Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT - 10/18/2020 - 4:25 EST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2020 06:36
Backthepack4ever wrote:
18 Oct 2020 21:55
Good serving of humble pie. They needed a good ass whopping to get back on track. It was ugly but everything that could go wrong did. It started in the trenches. They kicked the packers tails in. AR folded after the pics. Our playmakers didnt make plays. Preston has been trash and Z comes and goes. They need to step up

I dont think the bucs are a better team. They got us today but we can beat them in the playoffs.

Packers need to get back at it this week and get tough. I expect a fast start and killer instinct.

On to week 7
It's a motivating post for sure.

We also always make these justifying posts after a loss. All depends on how they respond. They have two cupcake games coming up they need to win. The next big game will be SF which will be a TOUGH win. I wanted the Packers to go 3-1 on this stretch and figured the loss would come in Santa Clara. Dropping two to NFC powers would be really hard on us.

But we got our a$$ whopped after the 14 point swing. That has made my confidence in this team plummet. Our defense is bad. Unless they can get back to that pass rush magic, they are bad. And we can't do what we want if we have a bad defense.
The thing about the defense is that it shouldn’t be bad. They have too much invested in it for it to work pay so poorly. There has been some bad decisions made from a personnel standpoint but they’re talented enough.

Pettine calls plays like he’s scared. It was stupid to send no rushers at Brady most of the night. We’ve seen this from coordinators for years where they play this max coverage look vs Brady and I don’t thinks it’s ever worked. When he’s comfortable you get shredded. He’s gotta go after this season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Oct 2020 06:56
go pak go wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:
Good serving of humble pie. They needed a good ass whopping to get back on track. It was ugly but everything that could go wrong did. It started in the trenches. They kicked the packers tails in. AR folded after the pics. Our playmakers didnt make plays. Preston has been trash and Z comes and goes. They need to step up

I dont think the bucs are a better team. They got us today but we can beat them in the playoffs.

Packers need to get back at it this week and get tough. I expect a fast start and killer instinct.

On to week 7

We also always make these justifying posts after a loss. All depends on how they respond. They have two cupcake games coming up they need to win. The next big game will be SF which will be a TOUGH win. I wanted the Packers to go 3-1 on this stretch and figured the loss would come in Santa Clara. Dropping two to NFC powers would be really hard on us.

But we got our a$$ whopped after the 14 point swing. That has made my confidence in this team plummet. Our defense is bad. Unless they can get back to that pass rush magic, they are bad. And we can't do what we want if we have a bad defense.
The thing about the defense is that it shouldn’t be bad. They have too much invested in it for it to work pay so poorly. There has been some bad decisions made from a personnel standpoint but they’re talented enough.

Pettine calls plays like he’s scared. It was stupid to send no rushers at Brady most of the night. We’ve seen this from coordinators for years where they play this max coverage look vs Brady and I don’t thinks it’s ever worked. When he’s comfortable you get shredded. He’s gotta go after this season.
Oh my gawd yes.

I mean we have an All Pro CB. We have an All Pro NT. We have an All Pro OLB. We have an upper echelon OLB. We have an ascending and first round pick OLB. We have solid safety play. We have a first round and wicked fast Free Safety. We have a top end CB complimenting Jaire.

This defense should be really, really good. The only real weakness I saw on this team was ILB and we get a pleasant surprise from Krys Barns. This defense should take over games like it did at points last year.

I thought yesterday was going to be this defense's coming out party. Now it could have been if Rodgers gets a TD on that pick 6 drive instead and we pin our ears back. But allowing 14 points in that 2nd quarter by the defense disappoints me more than anything else in that game.

The Rodgers stuff could be a big deal because we we have seen him go into a shell after bad games, but they are also anomaly plays. But we had two 3rd downs inside the redzone which could have kept us in it and instead we allow scores on both of them without any pressure on Brady.

I mean what the hell. And 2020 is probably our best shot at this thing as this is the year we get to have all horses and weapons in the stall. I just don't understand how this defense for my entire fan life can have really high level talent and always be a below average unit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There is just no identity with this defense.

