pop one in the next few weeks.

Teams coverage needs to find a way not to break down. This is really really bad.

Great win. 1 game at a time!!!! Go stomp Carolina
Yes, I thought we had a bunch of D holding on that one drive, but 6? Yikes.

It was good to see Scott punting better.

When we don't screw up with turnovers and/or penalties our O is almost impossible to stop.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:50
go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:49
Any word from Rodgers on how he is feeling?
If you go to the Packers' website and check out his post game presser nobody asked him about it.
He didn't even bring it up when he talked about how clean he was all day.

So I don't think it is an issue.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Kamal Martin played less than 1/5th of the defensive snaps yesterday at 18%

:swear: :dunno:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Between playing the wrong players and the passive corner play... :kaboom:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:09
packman114 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:07
My rant for the week.... I love how the announcers when watching the replay reviews automatically assume when a player touches the ball it equals possession. On neither of those replays did the player have control until after the first foot was off the ground. It's driving me nuts and making fans think their team got screwed!

I still think the last step of replay should be at regular speed and if you can tell it's different than what the official called, reverse it. Super slow motion should be for stepping on the sidelines. No way you can convince me that a super slow motion or still frame definitively shows possession and control.

Rant over! #1 seed baby!!! 3 to go!!
But per Schlereth....incompletions are still good because it stops the clock!
If I never hear Schlereth do another game again, I will be a happy man. He tries to come across as a Bill Walsh football genius, and fails miserably.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Christo wrote:
14 Dec 2020 18:23
go pak go wrote:
packman114 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:07
My rant for the week.... I love how the announcers when watching the replay reviews automatically assume when a player touches the ball it equals possession. On neither of those replays did the player have control until after the first foot was off the ground. It's driving me nuts and making fans think their team got screwed!

I still think the last step of replay should be at regular speed and if you can tell it's different than what the official called, reverse it. Super slow motion should be for stepping on the sidelines. No way you can convince me that a super slow motion or still frame definitively shows possession and control.

Rant over! #1 seed baby!!! 3 to go!!
If I never hear Schlereth do another game again, I will be a happy man. He tries to come across as a Bill Walsh football genius, and fails miserably.
I was really surprised becuase I loved his ESPN Radio show.

But man. Stink stinks at covering these games. Another thing he talked about was "congratulating the Lions and Packers for having Walter Peyton nominees and how big of a deal that is since it is the most respected award in football."

Yo Stink, if it's the most respected, you should probably be aware that EVERY TEAM HAS A NOMINEE FOR THE AWARD.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 18:39
Christo wrote:
14 Dec 2020 18:23
go pak go wrote:

I was really surprised becuase I loved his ESPN Radio show.

But man. Stink stinks at covering these games. Another thing he talked about was "congratulating the Lions and Packers for having Walter Peyton nominees and how big of a deal that is since it is the most respected award in football."

Yo Stink, if it's the most respected, you should probably be aware that EVERY TEAM HAS A NOMINEE FOR THE AWARD.
I caught him saying that, too, and was like... :dunno:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

He also made a point about going out of bounds to stop the clock... with over 7 minutes left in the half. It's literally ticking away on the screen and he is applauding their clock management.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was super excited to see how he would do the MVS play this week because of strong game. ....well done :lol:

The Office scene was fantastic :rotf:

And the YOUR GOAT and YOUR GOAT... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Best pick of the draft.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 22:53
Better play more Redmond and Kirksey.

But in all seriousness. Really glad they are at least taking advantage of their opportunities. This will make the coaches trust them more and if they stack success....they may be in a good role by January.

I just laugh when people get mad we don't draft for first year impact...um...did you watch the 5th and 7th round? ;) :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I love, love, love Vernon's hitting. That TJ Hock got me to stand up live.

Stupid defensive penalty negated that awesome play.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Dec 2020 06:47
BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 22:53
Better play more Redmond and Kirksey.

But in all seriousness. Really glad they are at least taking advantage of their opportunities. This will make the coaches trust them more and if they stack success....they may be in a good role by January.

I just laugh when people get mad we don't draft for first year impact...um...did you watch the 5th and 7th round? ;) :rotf:
I laugh at people that think it's ok to draft players that take 3 years to develop, as though it's possible to ever win a SB with that mentality. :rotf: :rotf: you'll always be a after ran.

Scott played well, hopefully he is a vast improvement over Redmond and the other jags we have to use because the FO wont spend higher resources on the position, crips the Eagles took advantage of our crap coverage all game

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
14 Dec 2020 19:16
He also made a point about going out of bounds to stop the clock... with over 7 minutes left in the half. It's literally ticking away on the screen and he is applauding their clock management.
Hahah another thing is he gave props to a packer player (Tonyan?) for staying in bounds after we got a first down at the end of the game. That was a cool thing to do, but it didn’t matter at all...they had no timeouts left. Whether the clock stopped then or kept running, in no more than 3 plays later the game was going to be over.

I also liked stink on the radio, but he made himself sounds like a clown on Sunday.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Dec 2020 07:43

I laugh at people that think it's ok to draft players that take 3 years to develop, as though it's possible to ever win a SB with that mentality. :rotf: :rotf: you'll always be a after ran.
Can you list me the teams this year that are top Super Bowl contenders who have larger impactors than we do from the 2020 draft? Because I really can't outside of Chase Claypool for PIT. Maybe you can also say the Chiefs rookie RB, though he is not the person people think of when they think Chiefs offense.

NOW. Let's look at the players who are coming into their own and contributing on the Packers from the 2018 and 2019 draft:

2018:
Jaire Alexander - he is okay
Marquez Valdez Scantling - 600 yards receiving and 5 TDs with 3 games to go honestly ain't bad from a #3 WR. Occasionally had to be the #2 this year.
Robert Tonyan - Basically a 2018 offseason pickup. Turning into a top 5 TE in the league.

2019:
Rashan Gary - Starting to come into his own. Pressures are growing. Consistency is growing. Not quite where I would like but he is getting there
Darnell Savage - Has been one of our best defenders the last 3 games. Multiple picks. Multiple sacks and a tackling machine
Allen Lazard - Hurt most of the year but a great, great #2 option and great run blocker
Elgton Jenkins - one of the best overall OL in the league
Kingsley Keke - 4 sacks

These are the players that will elevate this team if we are elevated. If you can get that 3 players a year you can see how that builds a base of rotating stock every year. No. You don't need rookies to contribute. It's nice when they do, but if you are relying on rookies to contribute, it means you probably don't have Super Bowl on the mind for the current season.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Was always gunna be a tough year for rookies with this offseason, but wonder how this compares to years past.

9ers certainly were getting some help from Bosa and Samuel last year. Any others? Chiefs?

But definitely, the goal of any team always needs to be to get a lot of quality starters on rookie contracts. We are starting to get a lot of contributions this year and last, with guys on rookie contracts.

Last year was highly impacted by that ‘16 and ‘17 class. Kenny, Blake, Fackrell and Dean. King, Jamal, Aaron Jones, Montravious.

Those are really good draft classes. Top end talent, Kenny and Aaron; above average starters, King and Blake, then quality snaps, Fackrell, Dean, Jamal, Monty (when healthy).

Shame how bad we whiffed in the 2nd round with Spriggs and Josh Jones, but overall, those are very good draft classes.

Looking at ‘18, another top end talent in Jaire then just some guys in Jackson and Burks at this spot, maybe still something in MVS.

But yeah, not surprising we are and have been successful, also not surprising we were unsuccessful in 2018 looking at that ‘2015 draft. Especially throwing in Lazard and Tonyan.