Topic Split: Stock Market Watch

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
09 Sep 2021 14:05
Captain_Ben wrote:
09 Sep 2021 12:14
BF004 wrote:
08 Sep 2021 07:17
19.23%, 92.38%, 119.83 million, respectively, today. 🤑💰
Still here, 004! All matters will be settled, as the saying goes.
I've joined a discord where we've gotten in on a few other plays. Made some good cash on SPRT and BBIG, back into BBIG and ATER right now. Wanted to get back into SPRT around $20 as well, but have no capital there. Calls are so crazy expensive there with the IV so high right now and that has a higher ticker, still think its a solid play, just don't have 500-1000 laying around to gamble on call with decent expiration length.

Kind of fun playing these, no emotional buy and hold like AMC and GME, just get a few cheap calls, lock in some profits, play with house money, get out whenever you want.

Proceeds went to buying AMC stock. :lol:

$48.50 is the new $14.50 for AMC. Has had about 4-5 tests of it now, broken through a few times, but never held, but just keep testing it and testing quick and quicker, with higher lows each time in between. Think you'll see a real nice tecnhical breakout run to like 52-55 once it does get a clean break. Who knows after that, maybe just reconsolidate, maybe gamma squeeze, maybe some smaller hedge funds start to return their shares and it starts getting froggy.
Been keeping an eye on SPRT- good on you for pulling the trigger.

AMC closed above $50.00 today. Doesn't that mean there will be more buying Monday/Tuesday??

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m still bullish as hell.

BBIG still a good buy in, imo, if you want a cheaper call lottery ticket.

Still want SPRT, but like 400-600 for a decent call and just one.

Something happened with a merger too that I haven’t all figured out yet.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Keep an eye on BBIG.

She’s looking very ripe right now and has a rather large retail following right now.

image.png
image.png (961.71 KiB) Viewed 796 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, I got out of ATER waaaayyyyy too early.

Kind of sucks only playing like 1-2 calls, gotta lock in some profits when it’s up, can’t be too greedy.

Much more fun playing like 10-20 calls, can sell a few off on the way up to lock in profit/break even, then play for some huge rips.

Also, AMC has the highest short interest it has ever had. Higher than January or early June. :shock:

Not a dead cat.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 08:59
Man, I got out of ATER waaaayyyyy too early.

Kind of sucks only playing like 1-2 calls, gotta lock in some profits when it’s up, can’t be too greedy.

Much more fun playing like 10-20 calls, can sell a few off on the way up to lock in profit/break even, then play for some huge rips.

Also, AMC has the highest short interest it has ever had. Higher than January or early June. :shock:

Not a dead cat.
I empathize with you here, but I always try to discourage people from beating themselves up over booking gains too early. Just think about how many people get greedy, hold through the bull market and then sell when it's all the way back down where they bought it.

Let's go AMC!

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Have a small position and keeping an eye on SNDL.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

What are you liking about SNDL? Chart in a steady decline, with doesn't look like a ton of shorting or anything. It's high, but not like squeeze high or anything.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 21:35
What are you liking about SNDL? Chart in a steady decline, with doesn't look like a ton of shorting or anything. It's high, but not like squeeze high or anything.
Top Leaf is their premier brand, supposedly coming out with some big news 9/16.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

$AMC
Short Interest: 20.18%
Utilization: 89.55%
Shares On Loan: 113.35 million

shorts up, loanable shares up

volume down, at the bottom of about a 4 month wedge. IV about as low as it is gunna get.

probably best time to get in on some options if you are still bullish. Trying to get myself more time, just got a couple of March22 calls yesterday.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
14 Sep 2021 12:28
BF004 wrote:
Been tracking this since you pointed it out.

Finally bought in for 300 shares and immediately sold some covered calls, got $9 for selling $1 calls for 10/8. About 4.5% ROI every two weeks if I can keep this up or I'd be happy to sell them for $1. :munch:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 12:46
Captain_Ben wrote:
14 Sep 2021 12:28
BF004 wrote:
Been tracking this since you pointed it out.

