Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Feb 2022 13:23
go pak go wrote:
21 Feb 2022 11:33
Yeah. It's honestly very easy to find a weakness on a team because every team has weaknesses. The Rams had more weaknesses than the Packers.

The trick is your strengths need to cover up your weaknesses and find ways to win despite the weaknesses. Our 2010 team's weakness was complete lack of RB and TE. Yet our WR passing attack, a surprise from Starks and especially our defense limiting the opponent and creating turnovers and points were enough to overcome those weaknesses.

This latest generation of team also has weaknesses. It was STs, Oline, TE and WR behind Adams. But man did we have tremendous strengths in All Pro's at the top of the offensive roster and a potentially elite defense.

The defense did everything they needed to do beyond simply creating a TO in scoring range or scoring themselves. The challenge then is for the offense to even put up below their standard of production. It's not that we needed more than 24 points to win. They needed just two TDs. With the fire power at the top of the offensive roster, it is expected that Rodgers, Adams, Jones can get you that. But they fell very short of that. The production after the Lewis fumble was just atrocious if you exclude the one outlier play.

To win it all, you need your best players to make awesome plays. Our defense did. Our offense did not. That is the bigger failure than the roster not having an additional player at WR spot.

My largest gripe from that game on offense was missing the open WR, obviously, but more importantly not taking advantage of the check downs on early downs to keep the chains manageable. We were set up on 3rd and 7 or longer far too much and the result was a sack every time. The offense was just executed so poorly.
the Rams are loaded with Talent, your wrong about this point, they have the #1 defense and thats why we didn't complete these available dump offs to keep the chains moving you claim where available because most of the time they weren't open, I've watched this game a few times, and the Rams shut down lber level zones very well, other then Jones several times and Lewis no one else was open that stood out to me.

our run game really took a hit when we lost Dillon, Jones had a few nice Carry's but that Ram defense kept that in check.

to me it's a good debate to say the Rams had the best roster in the league, PFF thought so and named 7 of there players in there top 101 :idn:
:idn:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yeah. It's honestly very easy to find a weakness on a team because every team has weaknesses. The Rams had more weaknesses than the Packers.

The trick is your strengths need to cover up your weaknesses and find ways to win despite the weaknesses. Our 2010 team's weakness was complete lack of RB and TE. Yet our WR passing attack, a surprise from Starks and especially our defense limiting the opponent and creating turnovers and points were enough to overcome those weaknesses.

This latest generation of team also has weaknesses. It was STs, Oline, TE and WR behind Adams. But man did we have tremendous strengths in All Pro's at the top of the offensive roster and a potentially elite defense.

The defense did everything they needed to do beyond simply creating a TO in scoring range or scoring themselves. The challenge then is for the offense to even put up below their standard of production. It's not that we needed more than 24 points to win. They needed just two TDs. With the fire power at the top of the offensive roster, it is expected that Rodgers, Adams, Jones can get you that. But they fell very short of that. The production after the Lewis fumble was just atrocious if you exclude the one outlier play.

To win it all, you need your best players to make awesome plays. Our defense did. Our offense did not. That is the bigger failure than the roster not having an additional player at WR spot.

My largest gripe from that game on offense was missing the open WR, obviously, but more importantly not taking advantage of the check downs on early downs to keep the chains manageable. We were set up on 3rd and 7 or longer far too much and the result was a sack every time. The offense was just executed so poorly.
the Rams are loaded with Talent, your wrong about this point, they have the #1 defense and thats why we didn't complete these available dump offs to keep the chains moving you claim where available because most of the time they weren't open, I've watched this game a few times, and the Rams shut down lber level zones very well, other then Jones several times and Lewis no one else was open that stood out to me.

our run game really took a hit when we lost Dillon, Jones had a few nice Carry's but that Ram defense kept that in check.

to me it's a good debate to say the Rams had the best roster in the league, PFF thought so and named 7 of there players in there top 101 :idn:
Who is it you think we played in this game you watched a few times?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 13:28
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The Rams.

Clearly you should stop talking BF as it sounds like you didn't even watch the game!
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 13:28
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

whoops goofed up, still I stand by the Rams have more talent, and also we didn't have open receivers against SF

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So your defense the Rams has more talent than us is we both equally had 7 players rank in the top 100 this year (granted we had Bakhtiari, Jaire and Za'Darius, all previous members of that club miss about the entire year) and they beat us in the playoffs?

Guess I'll just have to take your word for it. :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 13:45
So your defense the Rams has more talent than us is we both equally had 7 players rank in the top 100 this year (granted we had Bakhtiari, Jaire and Za'Darius, all previous members of that club miss about the entire year) and they beat us in the playoffs?

And we were beating the Rams 36 - 17 in the 4th quarter based on the only game we played this year.

But still. They have better talent.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

we only had 5 according to last I looked, :lol: Rodgers, Adams, Jones, Dillon, and Campbell, if we could add in Bakh, Alex, and Z then I'am pretty sure we could have over come not having a better #2 receiver, maybe. :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Every team has weaknesses, you just hope your strengths over shadow those weaknesses. Perfectly stated by GPG.