We do nothing well. I mean when we watched the Bucs yesterday, they had fire. They had passion. They were flying around. They were disruptive. They played big.

The Packers defense on the other hand was reactive and not tone setting. Got stood up on one vs ones. They played soft. If you play soft, you better damn well hold teams to field goals and we allowed TDs on every trip to the redzone.

The defense also had two interceptions that should have been made but we just can't make a play to save our life.

Josh Jackson. Turn your freaking head. You have wonderful coverage to force a punt and you can't turn your freaking head which gives TB another score. What the hell dude? Ball skills was your greatest strength in your college scouting report.

I just can't believe that after a week of self scout, that this was the product Mike Pettine put on the field yesterday. This was just like watching the Packers vs Broncos in 2015. Remember, we were 6-0 going into Denver in 2015.

Now I truly believe this is a better Packers team than 2015 was, but this also laid a blue print of how to beat these Packers too. Especially on how to attack Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The key to beating MLF...give him a bye week to prepare!! Really disappointed he said the practices were crappy last week. Almost like he wasn't getting through to them that they weren't as good as they thought. It seemed like he felt they needed an ass-whipping to get their attention. Really strange feeling from this game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Packers are 1-4 after the bye week since 2015 with the sole win coming in 2016.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Good job everyone in here.

Don't think we need to delete any posts or break up any fights or ban any new users or anything, as is common after losses like that. :aok:

Great to see real, level-headed discussion already going on versus the emotional, irrational ranting.

This is really a great community we have all built here together.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That game was 0-16 bad and we are no where close to 0-16 bad. That may have been the worst played game I have seen in some time.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

go pak go wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:

On to week 7

Yea I wasnt going for motivating or justifying 8-)

We got destroyed. Sheet happens. Chiefs got beat up just a week ago. Am I pissed and disappointed. Heck yea. I'm also concerned this team crumbles under pressure. I also think we got way out coached yesterday on both sides.

But again I feel everything went wrong for us and everything went right for the bucs. The last time a team had 0 turnovers penalties and sacks? 1999. 2x ever a team scored 38 with under 350 yards. Just a craptaskic day. Packers I really feel rolled in unmotivated and a little full of themselves. This after a bye is bad. Playing in TB we suck ha. This wasnt the same as the beating by the 49ers imo. Their front 7 dominated and that bothers me but really we played the run well till the wheels were off and the game was out of hand. Their 2 big weapons did squat. Not getting after brady and letting Gronk roll us was where the pack need to work.

I still have faith in this team. They said they practiced bad this week and guess what... It showed. They need to clean it up and our play makers need to win their battles.

Write it down 2 score qin next week :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's a beautiful post above, bravo!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Don't know if anyone posted this. But just about made me vomit seeing both Clark and Keke dropping back.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Going to try and rewatch the game here.

1st Quarter:

Packers first drive goes inside the 20 and settles for a FG. One play had to be converted on broken play and it was a pass to Aaron Jones on 3rd down to move the chains. The first drive stalled in large part because EQSB made the wrong route which put us in 3rd and long. Rodgers had Davante Adams open on a crosser to convert the first down but instead went for a low percentage ball outside the endzone instead. Wind may have been a factor.

Packers defense opened the game up well. With two run stuffs. We were in 3rd and short because Alexander missed a tackle but Krys Barnes came in and cleaned it up. Josh Jackson came off the edge to trip up McCoy and Barnes and Z were there to clean up to stop for no gain on 3rd and short.

Packers have two great runs up the interior right side by Jamaal Williams. One for 5 yards and the 2nd for 25 yards. Jamaal's first five yard run nearly got whiped out as we did a pitch to Jones on the left side who lost 2 yards on 2nd down because...don't try and outrun Devin White. The drive was saved by an off schedule play to Robert Tonyan to convert 3rd and 7 as Rodgers was going down by Devin White. Rodgers moves the chains on 2nd down by escaping the pocket to MVS to get inside the 30 yardline. Darius Shepherd made a great move on 2nd and 20 to get 15 yards that set up the Rodgers sneak on 3rd down.