Finally bought in for 300 shares and immediately sold some covered calls, got $9 for selling $1 calls for 10/8. About 4.5% ROI every two weeks if I can keep this up or I'd be happy to sell them for $1. :munch:
I think that's a good plan. I'm a big fan of the covered call, especially on a play like this.

I do not ordinarily touch anything cannabis related. The market seems so saturated to me. But I really like this company's website and I think that they are in a solid position financially. Plus, they are being short sold FWIW. My position is small, but may add more. People are saying it will squeeze after AMC does its thing.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2021 08:20
$AMC
Short Interest: 20.18%
Utilization: 89.55%
Shares On Loan: 113.35 million

shorts up, loanable shares up

volume down, at the bottom of about a 4 month wedge. IV about as low as it is gunna get.

probably best time to get in on some options if you are still bullish. Trying to get myself more time, just got a couple of March22 calls yesterday.
This news is a bit old but I read this morning that Nancy Pelosi and her husband have a sizeable position in AMC stock. You'd think that would be a good sign for us, give their track record of successful insider trades.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.

Down on BBIG, but it’s coming back this week, would love to at least break even on that eventually.

Up a ton on PROG last week, wish I had more money in that.

I have never had more amc shares than I do today. ;)

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

The chart is looking sooo much like it was back in May right now. As I type this, it's trying to break $43 on an influx of sudden volume. Certainly feels as though something big is knocking at the door.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
18 Oct 2021 10:08
The chart is looking sooo much like it was back in May right now. As I type this, it's trying to break $43 on an influx of sudden volume. Certainly feels as though something big is knocking at the door.
Got into some more calls, got about 6 now, when price around 36-38, got 2 for January, 4 for March. So go a lot of time to sit back and enjoy stress free. AMC prolly needs to break a good 47/48 to break this wedge we've been in since May. Not gunna bank on it this time, likely will sell off a few of my calls around 46/47.

Been having a lot of fun playing PROG, up like 200% between stocks and options and the set up looks better now than it did like 2 weeks ago. Options chain getting crazy, flirting with gamma squeeze already, hype, getting a lot of publicity, volume getting crazy, fundamental bullish development with a few patents being created and a SI over 60%. Just gunna sit back and watch this one just keep ripping over the next few day/months.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

#ApesNotLeaving

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Prog prog prog...

Been commenting on this for a while, Progenity, already up a few 100% between options and stocks, feel like it hasn't even started yet.

Lot of good fundamental news, paying off debt, ending share dilution. New patents on a revolutionary therapeutic delivery pill, hoping to change the Humira delivery world from an injectable to an oral, just for starters, hundreds of other drugs that could fit under this new method, current and not yet developed.

Yet it is sitting there at about 68% short interest of the free float, mostly from Athyrium trying to take over the company and artificially lowering the stock price. On the NASDAQ threshold list for failure's to deliver, crazy bullish options chain, already 25% of the free float worth of in the money call options exist, could approach 50% on a break of $5.00.

This has potential to be a very real short squeeze play. Fundamental fomo driving this price increase entirely, getting a lot of meme hype, already a dollar or two away from pushing gamma squeeze territory. This could be a big one. My only regret is not having more right now. :lol:

Can't tell anyone to get in, is the definition of chasing already, but I have no intentions of getting out and frankly considering holding a of stock very long term. Good company doing good things for the world. If all I have to do is wait 5 years for this stock to reach, $20, $80, $300, no qualms doing that and I'll have fun making money off options on the way up. NFA DYODD.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Screenshot_20211026-223451_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211026-223451_Chrome.jpg (472.99 KiB) Viewed 688 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yep, these people will try to do anything they can to try to slow down one billionaire and scorch everyone else on their way.

Just makes so much more sense to me to try to lift everyone up vs. trying to bring anyone down.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

004, where you at, Dog?

&%$@'s about to go down

$AMC