Only issue im debating is a meme that implied Lazard was some underrated WR. I think hes properly rated. He put up 6 yards in a playoff game. Nothing i said implies I dont think the team was good enough to win or anything. I just think Adams carried Lazard in the stat the two of them were combined together to make for a meme
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Feb 2022 13:57
BF004 wrote:

we only had 5 according to last I looked, :lol: Rodgers, Adams, Jones, Dillon, and Campbell, if we could add in Bakh, Alex, and Z then I'am pretty sure we could have over come not having a better #2 receiver, maybe. :lol:
Again I question how many times you watched the game. Because "Alex" and Z both played in the postseason.

Z even got a sack.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Feb 2022 14:15
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Again I question how many times you watched the game. Because "Alex" and Z both played in the postseason.

Z even got a sack.
just stop, neither was listed in this years PFF 101, Z had a sack and that was it, and Alex didn't do anything to stand out either, point is you said we had a better roster then the Rams and you where wrong about that.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Preston (92) and Gary (34) made it too.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-101-to ... nfl-season

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Feb 2022 14:29
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Z even got a sack.
just stop, neither was listed in this years PFF 101, Z had a sack and that was it, and Alex didn't do anything to stand out either, point is you said we had a better roster then the Rams and you where wrong about that.
I don't know what to tell you dude. We had 7 actual players in the top 100 according to your list and BF's correction. Plus two more that weren't on the list but played and you admitted makes us better than the Rams. Plus we easily beat the Rams when we actually played them.

I don't know on what planet anyone can confidently say the Rams were a more talented team than the Packers. Everything that has been brought up supporting this has just been incorrect.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Z even got a sack.
Well no, he didn't say we were better than the Rams, he didn't imply either way. It was actually you who declared the Rams had a better roster and listed two pieces of evidence, one doesn't help your argument at all (having 7 players in the top 100) and the other source only existed in your dome.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Both the Packers and Rams had rosters good enough to win a SB.

Lazard is a good guy to have on the team but you would like to have an additional playmaker at the WR position so teams cant just triple team Adams. Lazard isnt scaring anybody on defense, he will block for a running back though :aok:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 14:41
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Preston (92) and Gary (34) made it too.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-101-to ... nfl-season
yep, your right, I either got some bad info, or I mis read it, Gary was pretty high, and how about Aaron Donald, 5 -100 plus, pass rush season out of 6 years, phenominal

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop wrote:
21 Feb 2022 13:35
The Rams had more weaknesses than the Packers.
that implys a better roster, thats how I took it, for god sacks we had the worst ST's in the league, they had the best defense and the numero ono WR in the league, best DT, I think most would consider there talent level a tad higher.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
21 Feb 2022 14:51
Yoop wrote:
that implys a better roster, thats how I took it, for god sacks we had the worst ST's in the league, they had the best defense and the numero ono WR in the league, best DT, I think most would consider there talent level a tad higher.
Remember all the talent talk around Thanksgiving when they had lost three straight games? Winning hides a lot.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
Yoop wrote:
It just takes no effort to say the Super Bowl champions had a better roster in hindsight, then just say things you think are evidence in support of it.

You still really haven't said anything substantial other than ST which everyone on the planet will grant you. But other than that, just two things that don't matter we've gone over. Make up a stat about about their defensive ranking that isn't true, then just say god sacks, they had this guy.

I am sure there is a ton of evidence stating the Rams had a better roster, I just haven't seen you provide one other than special teams. And there is a fair amount of data as well indicating the Packers roster was better, but the Rams stepped up when they needed too, the Packers didn't when it mattered most. I mean the Packers basically lost on the last play and Rams won all of their last 3 games within the last few seconds. There is a luck and simply any given Sunday factors at play in such close games.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 15:08
Yoop wrote:
Yoop wrote:
It just takes no effort to say the Super Bowl champions had a better roster in hindsight, then just say things you think are evidence in support of it.

You still really haven't said anything substantial other than ST which everyone on the planet will grant you. But other than that, just two things that don't matter we've gone over. Make up a stat about about their defensive ranking that isn't true, then just say god sacks, they had this guy.

I am sure there is a ton of evidence stating the Rams had a better roster, I just haven't seen you provide one other than special teams. And there is a fair amount of data as well indicating the Packers roster was better, but the Rams stepped up when they needed too, the Packers didn't when it mattered most. I mean the Packers basically lost on the last play and Rams won all of their last 3 games within the last few seconds. There is a luck and simply any given Sunday factors at play in such close games.
Ok, I have to admit I'am not sure where I read they had the #1 defense but it seems thats wrong to, they simply where able to come up with a lot of game changing type plays, seems the #1 defense varies depending where you look.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
21 Feb 2022 14:44
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Z even got a sack.
I don't know what to tell you dude. We had 7 actual players in the top 100 according to your list and BF's correction. Plus two more that weren't on the list but played and you admitted makes us better than the Rams. Plus we easily beat the Rams when we actually played them.

I don't know on what planet anyone can confidently say the Rams were a more talented team than the Packers. Everything that has been brought up supporting this has just been incorrect.
I don't think the Rams were better than us this year either. Their offense performed better in the postseason than we did, that's all.