Overall, the offense in the first quarter had 3 completions of off schedule throws (Aaron Jones, Tonyan and MVS). The offense also had multiple throws in rhythm, especially to Adams. Jamaal Williams and AJ Dillon were very effective running the ball. Aaron Jones was very not effective running the ball.

Defense start 2nd drive with momentum after a great kickoff coverage tackle by Lovett. Goodman breaks a tackle on Raven Greene to set up an easy first down for Brady and gang. 2nd defensive drive ends at midfield as pressure was dialed up on 2nd and 5 and forced Brady to get the ball out early. 3rd down was not converted due to a poor route/throw by Brady. Sullivan was on coverage.
Yoop wrote:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Really tried not to come here today to give myself a day to erase that disaster from my mind, and did not want to see more negativity. You people are great. Thank you for not being the "The sky is falling" type. It is easy to do after that game. You know, things like that can happen. Is it pleasant? Heck no. I wanted to turn the TV off so many times, at first I was mad, then it just got comical. Some days just do not go your way.

As ARod said, bad week of practice. This team needed a kick in the nuts, a check back down to reality. They sure got it. We will see how MLF and company rebound, and I think it will be in a big way. Time to get down to brass taxes and bust your butt to return.

That defense in TB was much better than I thought, even though some of it was us with garbage execution. They could be a threat in the playoffs.

On to Houston.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I can't think of many teams that don't get shell shocked after giving their opponent 14 points in such a short period of time. We put the defense in tough spots there. I remember back in 1996 we lost to a winless Colts team on the road. Shift happens. I hope they look at the tape, learn where they screwed up and then get ready to take out their frustrations on the Texans.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

2nd Quarter:

Rodgers has Robert Tonyan open on 2nd down and didn't pull the trigger which set up 3rd and 10. Rodgers throws to Adams on a 10 yard cutback that is taken to the house. Rodgers stared down Adams the entire play. Play would have been a TD if Adams and Rodgers would have realized that Dean was sitting on the route and Adams instead does a double move and goes deep.

10 - 7

Rodgers with a great throw to Jones in stride to get 6 yards. 2nd down is a pitch to the left to Jones who is stopped immediately by Lavante David. 3rd down - great matchup with Adams who drops the ball and deflection goes into TB's hands. CLEAR offsides by Number 58 Shaq Barrett that should have resulted in a 1st down Packers. Instead it is 1st and goal at the 2 for the Bucs. Complete and utterly horrible non-call by the refs. In addition, Carlton Davis was all over Davante Adams well over the legal limit beyond the line of scrimmage while the ball was in the air. Should have been an easy DPI. I mean this was nothing better than Jackson's DPI.

Bucs get an easy walk in TD.

10 - 14

Great play call on a PA and Aaron Jones wheel route. Rodgers throws the ball late but Jones with a great catch gets overturned by a bull sh*t technicality because the ball bobbled out of bounce even though the ball doesn't hit the ground. Such a dumb, dumb rule. 2nd and 10, Rodgers misses a WIDE OPEN Mercedes Lewis who is going to score if hit in stride. 3rd and 10 has nothing. Packers punt.

Bucs move the chains on a throw to Gronk with Montravious Adams in coverage. :thwap: Adams makes a great play on 1st down though to only allow a run for 2 yards. Bucs convert on 3rd down even with good pressure by Gary who got the face mask. Krys Barnes was in coverage. Brady converts 3rd and long as Pettine only send 3. Jackson was in coverage but not really his fault as he was in coverage already for a long time. I don't understand if we have 8 in coverage in the endzone how there was ZERO corner help. Preston Smith had a pressure on the play.

Overall this drive was best played by Montravious Adams and Josh Jackson. Jackson was a REALLY good tackler by taking down by TEs and busting up WR screens. Just was asked to be in coverage too long with no help in the corner of the endzone.

