Packers @ Dolphins GDT: Sunday, Dec. 25th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Just a ridiculous throw!

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 26 Dec 2022 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Holy smokes what a game.

Rodgers played very poorly the first half. Absolutely an intense struggle. His throws. His reads. etc. It was poor play, but his play did improve in the 2nd half. Had a few plays he needed back but also had some freaking dimes. That Mercedes Lewis ball may be the best throw I have ever seen. The margin for error on effectively a left tackle doing a wheel route is so, so small. He put the ball at the only place he could put it.

The defense also played terrible the first quarter. Definitely was on the "here we go again" train. Just poor tackling. Poor run lane control and Waddle/Hill had a day. Thought they really tightened up though after that. Even in the 2nd quarter, it was more about great plays from Tua than it was our defense screwing up.

Thought Davonte Wyatt had a really good game. He just has a few plays that he simply dominates.

Adrian Amos is showing his age. Man he is struggling. He was just so outmatched vs the Dolphins speed.

I do believe we are making the postseason. Can we play spoiler in SF? I mean it's time, but I can very much see Nick Bosa absolutely eating Aaron alive.

There are a lot reasons to be excited for this team and its future. There also a lot of gaps that need to be filled.

I don't buy the "get hot at the right time" because MLF has never lost in December (which is incredible). So we are always "hot" going into the postseason and it didn't really do anything for us. It's just that being undefeated in December isn't viewed as "hot" when you already are 13-3 because you are always winning.
Last edited by go pak go on 26 Dec 2022 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I thought Royce Newman did a fantastic job being thrown into the fire at RT. Looked far more comfortable than the last time he played that spot and I think that might actually be his best position.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
26 Dec 2022 12:22
I thought Royce Newman did a fantastic job being thrown into the fire at RT.
He done good.
The real test comes on Sunday after the edge guys have a week to study him. Maybe we get Bak back and Tom gets the call at RT ?
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Nagler:

"Royce Newman held up much better than I expected him to yesterday. Obviously need Yosh back but the fact that they could, for the most part, continue to run the offense without major concessions is a real testament to the work he did coming off the bench."
IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Lazard looked confused enough not to draw the taunting call :rotf:
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 11:19

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Y’all realize by now that the sudden improvement of the defense means that we will still have Barry in 2023.

Just pull out my hair now.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Dec 2022 14:54
Y’all realize by now that the sudden improvement of the defense means that we will still have Barry in 2023.

I'am ready to fire Lafleur because of Barry, I don't see him coming back no matter what, we are in the bottom 3rd of the league in every stats that matters, since the offense is starting to better themselves and we have a slim chance of making the PO's the defensive players are rising to the challenge, for a few weeks a month ago some of the players looked like they quit on Barry, his zone schemes allow quality receivers to just rip apart our secondary, and his refusal to use base fronts to stop the run has cost us 2 or 3 games this season.

If I where Lafleur I'd be looking for a DC right now no matter what happens the rest of the year

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
26 Dec 2022 15:22
Scott4Pack wrote:

I'am ready to fire Lafleur because of Barry, I don't see him coming back no matter what, we are in the bottom 3rd of the league in every stats that matters, since the offense is starting to better themselves and we have a slim chance of making the PO's the defensive players are rising to the challenge, for a few weeks a month ago some of the players looked like they quit on Barry, his zone schemes allow quality receivers to just rip apart our secondary, and his refusal to use base fronts to stop the run has cost us 2 or 3 games this season.

If I where Lafleur I'd be looking for a DC right now no matter what happens the rest of the year
So would I. But did you see the hug that MLF gave to Barry after that third INT? So, firing isn’t going to happen; at least not by MLF’s direction. It’d have to come from above.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Dec 2022 15:28
Yoop wrote:
26 Dec 2022 15:22
Scott4Pack wrote:

So would I. But did you see the hug that MLF gave to Barry after that third INT? So, firing isn’t going to happen; at least not by MLF’s direction. It’d have to come from above.
ehhh, a hug is something that happens spur of the moment, HC's do a grading thing with the cords and assistants at the end of the season, and Matt has had to talk to Barry about changing tactics several times this season, that will high light his Barry grading imo. :)

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I think it's a little bit crazy to be rooting for us to lose so that we can get a better draft position or to be disappointed because our defense got better.

We're obviously not elite, but you don't throw in the towel when you've got a shot. Teams have made SB runs with less. I thought when we played Philly, we could have won. There is no dominant team this year in the mold of the classic Rodgers kryptonite that tends to knock us out. This team is still mostly comprised of the same guys who won 13 games for 3 seasons in a row (minus Davante obviously). It's insane that people are rooting for bad outcomes when, as stated before, if we make the playoffs we will be as hot as anybody going into the playoffs.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
26 Dec 2022 15:51

We're obviously not elite, but you don't throw in the towel when you've got a shot. Teams have made SB runs with less.
I see this a lot. A generality statement with no detail behind so I decided to look it up.

Teams who have made the Super Bowl:

Teams with 6 losses (10-6)
image.png
image.png (32.24 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Teams with 7 losses
image.png
image.png (28.84 KiB) Viewed 549 times
We have 8 losses. So in fact, we would be the worst team to make it to the SB. Nobody has made a SB run with less than what we have.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Try it with wins. 3 teams with 9 wins have won it all.