10 - 21

1st down is started by a great inside run by Jones on the left side to set up 2nd and 7. Really poor play call on 2nd down to do a shot play to MVS on PA. 3rd down results in sack by Lavante David. Bowles sends 6. Jamaal Williams can't get the block on David and Rodgers can't get the ball out quick enough which is honestly ridiculous. They only have 5 in coverage and we need 3 yards. He has Jones for an easy conversion and doesn't pull the trigger. Williams also didn't make the block, but it wouldn't have made much difference as the 6th blitzer was coming quick.

I really hated the 2nd down PA shot call here because even if it worked, it gives Brady the ball back easy to double up possessions. This was the first really, really bad play call on a horrible point of the game. That drive by GB needed to be 4 minutes so we could go in the half 17 to 21.

Bucs drive gets into the redzone because Jaire Alexander gets beat BAD on man coverage.
Key 3rd and 6. Packers send 6 on the blitz. Adrian Amos just got beat by a great throw and catch.

10 - 28.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The Bucs we saw yesterday may be the best team in the NFL. They always had exceptional talent, but they always had done Bruce arians style bone head things that made them not a great team. These things include turnovers and anything that falls under “lack of discipline” like penalties.

They did none of that stuff yesterday and looked great. They have great WR weapons, a competent QB, good RBs, good TEs, a great DL, David and White are great LBs, and the secondary is young and improving.

When they put it all together and play smart, they can could do what they did to us...to anyone.

I guess the best hope for most NFC teams is this was an anómoly and they will look more like the usual Arians teams than they did yesterday come playoff time.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

No one would should expect that any team will play near perfect every game. The Bucs played near perfect. That isn't happening on a week to week basis. Add in the fact that we played awful football for 3 quarters and you get what happened yesterday.

The Bucs are NOT the class of the NFC, not even close.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The blame lies completely at the feet of Turner obviously.

But with him out of the equation it all comes down to Rodgers and LaFleur not running the ball inside. I’m not sure if LaFleur wasn’t calling it or if Rodgers was changing it but I dint know why they were thinking passing so much and trying to run horizontally. They were short bodies on the interior. White is very fast and David has been one of the best linebackers for years but he is more of a finesse guy as well.

When the kept the runs inside the tackles there was a lot of success but that should have been obvious going into this game with the personnel they had to work with.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:39
No one would should expect that any team will play near perfect every game. The Bucs played near perfect. That isn't happening on a week to week basis. Add in the fact that we played awful football for 3 quarters and you get what happened yesterday.

Oh they are close. Definitely top 3.

1. Seattle (you have to)
2. Tampa Bay (they beat us by 28 points. Definitely not 28 points better than us. If better at all, but they still did it)
3. Green Bay
4. San Francisco
5. Chicago
6. New Orleans
7. LA Rams
8. AZ Cardinals
9. Carolina Panthers
10. Detroit Lions

My half a$$ attempt at an NFC Power Rankings.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
I was with you until yesterday. I wanted them to fail SO BAD. But, they won't. Not with that defense (which was WAY better than what I thought) and Brady allowed to be game manager. They are essentially the 2015 Broncos and they don't have to be flashy to be a contender.

I still think SF will give us problems and we will be incredibly lucky to get out of there with a win, but I won't pick the Packers in that one.

Seattle may sit at the top, but I still like that match-up for us better than TB, SF, or even NO, again. It kind of depends if you are looking at it from an unbiased outsider standpoint or strictly from GB's POV, but either way I slice it, TB is now in that conversation for top dog in the NFC.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:44
Pckfn23 wrote:

Oh they are close. Definitely top 3.

1. Seattle (you have to)
2. Tampa Bay (they beat us by 28 points. Definitely not 28 points better than us. If better at all, but they still did it)
3. Green Bay
4. San Francisco
5. Chicago
6. New Orleans
7. LA Rams
8. AZ Cardinals
9. Carolina Panthers
10. Detroit Lions

My half a$$ attempt at an NFC Power Rankings.
I very much disagree. I don't even have them in the top 5. That is an above average football team that played their asses off for 3 quarters when we fell flat on our faces.

That we got beat means something, but not everything. That would be like saying the '96 Colts were a better team than the '96 Packers.

Any given Sunday.